Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Has anyone ever randomly developed dermatitis? I think I have it on my chin suddenly. I did think it was clearing up. But it’s worse again. It’s not something I know very much about
Yes, on and around my eyes but it did turn out to be allergic dermatitis. Low strength steroid cream cleared mine up along with good moisturisers then to repair the skin barrier.

Has anyone tried the ordinary products...what do you think of them?

always see people raving about them so thought I’d give them a go. Started using their niacinamide and zinc and have been for just under a week, but if anything I find my skin has broken out into little pimples and general seems worse
I use niacinamide and zinc and I do think its great. Last year I was getting lots of painful little pimples around my mouth and chin which was a bit out of character for my skin - so I incorporated that into my routine and it helped a lot. I used to use only a little but I use a bit more now alongside BHA exfoliator (not The Ordinary) to try and reduce the appearance of pores around my nose.

shana

Yeah, I didn’t get on with it as it found it separated and ran down my face. I’m on the look out for a retinol eye cream - I’m using Cerave eye cream and that’s OK.
i found cerave didn’t do much for me, got a sample of charlotte tilbury eye cream and it’s like i had undereye filler! 😍 pushed loose powder into my skin and it didn’t sink into my crows feet, i’m sold!

EddieBeds

VIP Member
I also have large pores and have tried lots of products to disguise them.
I joined beauty pie and have been using their micro peeling drops and retinol serum and moisturiser. My pores have halved in size in around 4 months. When I wear makeup you can’t see them anymore.
Hi, sorry realise this post is from ages ago - just found this thread and slowly working through!

Another pore sufferer here - how do you use the micro peeling drops from Beauty Pie? I have skin on the sensitive side but while cheeks are a bit dry get an oil slick on my t-zone and pores that I’m conscious of. Am a Beauty Pie member and have seen these but unsure how to use. I’ve used their glycolic pads but been left a bit ‘meh’ by them

I had used the retinol range in the past but stopped when I was pregnant/then breastfeeding but was thinking of reintroducing this into my routine soon.

I’m a bit stop/start with using acids - never know if they’re a daily thing or a once a week thing or a ‘depends on you/your skin’ for frequency? I’ve used the Dr Dennis Gross Daily Peel - using a trial size of the Ultra Gentle then worked onto the Universal ones. They worked really well but obviously come with a price tag. Has anyone had success with an alternative to these? I wasn’t using them daily, just 2-3 times a week.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I use one made by a dermatologist. I have terrible rosecea. It seems to be getting better but I wasn’t sure when to use it for maximum effectiveness

mcfeez

VIP Member
Don’t use any kind of exfoliant with retinol, even if not on the same day. The exfoliant will be removing the top layer of the skin and the retinol will be trying to build your skin up... can cause a reaction or irritation on your skin which will take a while to fix 🙈
Can I ever introduce it again? Or is it just a case of just while my skin builds tolerance?

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a really good eye cream, for bags and wrinkles. I'm thinking of getting some botox next month might be the only option haha.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I have just been given the daily set of the ordinary for my birthday. Never used before and need some advice…it’s a bit random! I’ve just used the squalane cleanser and it has turned the tips of my gel nails a colour which can only be described as smoking 20 roll ups a day for the last 30 years. Is that normal? 🤔
I’ve heard that vitamin c serums can turn the skin orange/yellow, but never a cleanser. All I can suggest is using a skin scrub to try and lift it a bit. Hope you manage.

Sparklesurprise

Chatty Member
What is the overall opinion on tropic? I quite like it but those more knowledgeable than I say that it’s not worth the money? I really don’t like the ordinary moisturisers so I need something new. Not sure about la roche posay either, that’s another I hear mixed reviews on

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Can anyone offer advice on improving the skin/appearance of my legs?

I am pasty but besides that I do exfoliate my legs maybe once a week with a scrub and moisturise most nights - I have tried aha/bha lotions & a Vitamin C body lotion but nothing really helped. They aren't overly dry but they just have those little dots on them - I only wax. I don't really use self tan as I don't like it on my face etc and I think it looks weird if my legs are brown and my face pale!

Any advice?
Have you got strawberry skin/KP?

MinnnieMouse

Thank you, is there any you’d suggest in particular?
I haven't tried lots but I really like this from the ordinary - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/the-ordinary-granactive-retinoid-2-in-squalane.html it's 2% which is quite strong if you haven't used it before but this formulation doesn't cause irritation (although probably sensible to do a patch test and not slap it on every night until you know it's ok for your skin, just in case!). It's cheap too so not too annoying if you aren't keen on it.

Edited to say, it's this one I like https://www.feelunique.com/p/The-Or...4srE2Wt6pI0bv_kj1KxoC1IsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I didn't realise they do a version in squalane too.

Last edited:

Melian

VIP Member
I've got problems with my lungs so can't have something with strong smells. I'm also Autistic and find a lot of creams (and other skin products ) to feel "heavy"

1) face wash recommendations please? I just need something that won't dry my skin out and will do something about my spots, please. I've tried clean and clear but I find it has a strong smell.

2) hand cream recommendations please? Like many people, I've found that the constant hand washing dries my skin out. I did buy some Nivea hand cream, but it felt greasy and the smell was a bit strong.

Thank you

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
Hoping for advice please! I have really, really dull looking skin but a very red t-zone. No spots. I’ve booked in for dermaplaning with a jelly mask after as a quick thing to do before holiday to brighten things up but I’m lost in the amount of different services offered nowadays! Any advice please, especially for the redness?