Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
K

keeprowing

The thing I like about SJ is that in her last Q&A video (or it might’ve been an assumptions) she was talking about fitting in her work but then said “you can hardly call making a few videos ‘work’ but you know what I mean” ?

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Heartbreaking to read that her sister passed away, I feel for SJ and her family but specially for her little girls💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Yellow1c

I absolutely love her. She is 100% my favourite YouTuber. Weirdly, even although I'm not naming a baby, I love her baby name videos and really enjoy how much effort she puts into them. She also seems to avoid doing many adverts which I really appreciate (take note, Mrs Meldrum). Genuine, down to earth mummy I think :)

• Heart

Sheepie

I admire SJ. The last video was a little bit dramatic but she is just an emotional person. I love the fact she is completely self funding this trip and using her platform for a positive purpose. It's so refreshing after watching other greedy insta mums just churn out ad after ad solely to make money. I'm over the baby name videos but love her other content.

Everly

Her husband looks a fair bit like mine (my husband is Danish but grew up in England from age 5). Freaked out when I saw the couples Q&A thumbnail initially. Thought Mr Everly had a double life ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t stop thinking about her and her sister
I know. It’s incredibly hard. Everyone will have different views of this but, personally, I think they are providing a huge amount of education and normalisation regarding cancer and death. Two really hard topics that are often historically been hidden away and not discussed. I wish them both and their families the very best

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Milmum

I really like SJ. I don’t watch her baby name content because well I’m not pregnant and have no desire to sit listening to names, but Love when she does her gentle parenting videos, and am enjoying her “thrift” series. Have had some nice conversations with her on insta about parenting, she’s very emotionally intelligent, and seems like she genuinely loves what she does and enjoys connecting with her viewers. I don’t get the same feelings about Lucy Carter or Emily Norris for example who are more about creating a brand rather than sharing themselves if you know what I mean.

However something that is bugging the life out of me with SJ and a few others at the moment is this whole thrift thing!!! What the hell is a thrift shop 🤷‍♀️🤪🙈😂 why are youtubers not calling them charity shops? Am I missing something here? We are not American and I personally have never heard anyone in RL say “I’m just going to drop these bags off at the thrift shop” lol. Apart from that she’s probably my favourite- nice to see something different to primark and B&M hauls

Reactions: 7
Not sure if families is the right place, but if it's not someone let me know and I'll try move it ☺

I've just discovered SJ and can't find a thread for her, if there is one please forgive me!

Anyway, anyone else watch her?
I found her by accident last night and have been watching her weight loss videos.
I think she comes across nice, but I'm confused as to whether I find her voice really calming, or really annoying ?

37BBL

VIP Member
She said on her video, they will be sleeping in the village outside. She also said she is self funding and has paid to be an ambassador for the charity.
I think it's a lovely thing to do, I do think she is very genuine. Have to agree though, the title of the video made me think she was leaving for a lot longer than a week.
I wish her every success in raising awareness though x

British25

Glad I found this thread, I also absolutely love her.

Agree that some of the baby name videos are a bit wild these days, I mean how many baby name themes can you do before running dry?

Really like her though, she responds to people, she's normal and she doesn't seem like she's doing this for anything other than a bit of fun and a hobby for herself (I.e. Not doing it for the fame and all the freebies like many others)

I think she will go back to work in a few years time and be straight back into a successful career.

With people like Mrs Meldrum I almost can't wait for the YouTube lifestyle to come crashing down, because then she will actually have to do some productive.

But with SJ I'm still enjoying watching her and it doesn't seem like she's even thinking about making it a long term permanent career, so I'd wish her all the best for both YouTube and her future career after it eventually ends.

Patsy63

She’s also trying desperately to be Swedish
Yes this is very annoying. I am half Swedish but the way she harps on and on about it...I had to unfollow it was driving me crazy! Sweden is great but she paints it as some sort of garden of Eden but it definitely has its downsides too.

Onthehop

VIP Member
I agree. I think she’s also trying to adopt a Swedish accent. That “we are a half Swedish family” she likes to tell us all the time. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6

PinkFigs

VIP Member
She does the most annoying ‘baby doll’ voice. Also describes every name as ‘adorable’

Vee6

VIP Member
I used to like the baby name vids, but now they have got ridiculous and repetative.

She does seem nice, and i like her parenting style and the kids are cute.

There does seem to be an insecure side to her, desperate to be liked and keeping up with the Jones. I find her quite smug about her weight loss. Sounds like she had a really good job before, would like to hear more about that.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Argghh this is a hard one for me! I think she seems sweet and mild. Very non offensive. She actually inspired me to lose 2.5 stone last summer doing cwp.. I have gained 1 and a half back! She is doing really well but still seems to be restricting herself loads. Better than me though and regaining it haha. The thing I dislike is that I don't find her very relatable. Everything is so stylish, she thinks very carefully about what shes going to say and its usually informative rather than relatable. There must be some tiger in her as she got high up in her career. Her non discipline parenting and only feeding them organic rice cakes again etc seems abit unrelatable to me but maybe thats more me being a crap parent haha. Overall I like her but she is a bit blah. A bit like Katie Ellison.

Happyparrot

I know. It’s incredibly hard. Everyone will have different views of this but, personally, I think they are providing a huge amount of education and normalisation regarding cancer and death. Two really hard topics that are often historically been hidden away and not discussed. I wish them both and their families the very best
I agree - I see how SJ is utterly heartbroken. She and Naomi feel that raising awareness and leaving a legacy is something positive that can come out of such a terrible situation. I wish them all the very best, especially Naomi’s little daughters 💔

Reactions: 5