Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It Cosmetics bye bye under eye? Doesn’t necessarily need to be used just under the eyes! Comes in a tube, has an insane amount of coverage and you only need a tiny amount
Ooh, another one to check out. Thanks!

Reactions: 1
Quick query about concealers if anyone can help please. I used to use Estée Lauder disappear which was excellent: came in a tube so you could squeeze out what was needed. Went to buy a replacement a few years ago and was told they no longer produce it and was recommended double wear instead which comes in a solid container with a doe foot applicator. Not as good by a long stretch and the whole thing dried up with very little use.

I’m looking for another creamy concealer that comes in a tube which offers good coverage and will last a reasonable amount of time. Any recommendations?
Clarins do one that comes in a tube - or at least they did last time I bought it was about a year ago. Very good coverage, nice creamy consistency and doesn’t dry up. Might be worth you checking out.

Clarins do one that comes in a tube - or at least they did last time I bought it was about a year ago. Very good coverage, nice creamy consistency and doesn’t dry up. Might be worth you checking out.
Thank you, I’ll have a look. Sounds exactly what I’m looking for 👍🏻

has anyone tried the inkey list retinol eye cream? i’m 20 and have really fine lines under my eyes so i want a budget friendly one to try, if not any recommendations??
Yeah, I didn’t get on with it as it found it separated and ran down my face. I’m on the look out for a retinol eye cream - I’m using Cerave eye cream and that’s OK.

Yeah, I didn’t get on with it as it found it separated and ran down my face. I’m on the look out for a retinol eye cream - I’m using Cerave eye cream and that’s OK.
i found cerave didn’t do much for me, got a sample of charlotte tilbury eye cream and it’s like i had undereye filler! 😍 pushed loose powder into my skin and it didn’t sink into my crows feet, i’m sold!

Has anyone tried the ordinary products...what do you think of them?

always see people raving about them so thought I’d give them a go. Started using their niacinamide and zinc and have been for just under a week, but if anything I find my skin has broken out into little pimples and general seems worse

I used Duac and multiple other acne creams from the doctor when I was 14-18. Duac was my most memorable and most useful one. I watched a lot of skincare by Hyram and other tiktok skincare influencers and learnt small things! I use the simple water micellar face wash, hado labo hylaronic acid, the ordinary niacinamide and a face moisturiser! I usually tend to swap between cerave PM (I use for night and day as it has rlly high niacinamide!! Niacinamide is rlly good for spots and pores etc etc), the ordinary moisturiser and versed gel cream. I use treatments (once of one, once a week( such as the well loved Paula’s choice BHA/AHA (SO WORTH IT!!) and the Paula’s choice azelaic acid & the ordinary retinol!! ALSO SPF IS SO IMPORTANT. I love spf - garnier spf 50 is the best and such low price! I love the la roche posay one too. All of this knowledge came with trial and error and it took me a long time to realise what my skin liked and disliked! If anything stick to a cleanser, moisturiser and spf! Hope this helps xx

I’ve had a odd rash on my chin for over 2 weeks. It’s just dry and itchy, I don’t really wear a mask other than when popping into my local shop so it’s not my mask. It’s driving me mad as I have clear skin. I put quite a lot of Egyptian magic cream on last night (having been to scared to put anything on it) and it’s lots better today. If you don’t own any it’s so useful to have in your kit!

Reactions: 2
I’m obsessed with skincare. I love it! I constantly look for the latest things and how they can help me! I am currently obsessed with getting the magic night cream from Charlotte Tilbury but at £100 does anyone use it and can’t live without it? I keep on adding and removing it from my basket 🤣🤣

i found cerave didn’t do much for me, got a sample of charlotte tilbury eye cream and it’s like i had undereye filler! 😍 pushed loose powder into my skin and it didn’t sink into my crows feet, i’m sold!
I love the CT eye cream too!!! Only need a tiny amount too, which is a bonus

To put it bluntly, my skin has taken an absolute battering over the past couple of years and especially since having my youngest. This is going to sound awful (pls no judgements I’m already judging myself) but I literally wash it in the shower with water and that’s it at the moment, occasionally do a face mask and that’s about it - I feel like I get up and go straight away as it’s so full on with 2 under 3 and I’ve suffered bouts of PND since having my eldest so self care sometimes is last on the list. I used to have so many favourite bits and bobs and my skin used to be so glowy and clear using them all but I have just looked in the mirror properly (for the first time in about 7 months 🤢) and my face looks tired, full of blackheads, more spots than I think I’ve ever had in my whole life and yeah.

My first step is to start drinking way more water than I already am and to find a new cleanser. Could people share their skin care routines/favourite products/this that and the other. I have a fairly normal balanced skin type so yeah anything goes really! Thanks guys, from a very very tired mum of 2 Little’s who just needs to get some proper self love into the routine.
I haven’t read through this whole thread but, cleansing morning and night, a face scrub, mask and a decent moisturiser will make you feel a lot better ❤. I like the CeraVe cleanser for normal daily cleansing, Kate McIver products are lovely and also Liz Earle. Don’t feel bad about yourself, once you get into a routine you’ll see the changes and start to feel better about your skin ☺. You can do some reading, when I started out I just googled ‘skincare routine’ because I was expecting lovely skin while using one moisturiser and nothing else! I now love doing my skincare and I’m obsessed with products 🧖🏻‍♀️ !

Last edited:

always see people raving about them so thought I’d give them a go. Started using their niacinamide and zinc and have been for just under a week, but if anything I find my skin has broken out into little pimples and general seems worse
I don’t use the ordinary but I do use glossier which is quite similar ingredients - the pimples could be your skin purging due to the new product. My partners skin purged so badly when he started using facial acids but has now calmed down, with anything it takes time and routine for your skin to get used to it - but if you notice they’re itchy, or stingy or notice any uncomfortableness in general when using it then please stop as it could be causing damage!

I think everyone will have brands or particular products within a brand they love.

From a skin health perspective, make sure your hydrated so be conscious of your water intake. A daily SPF that is suited to the face. Incorporate Vitamin c and Vitamin A. Make sure you exfoliate as it encourages your skins natural cell turn over.

If you want to invest in some skin care identify what your main skin concerns are. Generally serums will have higher % of certain ingredients so its usually best to match a serum to your number one skin concern.

Reactions: 4
I started a new skincare routine just over a week ago and it feels like I’m putting a lot of my face, although maybe this is because I’ve gone from basically nothing to all? I read online and have followed this order that I’d seen in a beauty article.

Hot cloth cleanser
Toner
Serum
Eye cream
Moisturiser
Face oil
SPF

I’ve also just purchased a Foreo UFO and using that twice a week.

I’ve had a couple of breakouts but wonder if that’s just due to trying new things and I need to persevere? What would others do?

I don’t use the ordinary but I do use glossier which is quite similar ingredients - the pimples could be your skin purging due to the new product. My partners skin purged so badly when he started using facial acids but has now calmed down, with anything it takes time and routine for your skin to get used to it - but if you notice they’re itchy, or stingy or notice any uncomfortableness in general when using it then please stop as it could be causing damage!
My skin purged from the ordinary. I was using niacinamide and the aha bha peel. My skin went really bad for about a week, the spots were so big and yellow! But I have really cleared up now, I'm so happy with the routine!

Has anyone ever randomly developed dermatitis? I think I have it on my chin suddenly. I did think it was clearing up. But it’s worse again. It’s not something I know very much about

Has anyone ever randomly developed dermatitis? I think I have it on my chin suddenly. I did think it was clearing up. But it’s worse again. It’s not something I know very much about
Yeah on my eyelids/brow bone, came out of no where about a month ago. Got prescribed 1% steroid cream and have been applying Aquaphor religiously twice a day. It’s not as bad but I still get the odd flare up.

Yeah on my eyelids/brow bone, came out of no where about a month ago. Got prescribed 1% steroid cream and have been applying Aquaphor religiously twice a day. It’s not as bad but I still get the odd flare up.
Thank you. I’ll speak to my doctor. It’s driving me mad

I get it now and again. I just scale back everything. Very basic cleanse and then QV cream or Aquaphor or Cerave healing ointment. Clears up quickly. Hope you get sorted.

Yes, on and around my eyes but it did turn out to be allergic dermatitis. Low strength steroid cream cleared mine up along with good moisturisers then to repair the skin barrier.

I use niacinamide and zinc and I do think its great. Last year I was getting lots of painful little pimples around my mouth and chin which was a bit out of character for my skin - so I incorporated that into my routine and it helped a lot. I used to use only a little but I use a bit more now alongside BHA exfoliator (not The Ordinary) to try and reduce the appearance of pores around my nose.

I started a new skincare routine just over a week ago and it feels like I’m putting a lot of my face, although maybe this is because I’ve gone from basically nothing to all? I read online and have followed this order that I’d seen in a beauty article.

Hot cloth cleanser
Toner
Serum
Eye cream
Moisturiser
Face oil
SPF

I’ve also just purchased a Foreo UFO and using that twice a week.

I’ve had a couple of breakouts but wonder if that’s just due to trying new things and I need to persevere? What would others do?
That is a lot to be putting on your face if you’ve started from nothing, and you’re starting using a UFO as well. (I just got a UFO too, I love it!)

Maybe scale it back a bit and build up gradually, especially if you’ve had some breakouts and you don’t usually get them.

Depending on your skin type, I don’t think you necessarily need an oil as well as a moisturiser. Definitely not am and pm. Also, what type of serum are you using? Again, is it am and pm? Even the toner could be too harsh if it’s an exfoliating one as opposed to a gentle one, or it may contain alcohol which can also be harsh.

Without seeing the exact products it’s hard to say, but perhaps scale it back to cleanse, tone, moisturise, spf. for a few weeks and see how your skin likes it. Then cut out or add a product from there and then you can identify what your skin needs, responds to, and likes.

Just a suggestion. Hope you manage to find a routine that works for you 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.