Skin care - tell me all of the advice #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a product for acne? Either prescription or not. Would prefer a gel / cream over tablets. Need my skin sorted for an upcoming wedding.
Thank you :)
Differin, Duac, or Treclin you can get them all prescribed by the boots pharmacy you can do it online if you prefer.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a product for acne? Either prescription or not. Would prefer a gel / cream over tablets. Need my skin sorted for an upcoming wedding.
Duac daily gel really helped mine, got it from the GP

Acnecide gel is really good, you can buy it online and over the counter. I’ve also been using Cerave blemish control cleanser along with their oil free moisturiser for the past few months and I’ve found this has made a huge difference in reducing breakouts and improving skin texture :)

Reactions: 2
I’ve notice my chin is quite dimply orange peel texture. What can I do to help this

I’ve notice my chin is quite dimply orange peel texture. What can I do to help this
Maybe using a chemical exfoliating mask would help smooth it all out?
There is a nice Boots own brand one I've been using few times that is nice, it yellow, it smells like banana sweets and it nice & cheap. Does the job.

Looking for impartial advice on the 'best' treatment between the following facials. Really want something to complement the Botox I have on my crows feet.

I'm 39 and have dry skin, my skin probably ages me a bit (likely due to extreme stress in my late 20s)

All these are provided by my beauty therapist.
Chemical Peel
Fractional RF
Carbon Laser
Microneedling

My aesthetic nurse also offers
PCA No Peel Peel
Nappage Mesotherapy
Filmed Skin Bright Peel.

It all just blows my mind and clearly they make their treatments sound amazing!!

Is the skin bumpy or is it the general texture of your chin area? Many people get wrinkles like this some time in their life, my chin started to get this texture when pursing my lips in a specific way. I got botox for bruxism and the doctor also puts some in the chin and the wrinkles are completely gone. It's not noticeable that there's botox in there, but just avoids the skin "curling up".

Is the skin bumpy or is it the general texture of your chin area? Many people get wrinkles like this some time in their life, my chin started to get this texture when pursing my lips in a specific way. I got botox for bruxism and the doctor also puts some in the chin and the wrinkles are completely gone. It's not noticeable that there's botox in there, but just avoids the skin "curling up".
The texture is dimply, similar to orange peel (I have marionette lines but will tackle each problem at a time) It looks worse with make up, it seems to exentuate it

The texture is dimply, similar to orange peel (I have marionette lines but will tackle each problem at a time) It looks worse with make up, it seems to exentuate it
It sounds like it might be a thing Botox could work for, but a peeling and good hydration should also already help, even if only slowly. E.g. a hyaluronic acid serum, something to lock in the moisture on top if you've drier skin and maybe retinol, to improve the texture over time. I like the Inkey List stuff, it's very affordable and so far I haven't had anything I really didn't like. They often give you a bottle of the HA serum for free if you buy a bundle.

• Heart
I wonder if anyone can help me please.

I have a patch on my right cheek which is really red and a bit bumpy. Sometimes it has lots of little whiteheads on it (today is one of them days) and sometimes it doesn't.

It's doesn't feel particularly different to any other part of my face but its really getting me down as I am having to wear make up to cover it as it looks awful without.

I thought it might have been caused by my pillow but doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think it's hormonal as it is pretty constant. I have no other patches on my face and I javent changed anything. It came up a few months ago and just won't go.

I will try and get a picture but it's pretty hard without showing my whole face which I obvs don't want to do

I wonder if anyone can help me please.

I have a patch on my right cheek which is really red and a bit bumpy. Sometimes it has lots of little whiteheads on it (today is one of them days) and sometimes it doesn't.

It's doesn't feel particularly different to any other part of my face but its really getting me down as I am having to wear make up to cover it as it looks awful without.

I thought it might have been caused by my pillow but doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think it's hormonal as it is pretty constant. I have no other patches on my face and I javent changed anything. It came up a few months ago and just won't go.

I will try and get a picture but it's pretty hard without showing my whole face which I obvs don't want to do
Quoting myself as I got a picture

Attachments

Anyone else had a nightmare with Sephora customer service?? Sorry if this isn’t the best thread for this but I need a serious rant.

I was due a package early last week and it didn’t come. When I tracked it with Evri it said sorry we damaged your parcel beyond repair please contact your retailer. (Absolutely believe the courier stole my parcel). I have spent ALL last week and yesterday and today trying to get through to Sephora.

Live Chat kicks you out and you have to start the process again multiple times. Finally managed to get through to someone and they asked for my order number so I flicked back to my emails, came back and I’d been booted from the chat 😩. I got an email saying sorry we got disconnected please reply to this email and we’ll help. I’ve emailed that address back three times and no response!

Just tried live chat again and was waiting 30 mins and barely moving in the queue so I’ve had to bail on it. They’re only open 9-5 when we’re all working so I can’t really sit on live chat waiting for 30+ mins as I’m working.

So bloody fed up!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Anyone else had a nightmare with Sephora customer service?? Sorry if this isn’t the best thread for this but I need a serious rant.

I was due a package early last week and it didn’t come. When I tracked it with Evri it said sorry we damaged your parcel beyond repair please contact your retailer. (Absolutely believe the courier stole my parcel). I have spent ALL last week and yesterday and today trying to get through to Sephora.

Live Chat kicks you out and you have to start the process again multiple times. Finally managed to get through to someone and they asked for my order number so I flicked back to my emails, came back and I’d been booted from the chat 😩. I got an email saying sorry we got disconnected please reply to this email and we’ll help. I’ve emailed that address back three times and no response!

Just tried live chat again and was waiting 30 mins and barely moving in the queue so I’ve had to bail on it. They’re only open 9-5 when we’re all working so I can’t really sit on live chat waiting for 30+ mins as I’m working.

So bloody fed up!!
Did you happen to pay via PayPal?

Quoting myself as I got a picture
My skin was very similar to yours a few years back and I was diagnosed with rosecea. Looks like you have a bad flare up. I was given antibiotics and probiotics and the worse of it got better. However the best thing I’ve found is the ordinary Niacinamide which I’ve been using for a few months and I’ve had no flare ups at all.

My skin was very similar to yours a few years back and I was diagnosed with rosecea. Looks like you have a bad flare up. I was given antibiotics and probiotics and the worse of it got better. However the best thing I’ve found is the ordinary Niacinamide which I’ve been using for a few months and I’ve had no flare ups at all.
Thank you, I use the ordinary niacinamide already 😭

I feel bad going to my GP for my skin which is essentially cosmetic, so hoping to treat myself, but it's really getting me down so I might have to go if it needs antibiotics.

I feel bad going to my GP for my skin which is essentially cosmetic, so hoping to treat myself, but it's really getting me down so I might have to go if it needs antibiotics.
Don’t feel bad, it is a medical issue and not cosmetic. It may take more than one prescription of antibiotics. I’m diagnosing you by a small photo 😊your GP may give you a totally different diagnosis

• Heart

If you don’t want to go to your GP just go to a chemist and ask the Pharmacist for advice.

They can recommend either over the counter medication or advise you to see your GP

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Any advice for getting rid of milia?. Have one small and a bigger one by my nose!

Any advice for getting rid of milia?. Have one small and a bigger one by my nose!
I’d like to know this too. I’m really bad and use a needle to get them out when I get them 🙈🙈🙈 so bad for your skin. Would be good to find out what kinder things I can do

I’ve been using Elemis moisturiser and cleanser I got in my advent calendar. I’m just a few days my skin looks goo, so fresh. Is there a dupe as it’s so bloomin expensive otherwise