Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried a L’Oréal revitalift red cream sample the other day and I was really impressed and have ordered a full size tub. I actually felt like I had a glow for once. I have dull skin and would love any advice for a routine to improve brightness. Blackheads on the nose area too could do with banishing. I used sunbeds A LOT when I was younger and facial spf was not a thing I’d ever been told about for some reason 💀👀 I’m experimenting with all sorts of things at the moment but I am very uneducated on it all. The Ordinary stuff interests me and have a few bits from them but open to suggestions
what all are you using at the moment? And what sort of age? 🥰

Does anyone have good recommendations for hyaluronic acid?

I was using the Pestle and Mortar one but after a few days I always started to come out in little bumps across my cheeks - not red or anything but still there. I have skin that tends towards dryness so would like to incorporate it into my skincare routine.
how often are you using the pestle and mortar hylaronic acid and what are you using along with?

ETA: they are normally similar in formulations so if the pestle and mortar has made you react this way it might be the way you are using it or what your using it with.... could just be needing to tweak something in your routine so you can use it up and not waste the product you have 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 1
has anyone tried the inkey list retinol eye cream? i’m 20 and have really fine lines under my eyes so i want a budget friendly one to try, if not any recommendations??

Reactions: 2
The best advice I can give you is to drink plenty of water and use a high SPF moisturiser every day (yes, winter and summer). Toners are a waste of time and money a good cleanser will do. Avoid the temptation to start injecting stuff into your skin (Botox, fillers, etc.) and you'll be fine.

Has anyone tried a lumispa? 🤔
not worth the ridiculous price, people don’t realise they’re just double cleaning and if it’s the massaging into the skin you want you can get cheaper things that do the same x

Reactions: 4
Never been very good at following a routine until this last year but received some new goodies a few days ago so wanted to report. I'm 34 with combo/oily yet some dry patches and acne/blemish prone skin. Just bought a cleanser and toner from a French brand called caudalie (the vino pure range) Holy crap... Sooo good! Also currently trying a sample of Paulas choice 2% bha exfoliant (also loving that) and the oil free gel moisturiser by murad.. (loving that even more) in two days my pores are less viable, less blackheads and my skin in crazy soft.. Hoping I've found a winning combo here for not too much money 👌🏻

I’m 29 and a bit obsessed with skincare. I used to smoke and use sun beds 🤦🏻‍♀️ A few years ago mind.
My skins combination.. a bit dry but open oily pores on my nose

Morning:
Cleanse with tropic cleanser
Tropic spray vitamin toner
The ordinary caffeine eye serum
Tropic glow berry serum
Tropic moisturiser

I’ll be honest I haven’t worn spf for ages - I work from home and it’s winter but I’m going to order one today

night:
Cleanse with Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser
Tropic Toner
Revolution eye cream
Revolution salycilic acid on my nose and chin if I’m due on
Tropic elixir face oil
Revolution retinol

That sounds a lot but my skin looks amazing lately if I say so myself 🤣. I drink about 4l of water a day (I do a lot of exercise) and have Botox once a year

I also use the ordinary face peel once a week and one of the tropic face masks depending on how my skins feeling.. either the hydration, firming or blemish reducing one

I have problem skin due to hormone issues and I've tried every lotion and potion under the sun.

You need to work out your skin type and choose a suitable cleanser from there. I have combination/oily skin so I use Cetaphil oily skin cleanser which works really well for me.

I use Superdrug glycolic acid after cleansing and then Superdrug vitamin E night cream. I use a charcoal salicylic mask once a week.

I also use dots for spots which are hydrocolloid and bring any sore blind spots to the surface, or suck out any nastiness in spots with a head.

Also a high factor facial suncream with 5* protection is crucial!

Has anyone seen that on LookUnique website you can get a selection of samples for £3.95!!! Not just sachets but tubs and tubes too. So good for us that are working out what we need

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I've just recently bought Paulas Choice Essential Glow moisturiser. Daily spf is so important but most people are really lucky they can wear chemical spfs which are what most moisturisers or facial creams are.

Mineral spfs are the best kind of spf but can be so problematic - they all have that white sheen and some can be difficult to apply. I've personally struggled to find one I really like but the Paulas choice one is the first I've tried that I really really love. Super easy to put on and gives skin a nice dewy glow. I haven't tried it under make up yet but I don't see why it would cause issues.

Hi, I’ve noticed lately my face is looking very dull and grey around the eyes. A lot of that is down to poor sleep pattern, poor diet and not enough water. I’m working on that and will be in a much better routine once schools go back.

However I wonder if people can help with a good skincare routine too please? Currently I use a face wash, sometimes an exfoliating one. I have lots of bottles that need using up, so I’ve just finished using the Clinique exfoliating face wash and now I’m using the Lacura hot cloth cleanser. They’re almost full bottles so I’m not constantly changing, I can get a few weeks worth out of them.

I do that day and night, then I use the Elemis pro collagen marine cream after washing in the morning. I’ll use a night cream before bed, currently the Ren revitalising night cream.

Any advice for eye cream? And anything to give my face more of a glow? I have combination skin and suffer with hormonal break outs around my chin.

Hi, I’ve noticed lately my face is looking very dull and grey around the eyes. A lot of that is down to poor sleep pattern, poor diet and not enough water. I’m working on that and will be in a much better routine once schools go back.

However I wonder if people can help with a good skincare routine too please? Currently I use a face wash, sometimes an exfoliating one. I have lots of bottles that need using up, so I’ve just finished using the Clinique exfoliating face wash and now I’m using the Lacura hot cloth cleanser. They’re almost full bottles so I’m not constantly changing, I can get a few weeks worth out of them.

I do that day and night, then I use the Elemis pro collagen marine cream after washing in the morning. I’ll use a night cream before bed, currently the Ren revitalising night cream.

Any advice for eye cream? And anything to give my face more of a glow? I have combination skin and suffer with hormonal break outs around my chin.
I would definitely add some kind of vitamin C serum into your routine. Its amazing for giving a glow. Ole henrikson vitamin C eye cream is good as well.

Also I love the body shop vitamim C peel, use that 2/3 times a week for overall glow.

maybe also add retinol to your routine.

Reactions: 3
I would definitely add some kind of vitamin C serum into your routine. Its amazing for giving a glow. Ole henrikson vitamin C eye cream is good as well.

Also I love the body shop vitamim C peel, use that 2/3 times a week for overall glow.

maybe also add retinol to your routine.
Thank you for the advice. I’ve just gone through all of my sample pots... I seem to have all the gear but no idea.

I’ve found lots of hydrating type creams, so I will have a read through the reviews of them. I’m happy to spend money but may as well use what I have first. Some include SPF too which I think I need to start using as I’ll be venturing out more.

Image vital c hydrating eye recovery gel is amazing... best eye cream I’ve ever used. So good for tired/dehydrated eyes, fine lines and puffiness. It has vitamin c which is great for brightening and also hylauronic acid which is great for moisture/plumping the skin 🥰

The image spfs are also amazing and work well under make up too so they double up as an excellent make up primer. I use the matte one and it’s fab 🥰

• Heart
My dermatologist told me that one of the best things we can do is to take a probiotic for our skin. Once our gut is in good health it shows on our face. I’ve been a little more diligent with this over the last couple of months plus I’ve been taking turmeric supplements and my skin is looking really good

Reactions: 5
I am booked in for my first ever botox treatment and am excited! I am 29 and don't have noticeable lines to anyone else but I have noticed some changes - a dent in my frown area and a line on my forehead. I am only planning botox twice a year (birthday and Christmas, haha) if that, depending on how long it lasts. I want to start early as when the lines are not deep, you don't need as many units. I still want to retain movement in my forehead and brow area though so don't want too many units. I am booked in a plastic surgeon's office that has really good reviews :). I have used SPF 30+ diligently on my face since I was around 18, never smoked, and barely drink alcohol, and compared to peers from high school, I have a lot fewer wrinkles. So if you are younger...start using SPF daily, even in winter, drink lots of water, don't smoke, no sunbeds, and keep alcohol intake low. Haha.

Quick query about concealers if anyone can help please. I used to use Estée Lauder disappear which was excellent: came in a tube so you could squeeze out what was needed. Went to buy a replacement a few years ago and was told they no longer produce it and was recommended double wear instead which comes in a solid container with a doe foot applicator. Not as good by a long stretch and the whole thing dried up with very little use.

I’m looking for another creamy concealer that comes in a tube which offers good coverage and will last a reasonable amount of time. Any recommendations?

Quick query about concealers if anyone can help please. I used to use Estée Lauder disappear which was excellent: came in a tube so you could squeeze out what was needed. Went to buy a replacement a few years ago and was told they no longer produce it and was recommended double wear instead which comes in a solid container with a doe foot applicator. Not as good by a long stretch and the whole thing dried up with very little use.

I’m looking for another creamy concealer that comes in a tube which offers good coverage and will last a reasonable amount of time. Any recommendations?
Nars radiant creamy concealer is fab. Very easy to apply, need very little for amazing coverage and also very blendable

Other alternative with high coverage is the Mac prolongwear concealer. Coverage is insane but for me the tube annoys the life out of me, always depenses too much product!

If you wanted something cheaper for everyday the maybelline under eye eraser concealer is also good alternative - very blendable, but the coverage would be less than the nars and MAC ☺

Nars radiant creamy concealer is fab. Very easy to apply, need very little for amazing coverage and also very blendable

Other alternative with high coverage is the Mac prolongwear concealer. Coverage is insane but for me the tube annoys the life out of me, always depenses too much product!

If you wanted something cheaper for everyday the maybelline under eye eraser concealer is also good alternative - very blendable, but the coverage would be less than the nars and MAC ☺
Thanks so much for your quick response. I tried the Nars one but it was another doe foot applicator and so I wasn’t keen. I will Google the MAC one now and maybe treat myself.

It Cosmetics bye bye under eye? Doesn’t necessarily need to be used just under the eyes! Comes in a tube, has an insane amount of coverage and you only need a tiny amount

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.