SJ Strum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just watched her latest video where she is 'leaving YouTube for a while' to help children in Guana. Really over dramatic video and then I saw on her insta that shes only away for one week!
I'm happy that it is self funded though as it annoys me when people ask to sponsor them for 'charity' to do amazing things like skydiving, bungee jumping etc. Good on her for doing it.. I think she is trying to use her platform for good.

Reactions: 5
A week???? Good god, I thought she was going for a year or something! No-one would have noticed her being offline for a week, no need to announce it lol. 😂
Is she self-funding everything? I only ask because I know for Comic Relief celebs were put up in five star hotels while filming in Africa etc.

Reactions: 2
Total clickbait, that video title, and not relevant to the charity work she's going to do. Also thought she completely glossed over the details of the trip, hilarious that she's only going for a week, she made it sound like she was going for a month or more.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I am very uncomfortable with some of the pictures of the kids she is sharing photos of. Did she get the right permissions to share these kids? Did the Stacey Dooley incident have any impact her?

Reactions: 4
I have just re read her insta posts and she says something like 'heading to the village where we will be living for the week'.. It maybe could mean that she is staying there for 1 week and then moving somewhere else?
Although I cannot find any information on how long she will be out there for.
I hope shes doing it to be kind and not to show off how amazing she is. She was there 10 seconds and posted a load of shots for the gram.

• Wow
Ha yeah I thought she would be going for like six months at least from the way she was talking! A week - pffft
Nice thing to do though ❤

She said on her video, they will be sleeping in the village outside. She also said she is self funding and has paid to be an ambassador for the charity.
I think it's a lovely thing to do, I do think she is very genuine. Have to agree though, the title of the video made me think she was leaving for a lot longer than a week.
I wish her every success in raising awareness though x

Reactions: 7
I admire SJ. The last video was a little bit dramatic but she is just an emotional person. I love the fact she is completely self funding this trip and using her platform for a positive purpose. It's so refreshing after watching other greedy insta mums just churn out ad after ad solely to make money. I'm over the baby name videos but love her other content.

Reactions: 10
I really like her too.

I mean she is another rich white middle class instagrammer but yes she seems really nice.

To the earlier poster that wrote about her having two boys first- yes she has done videos about this and how she really wanted a girl for her third.

Me neither. She seems to really over share her children, even filming the youngest one’s birth live. She also comes across as spaced out on something. Imo.

I don’t follow her, never have an not sure I will. I follow at least one of her CM minions. I find minions sound more realistic than friends. Though I don’t follow I have seen her pop up in a few recent vlogs. Her vlogs have then appeared in my ‘you may like to watch’ list. What is it with baby names? Can someone really post too many videos on baby names? What happened to a) looking up names in a book & b) using your own mind to think of a name? Very weird and very sad. How she makes money from this is beyond me but hey ho.

I really like SJ. I don’t watch her baby name content because well I’m not pregnant and have no desire to sit listening to names, but Love when she does her gentle parenting videos, and am enjoying her “thrift” series. Have had some nice conversations with her on insta about parenting, she’s very emotionally intelligent, and seems like she genuinely loves what she does and enjoys connecting with her viewers. I don’t get the same feelings about Lucy Carter or Emily Norris for example who are more about creating a brand rather than sharing themselves if you know what I mean.

However something that is bugging the life out of me with SJ and a few others at the moment is this whole thrift thing!!! What the hell is a thrift shop 🤷‍♀️🤪🙈😂 why are youtubers not calling them charity shops? Am I missing something here? We are not American and I personally have never heard anyone in RL say “I’m just going to drop these bags off at the thrift shop” lol. Apart from that she’s probably my favourite- nice to see something different to primark and B&M hauls

Reactions: 7
I really like SJ. I don’t watch her baby name content because well I’m not pregnant and have no desire to sit listening to names, but Love when she does her gentle parenting videos, and am enjoying her “thrift” series. Have had some nice conversations with her on insta about parenting, she’s very emotionally intelligent, and seems like she genuinely loves what she does and enjoys connecting with her viewers. I don’t get the same feelings about Lucy Carter or Emily Norris for example who are more about creating a brand rather than sharing themselves if you know what I mean.

However something that is bugging the life out of me with SJ and a few others at the moment is this whole thrift thing!!! What the hell is a thrift shop 🤷‍♀️🤪🙈😂 why are youtubers not calling them charity shops? Am I missing something here? We are not American and I personally have never heard anyone in RL say “I’m just going to drop these bags off at the thrift shop” lol. Apart from that she’s probably my favourite- nice to see something different to primark and B&M hauls
I'm guessing because they want followers from America, so use terminology that Americans recognise. Sounds silly, but I don't think they care much. 🤷🏻‍♀️

When they put “mum/mom” in their titles - I think the Americans can guess what a “mum” is! 🙄

When they put “mum/mom” in their titles - I think the Americans can guess what a “mum” is! 🙄
If an American is searching for parenting content, they are going to use the term "mom" or "mother." That's why they put both in the title. :)

I'm guessing they also call it thrifting/thrift shopping because there is an actual movement/style out there called thrift store chic. I hope this helps.