Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So why show us? šŸ¤·šŸ»
She's prob hoping some creeps sexualize these so she can feel attractive. Then she can complain how hard it is to be sexualized constantly, even though creeps will creep on anything and these are the FARTHEST thing from sexy šŸ¤¢.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
So Plumbella has new merch with stranger things all over it. Wouldnā€™t she get in trouble for that?? Honestly I dunno how that stuff works
I donā€™t know if youā€™ve seen the Bridgerton musical drama going on but it seems like Netflix isnā€™t really bothered about smaller creators using their IP for inspiration unless theyā€™re pulling in loads of profit or directly copying stuff. I imagine if they did have an issue with it they would just ask her to stop as it probably wouldnā€™t be worth their time to pursue it any further than that

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve seen the Bridgerton musical drama going on but it seems like Netflix isnā€™t really bothered about smaller creators using their IP for inspiration unless theyā€™re pulling in loads of profit or directly copying stuff. I imagine if they did have an issue with it they would just ask her to stop as it probably wouldnā€™t be worth their time to pursue it any further than that
also I hate that IP thing that comes up, Iā€™m talking about intellectual property šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So Plumbella has new merch with stranger things all over it. Wouldnā€™t she get in trouble for that?? Honestly I dunno how that stuff works
Okay I'm losing it, WHERE MERCH, WHERE ? Nothing on Youtube, nothing on Instagram and nothing on her merch website except for "bleep for lore" sweats

So fun facts about Intellectual property law (shameless brag, I work in clearances for TV and Film)

See how it says "Stranger Things Inspired" with the key word being inspired. So you can use a brand or copyrighted logo (or stolen art) change it by 20% including 3 featured assets (make it bigger, different colour, maybe it had a dog and you make it a cat) and sell it as your own no issues! Its considered inspired art and is legal in copyright law in basically every country. Nothing in that merch store is a direct copy of any Stranger Things copyright, it's all fan art or inspired art. Other then Munson not signing a clearance, he's the only one that would have a chance of suing.

she's basically bored af with the sims and her "career" and that she now uses the game to build her real life fantasies (having a huge modern house). I totally agree and this is just another video that confirms it. She always says in her vlogs that she wished she had unlimited budget for her house.
I would pay good money, and I mean real good money.. to watch Deli in a real job. Even just for one day. Wouldn't have to be anything crazy, I'm talking the "Simple Life with Paris Hilton" kinda style. Someone put her in a van and make her work at bunnings or like a supermarket for a day. @Deli take notes this is how you vlog !!!

Yā€™all, I had to create an account specifically for this thread that I have been obsessively reading for weeks now after searching ā€œdeligracy annoying.ā€

Slightly ashamed for posting here because threads like this are precisely why I would never want to be an influencer, but also omg is Deligracy annoying, as well as some of the other youtubers yā€™all have posted about.

What Iā€™m not understanding is the lovefest for James here, though. While I do think James has an interesting approach to the Sims, I find him so irritating to listen to I wish there was a transcript or something I could read, instead. At one point I had to fully stop watching him because of all of the mouth noises he makes (something between a spit and a scoff at the end of 75% of his sentencesā€¦to denote that what he just said was supposed to be wry, I guess?) Now I am watching him again and it seems like heā€™s stealing Dr. Gluonā€™s bits. So, yeah. They are basically a perfect couple.

In other words, Sims Youtubers are like Seinfeld. I keep watching even though they are all horrible people I canā€™t relate to at all yet somehow that is entertaining to me.
Firstly - Welcome! Casual poster here but I defiantly shamelessly read every post to keep up to date in deli drama.

I too am not a massive fan of James, but i think when you're comparing him next to Deli its like if you put a hot chocolate and a cup of dirt water next to each other, they're both liquids but I'd only want to drink one of them. šŸ˜¬

Sim youtubers have really painted themselves into a corner, I recently watched a CallMeKevin Sim video, where he basically plays the game (sometimes to annoying levels) completely wrong but yet still gaining 500k+ more views then any other full time sim youtuber.

I couldn't imagine basing my income on an already volatile income stream souly on the release schedule of one gaming company...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Sim youtubers have really painted themselves into a corner, I recently watched a CallMeKevin Sim video, where he basically plays the game (sometimes to annoying levels) completely wrong but yet still gaining 500k+ more views then any other full time sim youtuber.
I think my favourite right now is Ambiguous Amphibian, who plays a wide variety of games, but has recently done some very strange, very "existential dread" sort of videos on Sims 1 or 2, entirely unlike anything else I've seen. Very entertaining though.

Reactions: 2
So fun facts about Intellectual property law (shameless brag, I work in clearances for TV and Film)

See how it says "Stranger Things Inspired" with the key word being inspired. So you can use a brand or copyrighted logo (or stolen art) change it by 20% including 3 featured assets (make it bigger, different colour, maybe it had a dog and you make it a cat) and sell it as your own no issues! Its considered inspired art and is legal in copyright law in basically every country. Nothing in that merch store is a direct copy of any Stranger Things copyright, it's all fan art or inspired art. Other then Munson not signing a clearance, he's the only one that would have a chance of suing.

I would pay good money, and I mean real good money.. to watch Deli in a real job. Even just for one day. Wouldn't have to be anything crazy, I'm talking the "Simple Life with Paris Hilton" kinda style. Someone put her in a van and make her work at bunnings or like a supermarket for a day. @Deli take notes this is how you vlog !!!

Firstly - Welcome! Casual poster here but I defiantly shamelessly read every post to keep up to date in deli drama.

I too am not a massive fan of James, but i think when you're comparing him next to Deli its like if you put a hot chocolate and a cup of dirt water next to each other, they're both liquids but I'd only want to drink one of them. šŸ˜¬

I couldn't imagine basing my income on an already volatile income stream souly on the release schedule of one gaming company...
Thatā€™s interesting, thanks

I think my favourite right now is Ambiguous Amphibian, who plays a wide variety of games, but has recently done some very strange, very "existential dread" sort of videos on Sims 1 or 2, entirely unlike anything else I've seen. Very entertaining though.
I love callmekevin, and Iv just got into ambiguous amphibian too, I think their videos are so good and different because of the humour and how they dont take themselves seriously. I watch Kevins videos about games I dont even like just because of how funny his videos are. I love seeing how successful his videos are, he really deserves it.

Reactions: 3
just watched the second episode of Deli's hsy let's play and i know shes only going to last a few parts, it is all moving so quickly. like it's been two parts and already the secret crush of the popular girl is now her being confronted by her bf for cheating and the new girl (in an absolute copy of mean girls pink dress) has already 'changed' and is now bitchy and wanting to be popular and flirting with different guys. . .

I had to stop for a minute and take a deep breath bc this is bleeping HILARIOUS.... Jesus christ. I might die. This is the funniest thing I've read today. Thank you šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Haha
why are deligracys storylines and characters so effin predictable šŸ¤£ popular teen girl that lives in a mansion with a bitchy/judgy mum who likes to look put together with a well paid husband vs the intelligent teen girl in town whoā€™s less well-off and has a single parent and not as many clothes/isnā€™t as fashionable. and iā€™m sure you can guess whoā€™s the nice girl vs the sneaky one of the 2 šŸ„±šŸ„±šŸ„±šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“

Reactions: 4
I know I made a similar post about deli but plumbella just posted an unpopular opinions yet again and she has made 6 of them and three of them were all last year. I am begging for some more original content instead of constantly rehashing the same ideas, especially when unpopular opinions are probably not unpopular and definitely overdone. Also I am all for people being themselves and not hiding there personality but her intros always just make me feel like I need to breathe with how fast she goes.

I looked at Jesse's ST merch and idk, its just like basic ass memes on a t-shirt. I would also hope she designed / paid for the design of those memes and didn't just rip them from the internet. Suuurely

And re: James being talked up a lot in this chat. I agree he's a hot choc v a worm water but I will say I only like him when he's playing live, if that makes sense? I can't watch him narrate over a prerecorded speed build because he too can sound really rambly and incoherent and dumb. I wish he'd at least try and script those, or practise what he's going to say. I think he's great when he is talking while playing - narrating what he's doing, reacting, making off-the-cuff remarks. But yeah I'm not a 100% fan

And ya call me Kevin is endlessly engaging to me. Ambigious amphibian slaps too, he's really created a unique style n voice

I wanted to edit my comment but it's too late, sorry about that.

I tried watching Deli's second episode. I had to stop at 12 min after she did this cringe pretend conversation between Aurora and her "crush". This is so cringe.... I'm actually embarrassed for her, it's so bad. How can you be 30 years old and do that kind of content ? I get wanting to start with a storyline and pretend personalities for your sims, but the conversations she does ??? šŸ’€

And the people praising her and the LP in the comments šŸ’€ Please god tell me they're all young teens šŸ’€

• Haha
Plumbella's merch is shite. The he died for our sins one is like something you'd see on tumblr 10 years ago. And what's the point in spoiler imaging it? You're buggered if you see someone wearing it in real life I guess.

• Heart
I can't watch him narrate over a prerecorded speed build because he too can sound really rambly and incoherent and dumb.
I really don't have that impression of James so it's interesting to see how we all perceive people differently. I actually like watching his videos because he's the only one who approaches each pack analytically and not like a dumb child who cannot figure out how to "study for exam".
I have to say, though, the Deli/Bowser talk he picked up from Deli is making him look dumb ("ummz, me thinks" etc.)

Reactions: 9
I know I made a similar post about deli but plumbella just posted an unpopular opinions yet again and she has made 6 of them and three of them were all last year. I am begging for some more original content instead of constantly rehashing the same ideas, especially when unpopular opinions are probably not unpopular and definitely overdone. Also I am all for people being themselves and not hiding there personality but her intros always just make me feel like I need to breathe with how fast she goes.
Plus half the time the unpopular opinions are very rarely unpopular. They are just topics the sims community like to argue about lol.

why are deligracys storylines and characters so effin predictable šŸ¤£
Because she has 0 life experience so can't make up stories. It's blatantly obvious in her vlog videos.

I feel like you kinda need to either have life experience or a really good imagination to write interesting stories. She never leaves the house!? she just sits in her eco chamber and doesn't talk to anyone so can't come up with normal dialogue.

Her source of "inspiration" is usually TV or movies, which are predictable - ipso facto her stories are predictable. Don't get me wrong, I love some bad tv or a crappy Kissing Booth / Clueless level teen drama on a rainy day but do we really need to see the entire plot of a now 18yr old film acted out in Sim characters?

Has anyone seen anyone mention it? possible her audience is too young to know

• Heart
I really don't have that impression of James so it's interesting to see how we all perceive people differently. I actually like watching his videos because he's the only one who approaches each pack analytically and not like a dumb child who cannot figure out how to "study for exam".
I have to say, though, the Deli/Bowser talk he picked up from Deli is making him look dumb ("ummz, me thinks" etc.)
Donā€™t forget ā€œnooorrrā€.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.