Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ding

VIP Member
Superdrug's own, from their Naturally Radiant range. It's a 5% toner, the same strength as the Pixi toner, but I honestly prefer it to Pixi's. So cheap too.
I second this! Its always on offer too. Either half price or BOGOF. The whole Naturally Radiant range from Superdrug is great.

Reactions: 3

Pinkii

VIP Member
Wonder If anyone can give me some product tips please?
I'm mid thirties, always looked after my skin, moisturised from 18yrs old but my skin has never returned the favour, sadly 😥
I'm now at a stage were I don't know what to do next?
I've ways suffered with milia under my eyes and Down my cheeks, they've definitely got a bit better the older I've got but make up still looks horrendous over them, basically I've got congested skin and I can't seem to sort this.
I'm also at a loss with products, I feel like I've tried them all?! I always seem to have a layer of grease on my face but I also suffer with dry skin 🤪🤪🤪 I'm just beginning to get fine lines too. I know its a lot but can anyone recommend anything please?
i would definitely recommend using products that have salicylic acid (cerave do a great gentle face wash), great for congestion and exfoliating. Hyaluronic acid is also great for dry/dehydrated skin.

obviously not a skin guru but if you feel you have greasy face, i would think you’re more dehydrated than dry, so lots of water will help that.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Thankyou, no I’ve not changed any of my detergents or face cleansers or cream. I have had the bumps for a while and I thought I was off the masks but I’ve not had to wear one at work for months not and they are still on my cheeks. Sometimes my face gets really red and it feels like sunburn
Possibly rosacae? however you spell it hope you get it sorted x

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Pretty much the whole cerave range.. I don't know why I kept trying tbh! Just didn't help at all. The large blue tube caused jaw acne.
La roche posay effaclar moisteriser (didn't rate. Made my nose sting!) also tried the cetaplast baum as a hardcore attempt to treat the very dry patches (not as bad now) but was too greasy for my skin. Was recommended Simple range.. Not for me as it just didn't seem to do anything? Nivea also not for me, very heavily scented too. Got a random one in a green tub at the mo from tk maxx but again, very thin and does nothing.

Should I have a seperate night /day cream? I use la roche posay SPF which seems to be okay so maybe it's just the effeclar range that's the issue?

Ooh will have a look
I really personally don’t rate a lot of the cerave stuff. Found them very drying! Same with the LRP effaclar moisturiser, I think had the effaclar+ duo moisturiser and whilst it did help spots sometimes, it really did nothing for my skin.

You don’t really need separate day and night creams to be honest. You say you want something rich, have you looked at Weleda skin food? That’s very rich, I use that and love it - have done for around maybe 8/9 months. also the Elemis Pro-collagen creams are a nice level of rich and certainly made a difference. Also loved the superfood moisturizers, Elemis is probably the only day and night creams I’ve used.

• Heart

theweekend

Is anyone else's nose soooo dry and textured all the time no matter what amount or type of moisturiser you apply? Not sure if this is something a glycolic acid could help with?

Pinkii

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a spf 50 lotion that cwn use daily more like a moisturiser that won't leave a white cast tia x
another vote for la roche posay or my personal fave corsx aloe vera, i usually buy off Ebay. Its lovely and moisturising and smells nice

Thank you❣ I have the c-tetra and retinol 10 in my basket, but might get the 6 first 😬 have you tried the advanced night restore? I have tonnes of other products but want to whittle it down now and kind of settled on medik8. Although I did really rate the Dr Dennis Advanced Retinol and Ferulic Range.
You can get samples on feelunique.. 5 for £3.95 I think

• Heart

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
just tried the boots vitamin c brightening sleep mask and it was amazingggg. i recommend the entire boots skincare line honestly it’s so cheap and works well

shana

my skin HATES salicylic acid, i’ve tried paulas choice and cerave cleanser and it makes my skin so sore and my spots so angry, but i hate my sabaceous filaments on my nose and chin, how can i get rid of them x

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Getting old and struggling with ageing skin. Want to use a decent sunblock for my face in this heatwave as lockdown stress really accelerated my wrinkles and age spots etc
Every sunblock I use no matter what formulation just makes my eyes sting so much I can't open them and bright red
I feel ugly and walking around with one eye shut is impractical.
I can't wear make up because of it , not that I do wear makeup much anymore but nice to have the option.
Washing it off just hurts my eyes more, they feel so scratched
Please advise!
I recently got a tube of the bioré watery essence and it's so lovely! No stinging, super light fluid. I ordered from Stylevana, which can take a while for delivery due to it being sent from Hong Kong, but there are other sites that sell it I think, including eBay. I struggle with my eyes and SPF too, but this has honestly been great.

mindlessness

VIP Member
yes sorry, looking for recommendations of a suncream for the face with spf 50 that can be wore under makeup, or even better if it was a tinted moisturiser aswell. Looked at a few online but reviews say they leave a white cast
In my experience it's best to keep your spf separate from a tinted moisturiser, as the amount you need to apply for the adverised SPF coverage is quite a lot
(I know, Daily Mail 😅 but it illustrates the issue well)

I really rate the La Roche Posay Anthelios range. Normally I apply my morning moisturiser, wait 10 mins, then SPF, wait 10 mins, makeup.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Thanks so much! I’m having a look at the Paula’s Choice range now…is there any BHA in particular you recommend??
https://www.paulaschoice.co.uk/skin-perfecting-bha-liquid-exfoliant/m2010.html this one is the one I use 😊 they do a 30ml mini if you want to try it first!
Paula’s Choice 2% exfoliating solution has made such a big difference to my skin texture. I used to have lots of little skin coloured bumps and my skin is now a lot smoother.

Could I ask for some advice? I’m 32 and my skin does get oily throughout the day, is sensitive and acne prone.

My routine is really basic:

Morning:
Face wash: Cosrx low ph good morning cleanser
Moisturer: Cerave moisturising cream

Evening:
Face wash: Cosrx low ph good morning cleanser
Toner: Paula’s Choice 2% BHA lotion

I really need to add sunscreen but have really struggled to find one that agrees with me. The latest one I tried was by Heliocare and it caused spots. Should I use sunscreen after my moisturiser? Any recommendations?

I would like to add Tretinoin/Retinol to help with fine lines and as a preventative. Where would that fit into my routine? Can I still use the BHA? Really keen to continue with it as its really improved my skin.

Any facial treatments that actually help to improve the skin?

any recommendations would be great. Thank you!!
hello!
to balance out the oil you’re gonna need more hydration in your routine so i would look at hydrating products - snail mucin by cosrx is great, niacinamide will also also help with oil balance, hydration and a lot of other things too.

re: tret and retinol, you would only use these in the evening - i wouldn’t use them every night if you’re sensitive as you could damage your skin barrier - tret in particular is really strong. maybe start with a retinol and see how your skin reacts - the inkey list one is a good place to start. i use retinol every other night and every morning after using it i follow up with vitamin c and spf - make sure you’re using spf if you’re using tret/retinol, you should be wearing it every day and it is the last step in your skincare routine so after moisturiser and before any make up!

spfs i like (i can be quite sensitive and i hated heliocare for the same reason as you) - la roche posay anthelios, bondi sands, elizabeth arden city smart prevage, ultra sun.

re: bha yes you can still use it just not on the same nights as retinol/tret

• Heart

Smoke_and_Mirrors

Chatty Member
I love the elemis balm. I prefer the neroli and rose ones to the original as I think that has a bit of menthol in it and irritates my eyes. TTDO is functional to me. I like fragrance and a bit of luxury but aware that is superfluous!

• Heart

Base2019

VIP Member
Only like 4 days in using the REN overnight glow cream and the glow tonic (every other night due to AHA) and my skin is sooo glowy already 😱 so pleasantly surprised lol