Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone have any facial cleansing recommendations for sensitive acne prone skin
Bioderma sensibio. You might want to double cleanse, but not while the skin is inflamed. That would mean oil based cleanser and after it a gel one - sensibio was recommended to me by my dermatologist while I was battling rosacea.

I also like Cosrx low PH cleanser. Hasn't caused skin tightness or inflammation, irritation yet.

I’m going into boots this morning and I really need to get some new skin care as my skin is awful! Any recommendations? I have combination skin but at the moment it’s blemished!

thank you!

Reactions: 1
So I started Skin + Me last week, I have 4% Niacinamide, 4% Azelaic Acid and 0.006% Tretinoin and the flaky dry skin from the Tretinoin is real right now around my mouth/chin and lower nose..

I know this is a very common side effect and should hopefully only last a few weeks but has anyone else had this and have any tips/products that might help reduce the ‘skin literally peeling off my face’ look?
Was your Tretinoin prescribed by your GP, if not where did you get it from? On googling, it seems to be on foreign sites, which I’m wary of, or from online doctors or dermatologists who are expensive.

So I started Skin + Me last week, I have 4% Niacinamide, 4% Azelaic Acid and 0.006% Tretinoin and the flaky dry skin from the Tretinoin is real right now around my mouth/chin and lower nose..

I know this is a very common side effect and should hopefully only last a few weeks but has anyone else had this and have any tips/products that might help reduce the ‘skin literally peeling off my face’ look?
I’ve been using Dermatica tretinoin and had a tiny bit of peeling. So I started applying a thin layer of Cerave moisturiser over the top of the tret, and it’s helped loads. Also make sure you’re using a really gentle skincare routine in general, no other actives, and a nice moisturiser and sunscreen during the day.

I’ve been using Dermatica tretinoin and had a tiny bit of peeling. So I started applying a thin layer of Cerave moisturiser over the top of the tret, and it’s helped loads. Also make sure you’re using a really gentle skincare routine in general, no other actives, and a nice moisturiser and sunscreen during the day.
They’re really expensive, aren’t they?

Was your Tretinoin prescribed by your GP, if not where did you get it from? On googling, it seems to be on foreign sites, which I’m wary of, or from online doctors or dermatologists who are expensive.
It is from Skin + Me which is £20 a month (you also get a trial month for £3.99), to me it is not that expensive as it has helped clear my skin up and I was spending that if not more on this, that and the other..
Now I’ve really simplified my routine to just cleanser, SPF, Skin + Me and moisturiser so I am not buying any other skincare except to replenish these

Reactions: 2
They’re really expensive, aren’t they?
Same as Skin + Me, and prescribed by a dermatologist. I’m only using it every 2-3 nights so works out around £7-10 a month (depending how often I use) and the dermatologists are on hand to ask advice etc.

Much safer than buying from an overseas pharmacy. Also because you’re not buying other skincare you’re spending far less overall. I would recommend based on my experience so far.

So I’m using tropic atm - cleanser, toner, day cream, night cream, day eye cream, night eye cream and a serum. And a mask... I love the products but I feel like I need something more for large pores? They say there’s like a natural retinol type product in the night cream but I’m not sure. Anyone have any advice on big pores? My skins otherwise pretty clear tbf

I just ordered a full routine of The ordinary and I'm excited to get started!

I got the squalane cleanser, the natural moisturising factors moisturiser, the salicylic acid mask, the AHA BHA wash off thing (the red one that you use once a week) and the niacinamide. I know it's a lot but I thought I would try their recommended regime!

I'm going to start slow with the cleanser and moisturiser and then gradually introduce the other products. I think I will use the salicylic acid mask and AHA mask once a week (spaced out not on the same day) and the niacinamide daily. Do you think it matters what I introduce first? Anyone tried this routine?
My first impressions of this routine are that the niacinamide is really helping with oiliness on my t zone. However I have some really angry red/yellow head spots. Is this a normal first reaction to these products? I want to hope it's the initial purge but not really sure..

Yes definitely. It’s sooo good on it’s own or under foundation as a primer/spf in one. I couldn’t be without it. Lasts soooo long too. Keep an eye on therapie website they sometimes have discount off image skincare 👌🏻
Just quickly to say I finally got this a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it! The feel and finish of it is so nice and it looks way better on me than the Kiehl’s did. Thank you ☺

• Heart
I tried a L’Oréal revitalift red cream sample the other day and I was really impressed and have ordered a full size tub. I actually felt like I had a glow for once. I have dull skin and would love any advice for a routine to improve brightness. Blackheads on the nose area too could do with banishing. I used sunbeds A LOT when I was younger and facial spf was not a thing I’d ever been told about for some reason 💀👀 I’m experimenting with all sorts of things at the moment but I am very uneducated on it all. The Ordinary stuff interests me and have a few bits from them but open to suggestions

Does anyone have good recommendations for hyaluronic acid?

I was using the Pestle and Mortar one but after a few days I always started to come out in little bumps across my cheeks - not red or anything but still there. I have skin that tends towards dryness so would like to incorporate it into my skincare routine.

Just quickly to say I finally got this a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it! The feel and finish of it is so nice and it looks way better on me than the Kiehl’s did. Thank you ☺
Ahh amazing, delighted to hear that 🥰 xxxx

Does anyone have good recommendations for hyaluronic acid?

I was using the Pestle and Mortar one but after a few days I always started to come out in little bumps across my cheeks - not red or anything but still there. I have skin that tends towards dryness so would like to incorporate it into my skincare routine.
I use the ordinary one and haven't had any problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.