SJ Strum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They recorded the video when Naomi had been diagnosed Stage 3, but this has since changed and she is no longer being treated to cure. They explained all this on Instagram before linking to the video, and I guess reflected what they could - but who would want to re-record a video like that?

Reactions: 4
I just watched the video and Naomi is such a strong person. I’d never listened to the podcast and the video title came out of nowhere as I don’t usually keep track of SJ in general. Hopefully they can make helpful videos as Naomi mentioned and they can enjoy the time they have together

Reactions: 2
Heartbreaking and very courageous for them to want to share their story to raise awareness

Reactions: 3
If treating to cure is still on the table then it sounds like its a rectal cancer so the survival rates can be better even with stage 4 disease. Heartbreaking for Naomi and their whole family. From an awareness perspective, I think it would be helpful to clearly state or emphasize that people should go to their GP's as soon as possible if they have suspicious symptoms like bloody poos and not rely on friends or even internet strangers to diagnose. Better for it to be a false alarm and truly piles then just to assume that the bleeding is something not sinister, especially when there's family history.

If treating to cure is still on the table then it sounds like its a rectal cancer so the survival rates can be better even with stage 4 disease. Heartbreaking for Naomi and their whole family. From an awareness perspective, I think it would be helpful to clearly state or emphasize that people should go to their GP's as soon as possible if they have suspicious symptoms like bloody poos and not rely on friends or even internet strangers to diagnose. Better for it to be a false alarm and truly piles then just to assume that the bleeding is something not sinister, especially when there's family history.
Apparently this video was filmed when she was still stage 3 and they're no longer treating to cure now. Her poor children 💔

• Sad
Really very sad. I think it’s good they’re raising awareness as Naomi is quite young and it is a cancer often misdiagnosed or overlooked in younger people 😞

Reactions: 4
I really feel for Naomi and the family. I lost a very close family member to cancer and it's awful. But back to SJs name videos which are getting sloppy now. Her current boys name video. She mispronounced Zephyr and Yves. She uses the feminine spelling of Francis (Frances) and basically repeats names that are always on her lists.
I see in the comments I am not the only one noticing all the above.

She fancies herself something rotten. Even as her sister was diagnosed and dying she's busy eye f***ing the camera.

Sarah - Jayne lol! "SJ" is such a cringeworthy nickname.

• Wow
I find her logging her sisters cancer journey really distasteful in the way she has done it.

Reactions: 1
I can’t stop thinking about her and her sister
I know. It’s incredibly hard. Everyone will have different views of this but, personally, I think they are providing a huge amount of education and normalisation regarding cancer and death. Two really hard topics that are often historically been hidden away and not discussed. I wish them both and their families the very best

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know. It’s incredibly hard. Everyone will have different views of this but, personally, I think they are providing a huge amount of education and normalisation regarding cancer and death. Two really hard topics that are often historically been hidden away and not discussed. I wish them both and their families the very best
I agree - I see how SJ is utterly heartbroken. She and Naomi feel that raising awareness and leaving a legacy is something positive that can come out of such a terrible situation. I wish them all the very best, especially Naomi’s little daughters 💔

Reactions: 5
Heartbreaking to read that her sister passed away, I feel for SJ and her family but specially for her little girls💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10