Siobhan O'Hagan #21 A gazillion steps around her flat, Christ Siobhan you're such a prat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When it comes to fat loss, so many people think they need to completely overhaul their life.

(Tl;dr: you don't.)

Scenario 1:
Let's take Kate, 39 years old, single, mother of one, works 8-4 Mon - Fri.
(completely fictional)

Kate gets up in the morning and gets her little girl packed up and drops her at her creche.

When she leaves the creche, she goes into the cafe next door and grabs an almond croissant. They're not that fresh but she is hungry and won't get a chance to eat again until 12.

Kate has been around the same size for the last two years, but recently she hasn't been feeling great and thinks that she should probably try a health kick.

Kate signs up to a 6 week transformation because she saw the amazing before and after pictures and some of the before pictures kind of looked like how she does now and she would pay anything to look like the after pictures.

So Kate looks at the meal plan and the exercise plan.

She thinks the overnight oats will be easy enough to prepare, but she isn't quite sure when she is going to cook the salmon that she is supposed to have for lunch time. Or if it will be nice when she takes it out of the lunch box in the office.

But she is determined to change. Sure didn't she pay so much money for this transformation.

The first week of gym workouts are tough but enjoyable. It's nice to get out of the house when her daughter is with her mother but she doesn't know how she will be able to do fasted cardio in the mornings.

After a week, Kate is feeling very tired, hungry and kind of bored - she said no to going out for the bottle of wine her and her friends have been doing every Saturday night for the last few years.

But then Kate steps on the scale.

6 pounds down.

What a miracle.

So worth it.

Motivation to keep going.

Then another week of hard work. She tries to get excited for the lunch that she has had every day for the last 8 days.

Her energy is low and when she gets home from work tonight, she would love to sit on the couch. Maybe she does.

At the weekend, she has a croissant after she dropped her child to the creche. She feels terrible for breaking the plan.

She stands on the scale. Only 2 pounds down this week.

What did she do wrong?

That feckin croissant.

She can't check in with the 'coach' now. She messed up the plan.

Kate reverts back to her previous way of life, but actually takes the full week off training and gets a pizza as well as wine the following weekend.

9 pounds up on the scales.

Repeat back to the start.

Scenario 2:
Kate changes absolutely nothing in her life but replaces her morning almond croissant with a protein shake and a piece of fruit.

Kate has created a very slight calorie deficit.

Her life looks pretty much the same. She keeps up this up for months and soon realises that her clothes are a little looser.

Weird. She didn't even feel like she tried to lose weight - which she tells the girls over their weekly bottle of wine.

Conclusion. Fat loss doesn't need to be difficult.
Try focus on changing one habit into a healthier habit.

If you need help - we will be opening spaces today for the Oh Fitness Furnace. Click here to find out more about how it all works and to secure your place.

If you have any questions before signing up - feel free to reply to this email!

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Always taking the easy way" O'Hagan
Thank you! She’s a jokeeeee

Reactions: 4
When it comes to fat loss, so many people think they need to completely overhaul their life.

Scenario 1:
(completely fictional)

Kate gets up in the morning and gets her little girl packed up and drops her at her creche.

When she leaves the creche, she goes into the cafe next door and grabs an almond croissant. They're not that fresh but she is hungry and won't get a chance to eat again until 12.

Kate has been around the same size for the last two years, but recently she hasn't been feeling great and thinks that she should probably try a health kick.

Kate signs up to a 6 week transformation because she saw the amazing before and after pictures and some of the before pictures kind of looked like how she does now and she would pay anything to look like the after pictures.

She thinks the overnight oats will be easy enough to prepare, but she isn't quite sure when she is going to cook the salmon that she is supposed to have for lunch time. Or if it will be nice when she takes it out of the lunch box in the office.

But she is determined to change. Sure didn't she pay so much money for this transformation.

The first week of gym workouts are tough but enjoyable. It's nice to get out of the house when her daughter is with her mother but she doesn't know how she will be able to do fasted cardio in the mornings.

After a week, Kate is feeling very tired, hungry and kind of bored - she said no to going out for the bottle of wine her and her friends have been doing every Saturday night for the last few years.

6 pounds down.

What a miracle.

So worth it.

Then another week of hard work. She tries to get excited for the lunch that she has had every day for the last 8 days.

Her energy is low and when she gets home from work tonight, she would love to sit on the couch. Maybe she does.

At the weekend, she has a croissant after she dropped her child to the creche. She feels terrible for breaking the plan.

What did she do wrong?

That feckin croissant.

Kate reverts back to her previous way of life, but actually takes the full week off training and gets a pizza as well as wine the following weekend.

Scenario 2:
Kate changes absolutely nothing in her life but replaces her morning almond croissant with a protein shake and a piece of fruit.

Her life looks pretty much the same. She keeps up this up for months and soon realises that her clothes are a little looser.

Weird. She didn't even feel like she tried to lose weight - which she tells the girls over their weekly bottle of wine.

If you need help - we will be opening spaces today for the Oh Fitness Furnace. Click here to find out more about how it all works and to secure your place.

Thanks for reading,

Condescending bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh my

So an M&S almond croissant is maybe 400 calories - vs a protein shake and a piece of fruit at maybe 200 calories. A 200 calorie deficit 5 days per week - 1000 calories over the week. In 10 weeks, you would lose 3 pounds (10000/3500) maybe.

But loads of other variables - like maybe that almond croissant is a really nice pick me up in the morning and keeps Kate on track the rest of the day vs a protein shake and fruit, which isn't the most pleasurable way to start the day, and may leave her reaching for a large bag of M&Ms in the evening or whatever. But sure, once she can keep having the bottle of wine at the weekend, that's the main thing!

Also, would SOH ever consider modelling that behavior herself and others may actually buy into it? It comes across pretty hypocritical to be advising kate to skip the croissant when she is going all in on the cookies and pastries herself. Does she not feel like making a "small" change herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh my

So an M&S almond croissant is maybe 400 calories - vs a protein shake and a piece of fruit at maybe 200 calories. A 200 calorie deficit 5 days per week - 1000 calories over the week. In 10 weeks, you would lose 3 pounds (10000/3500) maybe.

But loads of other variables - like maybe that almond croissant is a really nice pick me up in the morning and keeps Kate on track the rest of the day vs a protein shake and fruit, which isn't the most pleasurable way to start the day, and may leave her reaching for a large bag of M&Ms in the evening or whatever. But sure, once she can keep having the bottle of wine at the weekend, that's the main thing!

Also, would SOH ever consider modelling that behavior herself and others may actually buy into it? It comes across pretty hypocritical to be advising kate to skip the croissant when she is going all in on the cookies and pastries herself. Does she not feel like making a "small" change herself?
yes!! I think it’s easy to forget that it’s a lot easier to keep weight off than to lose it too. With Siobhan (she says she’s between 75 and 80kg) her maintenance with a normal activity level would be at least 2600, could probably push it to 3200 with her level of training. If she undereats that 2-3 times a week by 4-500, she could buy herself an extra 1500 to have at the weekend. She’s also tall and broad which really helps (ive a very similar body shape to her in terms of height + shoulders etc). A 5’3 woman who’s older and can only manage 3 30 min sessions a week would never be able to do as she does

Reactions: 11
So Kate works Monday to Friday and then:

“At the weekend, she has a croissant after she dropped her child to the creche. She feels terrible for breaking the plan.”

Does Siobhan think crèches operate 7 days a week and that parents drop their kids at the weekend to what, go on the lash?

I think she’s identified correctly that many of her followers are likely hitting the peak child-having stage. Unfortunately for her, I can’t think of anyone I’d be less likely to turn to for pre or postpartum training. She absolutely drips disdain for anyone who has a child because, of course, they’re caving to societal pressures. Not to mention that the behavior she models is completely incompatible with life for a lot of working parents. Just get 20,000 steps in, oh sure, and when will I do that exactly? I mean of course you can train and work and parent, but the endless eating and spending 2 hours walking it off each day. are not generally compatible with family life.

This made me laugh too https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...ible-diet-confused-by-bad-skin-20211013213114

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
yes!! I think it’s easy to forget that it’s a lot easier to keep weight off than to lose it too. With Siobhan (she says she’s between 75 and 80kg) her maintenance with a normal activity level would be at least 2600, could probably push it to 3200 with her level of training. If she undereats that 2-3 times a week by 4-500, she could buy herself an extra 1500 to have at the weekend. She’s also tall and broad which really helps (ive a very similar body shape to her in terms of height + shoulders etc). A 5’3 woman who’s older and can only manage 3 30 min sessions a week would never be able to do as she does
Totally agree - I think a lot of insta PTs have forgotten it's harder to lose weight than maintain or lose a couple of pounds (or in some cases never had to)!

You will get all these "don't listen to a trainer who tells you to eat 1200 cals" posts by SOH et al because someone of her height and weight and body comp and lifestyle can lose weight on 2000 cals easily and thinks it's the same for everyone, but as you say a 5 foot female with a sedentary office job, may need to eat 1400-1500 cals to lose a pound a week for example. The "my size fits all" approach is mind boggling.

Does she really think that email will get people rushing for the furnace? :rolleyes:
And as for the condescending "Kate the clueless 9-5er (sorry, 8-4-er) gets sucked in by online "body transformation" marketing as unlike me she doesn't have a maths degree so can't count calories" vibe off it.

Reactions: 17
She is so busy living differently - if that means thinking the world has shrunk to only including Bali, Portugal London and Ireland, if that means drinking too much, if that means eating mainly pizza and constantly having trouble finding vegetables, if that means having filthy hair - that she has finally lost any grip on reality that she ever had.
Although I wonder did she ever have a grip on reality

Reactions: 14

Scenario 1:
(completely fictional)

6 pounds down.

What a miracle.

So worth it.

What did she do wrong?

That feckin croissant.

Scenario 2:

Thanks for reading,

Jesus Christ 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Yesterday it was Karen today it's Kate.

duck me sideways, someone who has no concept of kids/ creche and blantly disregards both!! Includes them in her email!!!! What!?!?

Yesterday it was Karen today it's Kate.

duck me sideways, someone who has no concept of kids/ creche and blantly disregards both!! Includes them in her email!!!! What!?!?
I don’t even know if I can bring myself to comment on this thread anymore, that was so dim. 🤦🏻‍♀️ As someone mentioned, so many variables left out. Maybe the almond croissant spikes her blood glucose levels? Maybe gluten causes her low energy, fueling her to eat more during the day...

So Kate’s whole plan derailed because she ate a single croissant? No Siobs that’s mentality, Kate has an all or nothing approach and needs to educate herself about nutrition, diet, and the psychology behind her eating habits. As do you before you charge another person for your service.

I’ve never took the time to go through her plan and genuine question can her business actually be considered a scam?

Reactions: 12
More spaces for the furnace available! I don't know anyone else who does a model like this- online I've only seen unlimited spaces. Whereas in person PT is limited.

More spaces for the furnace available! I don't know anyone else who does a model like this- online I've only seen unlimited spaces. Whereas in person PT is limited.
If she is making sure each client has dedicated time then having limited spaces is probably the right option and she's doing more than most online PT's who will just give you a genric plan and barely checkin, that being said between October to December are the worst months for gym's so her income might be taking a hit.

Reactions: 1
If she is making sure each client has dedicated time then having limited spaces is probably the right option and she's doing more than most online PT's who will just give you a genric plan and barely checkin, that being said between October to December are the worst months for gym's so her income might be taking a hit.
Hers is a generic plan though lol.

Reactions: 10
Clearly SOH does not know the cost of a place in creche - with the costs at the level of a second mortgage.
Does she think Kate will pay 80e pm for the luxury of having SOH as an imaginary friend?

Perhaps should do a search for what type of villa you can get in Bali for the monthly cost of a creche place in Ireland/UK.
I'll send that to her, then she might be able to comprehend that her made up scenario is so detached from reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's also unlikely that kate the 39 year old single mother has been getting out with friends on a Saturday night for a bottle of wine with YEARS. She's a condescending piece of work. The life she mocks is most likely the one she wants or at least some version of it.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.