Siobh.OHagan #9 Won't cook, underlines books, dances like a constipated rook.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Over the last six years I’ve dealt with that same person, and others, setting up fake accounts and constantly nit-picking my content and me."

DeLuDeD

"As an “iNflUenCEr”, there seems to be a view that you have to take criticism from anyone that decides to view and comment on your stuff. “YoU puT YoURsELf oUT theRE”. But if you are in any way defensive in your reply, you will get torn down even more."

'Defensive'??? She's the QUEEN of passive agressive snarky replies?!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
WTAF!!!!

Try read a line that doesn't contradict her actions over the past 12 hours.

Pot kettle black.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
" But people on the internet are rarely rational, or considerate of the other person’s perspective. "

I think you nailed it there SOH, you demonstrated that so exquisitely yesterday evening

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I remember when I first got trolled back in 2015. I was working as a personal trainer and I had already built up a bit of a following and was receiving praise for all the helpful content I was sharing.

I remember sitting in the car late at night after work - you know when you’re too exhausted to actually get out of the car and go inside?!

Anyway, it’s the first time I got a loaded question on Facebook. It was passive aggressive - started with a lovely comment but had a mean undertone.

I didn’t know what to say! The account seemed fake, which I thought was strange.

Over the last six years I’ve dealt with that same person, and others, setting up fake accounts and constantly nit-picking my content and me.

It’s actually crazy how well they know me because they are able to quote something I said in 2016 if it doesn’t line up with something I say now (see my previous email about it’s ok to be wrong).

So how do I deal with it?

I take different approaches depending on the mood I’m in.

Usually I will just block the account, even if it is seems like a genuine criticism, because it’s coming from a fake account that has just been set up (because I’ve blocked all their previous accounts).

Sometimes I just ‘restrict’ an account which means they can keep commenting but nobody can see it except themselves. That’s a fun one because they keep commenting, thinking they’re offending me but I’m oblivious. Plus it stops them setting up another fake account straight away.

Sometimes I just ignore the comments from the fake accounts but they usually gather steam because they talk about me on another forum, and tell each other to go support the comment. I especially like to block people who don’t follow me but go into my comments just to like negative ones.

Of course you might read that and think I just “block out the haters” and the first sight of criticism. But I’m more than willing to be wrong about something (again, see previous email). I am open to having a rational conversation with somebody about something I may have said wrong. Only if it is coming from a genuine account.

But people on the internet are rarely rational, or considerate of the other person’s perspective.

I’ve often seen content posted that is slightly wrong and I flex my fingers getting ready to correct that person. Then I stop. Would this person appreciate my advice? Is the best way to deliver information, which may be helpful, in the comment section? Should I message them? Am I just trying to show off that I know more than them? Would I say it to their face? Am I missing some facts or just looking at it from my perspective? Would both our days be better if I scrolled on by?

As an “iNflUenCEr”, there seems to be a view that you have to take criticism from anyone that decides to view and comment on your stuff. “YoU puT YoURsELf oUT theRE”. But if you are in any way defensive in your reply, you will get torn down even more.

I’m a strong willed person and to be honest I do try and be a bit too nice online, compared to what I’m actually like! It’s almost like being a politician when you get a blue tick - you’re not allowed make mistakes or you’ll be thrown to the wolves/forums.

I know this email will be dissected in the forums later (hi ☺) so I just wanted to show what it’s like sharing content online. You have to be thick-skinned, calm and rational.

Luckily I am all of the above, most of the time, but I’ve had some very dark lonely days where you feel like the whole world hates you. I would hate to think the effect this trolling has on others who aren’t so stable right now.

And there is no escaping it. Imagine the person that you follow online that you think is amazing - there is somebody giving them abuse online.

What is the solution? I wish I knew. I think Instagram could do better at preventing anonymous accounts from being set up. I’ve checked the emails of all the accounts I’ve blocked and they’re all fake emails too (imagine having the time!).

In the mean time, I do my best to consider the other person (that I would deem a troll)’s perspective. They could be feeling low and lashing out. They mustn’t be happy with their own lives if they spend so much time criticising others. And I know that sounds patronising but that’s just me rationalising it. I presume they want me to stop posting or cancel my account but that’s never going to happen.

Then I always “send them love and kindness” in my meditations, which will do absolutely nothing to prevent their behaviour but it helps me feel more content about it.

And we have to protect our own mental health.

Thank you for reading.
Her signature 🙄 Siobhan “you don’t have to follow me” O’Hagan

Should be Siobhan “you don’t have to follow me but please play my you tube videos in the background” O’Hagan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve checked the emails of all the accounts I’ve blocked and they’re all fake emails too (imagine having the time)

Yes, imagine having the time🤔😅.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She doesn’t read here 🤥 🤥 🤥

I'm calling it now; the email will be a why she responded the way she did to nice commentor and that each day they receive DMs and comments so hard to tell wood from the trees type vibes, pity story about sinead and defending her friend.

Also.....if she put as much energy into oh furness as she does into responding to comments she could have a successful business. Imagine spending that much time and negative energy responding so passive agressively to comments. Like those comments are long, that tit take time to write, 500 LC points or not!
Come on up and get your prize!! 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That email is such a waste of time. Again, highlighting how lazy she is that even when she knows she’s made a mistake on social media she couldn’t even muster a proper reply. Load of nonsense.

Reactions: 12
She doesn’t read here 🤥 🤥 🤥

Come on up and get your prize!! 🥳
I've worked it out.

SOH does not read tattle, but knows everything thats going on. :unsure:
Lets not forget that SOH is best friend with Leaky Leo V - after that 1 occasion when they exercised at same flyefit, they totally connected there and then, during the best summer of her life in Ireland
He then joined the furnace daily marketing email list, as well did all of his Dail colleagues as they just could not believe how wonderful it sounded.
Leaky Leo is feeding back information to SOH.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why does she think the troll is one person?! She’s a bleeping melter. Maybe it’s H from line of duty 🥸

Or maybe the troll is something you’ve created in your mind from your unconscious state of constant passive aggressiveness?!? I’ve seen people who hate the world but duck me this one really takes the biscuit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She’s well blocked by now if she hasn’t unfollowed 😂 I enjoyed her comments though, well done Louise if you see this
Well blocked but only after Siobhan got the last word in I imagine. And then she says all the accounts she blocked are fake accounts when Louise's clearly isn't?! Such a sad excuse of a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've worked it out.

SOH does not read tattle, but knows everything thats going on. :unsure:
Lets not forget that SOH is best friend with Leaky Leo V - after that 1 occasion when they exercised at same flyefit, they totally connected there and then, during the best summer of her life in Ireland
He then joined the furnace daily marketing email list, as well did all of his Dail colleagues as they just could not believe how wonderful it sounded.
Leaky Leo is feeding back information to SOH.
But leaky Leo is a man and we know that men cannot join the furnace 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve checked the emails of all the accounts I’ve blocked and they’re all fake emails too (imagine having the time)

Yes, imagine having the time🤔😅.
I’m blocked for liking a “neggy” comment and my account is genuine, albeit private and my email address is not fake!! Sure you checked all of them Shiv!! — Hi by the way 👋👋

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Very same just happened me over night, Sinead blocked me also. I can only assume it's because I liked the comments made very politely and genuinely by that lady who raised the point that a lot of this material should be taken lightly as it's not evidence based. I only have one account and it's a genuine one with genuine followers so I'm most definitely not what you'd call a troll. A very dangerous trend to see, people getting blocked for supporting an alternative view, especially when that view is respectfully made and worded with care and manners.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Siobhan if you’re as superior as you act then why read forums where people like us (fiction readers and Netflix watchers) come to rant?
Take your own advice and spend your time better. For example you could cook a healthy meal, brush your hair, spend some time fixing your relationship with food and exercise, genuinely working on your business or simply going outside and touching the grass ☺
You delusional woman x

Reactions: 31
Siobhan if you’re as superior as you act then why read forums where people like us (fiction readers and Netflix watchers) come to rant?
Take your own advice and spend your time better. For example you could cook a healthy meal, brush your hair, spend some time fixing your relationship with food and exercise, genuinely working on your business or simply going outside and touching the grass ☺
You delusional woman x
You read fiction and watch netflix?
Peasant.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
What stuns me to my core is that she can’t see that she created this entire situation herself. Incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh my god, only catching up on all of this.

It's the pointing out that Sinead has no degree for me.. what's the saying, Don't fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you?

Siobhan has a very problematic superiority complex, that's for sure. You always see that in people who had potential, but didn't use it correctly.

My god, the lies she tells herself are astounding.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.