Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Y’all, I had to create an account specifically for this thread that I have been obsessively reading for weeks now after searching “deligracy annoying.”

Slightly ashamed for posting here because threads like this are precisely why I would never want to be an influencer, but also omg is Deligracy annoying, as well as some of the other youtubers y’all have posted about.

What I’m not understanding is the lovefest for James here, though. While I do think James has an interesting approach to the Sims, I find him so irritating to listen to I wish there was a transcript or something I could read, instead. At one point I had to fully stop watching him because of all of the mouth noises he makes (something between a spit and a scoff at the end of 75% of his sentences…to denote that what he just said was supposed to be wry, I guess?) Now I am watching him again and it seems like he’s stealing Dr. Gluon’s bits. So, yeah. They are basically a perfect couple.

In other words, Sims Youtubers are like Seinfeld. I keep watching even though they are all horrible people I can’t relate to at all yet somehow that is entertaining to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
About Deli's vlog

She bought a kind of worm house for composting, I don't know that kind of worm house, but it seems like a huge waste of space putting it in her 600$ gardening box (it takes 1/4 of the box). She's also gonna fill that thing up in a week, with all the veggies she eats. Why didn't she buy an actual worm house (like a tower) ? Or even a normal composter where she could have added worms to ?

But my main issue is about her not researching anything : she says "I don't know if I should put the food waste on top or them or...", she didn't research anything, 100% she's gonna duck it up and come back in a few weeks and be like "oops I don't understand there are no worms left". Worms need a 50/50 amount of food waste and dry stuff, and you can't put all your food waste in there right away because when you get them they're babies and they're not strong enough to eat all that food, so if you mess up you're gonna end up with a lot of dead worms and/or your number of worms not expanding. You also can't put all of your food waste in there because they're specific worms who can't eat acidic things... Welp, 5 seconds later and I see her huge box of waste with onion peels, lemons and oranges (worms can't eat those), she didn't bother cutting down the food waste either. You need the eggshells to be mixed and the rest of the food in tiny pieces. Man she's killing me (and the worms lol).

I know vlogs usually have a few days of "gap" but Deligracy's are posted weeks after. She's showing her new door handles but she's showed them on Instagram weeks ago. Again, she has no idea how to make things interesting. Her life is already boring but she manages to make it worse. 💀

Use the word "earthy" one more time, I dare you. 💀 It's her new word, it used to be "organic". SHE WANTED TO EARTHEN UP THE SPACE YOU GUYS (she's showing her ugly 50$ each cushions).

"Feature wall" is white just like the rest of the house..... 💀

Her to do list... But there's just not enough hours in a day..........
Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 16-28-30 Facing my fear. - YouTube.png

My god, she showed her living room like 5 times calling it "earthy" and "beautiful". She also keeps calling that BLACK wall "blue". Loooool she even ends her vlog showing the living room and dining room one more time. Does she want to become a home decorator 🤭

On a more positive note, I absolutely love her "patio" area, I would spend all my free time there. :love: Also love the kitchen "window", very grandma style but I love it.
Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 16-22-51 Facing my fear. - YouTube.png

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 16-00-21 Facing my fear. - YouTube.png

Reactions: 1
Surely the to-do list has got to be a joke?😭😭😭😭 Those are simple chores you can basically do all at once if you try hard enough?? I feel like that’s what happens once you fall out of a real routine, I’m unemployed atm and my biggest activities of the day are grocery shopping and watching reality tv. 🤣 Having a real job is tit but it keeps you humble and grounded.

Reactions: 6
The thing is sims don't work like that the best way to tell a sims story is to let things happen and come up with a storyline on the fly something that james seems to be good at.
I'm genuinely curious why people like the "play the game and see if something happens" style of gameplay. Yes, you may get amazing videos every now and then, but not ever episode is going to be great. Why do people like this basic, low effort style? I can only watch so many episodes of the most boring, nothing happens sitcom before I check out. I just don't get the fascination. I'd much rather watch something different, where the creator isn't following the "how to make sims content" blueprint and actually puts effort and story into their gameplay. I'm not talking about what Deli does, closer to Oshin but with better stories. I've found pieces that I like but never the whole package.

In my opinion, "play and see" is boring and leads to many episodes of uninteresting garbage. Machinima is too tightly controlled and you are lead through someone else's carefully controlled story. It just feels stiff and unnatural to me. There is no room for fun or spontaneity. I have yet to find anyone who has interesting stories to create and has fun/quirky gameplay. I'm so tired of watching 100 Baby, NSB, Rags to Riches, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR F's SAKE!

Last edited:
I’m watching Deli’s high school vid and have had to pause to comment… did she actually suggest a relationship with older sim storyline? So a grooming/illegal storyline? 🧐 do what you want in your own gameplay but I wouldn’t suggest posting that on YouTube!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i think the trick is having a plan like a challenge or storyline but being flexible enough to roll with things if the sims brings something up. for example, i'm watching a decades challenge that i really like and Caleb Vatore kept showing up to the house so the obvious solution is to have an affair! then comes a vampire baby that we have to figure out what to do with, he wants to be cured, etc.

Reactions: 4
Yes, she definti
i think the trick is having a plan like a challenge or storyline but being flexible enough to roll with things if the sims brings something up. for example, i'm watching a decades challenge that i really like and Caleb Vatore kept showing up to the house so the obvious solution is to have an affair! then comes a vampire baby that we have to figure out what to do with, he wants to be cured, etc.
Yes she definitely has the storyline fixed in her head and will try and make it seem like she's going with the flow of the sims, people suggestions in the comments but in reality it's going to go exactly the way she planned it out (if she makes it to the end lol)

Edit to add: I think it's clear she has it fixed with how fast she jumps into the storyline off the bat and forces things to happen/the story to move within the first few minutes. It feels way too quick from a storytelling perspective - the viewer doesn't even really know the characters yet! (I know it's not that deep, and sims is fast moving - meet a sim, marry a sim in normal gameplay - but I think if you're making a lets play video on youtube you should think about the best way to tell a story

Deli is such a boring and bored person. I know it's been said multiple times, but it continues to astound me. She makes a vlog out of weeks and weeks of footage and it's this bland. She's not actively working on that channel at all. She just takes out the camera on her "productive days" when she does 5 things around the house, including some fiddling around in the garden, and then glues these 2 minute clips together with abrupt time shifts once in a month, until the whole video just about reaches the 20 min mark. These vlogs are just dull presentations of the stuff she bought and then the addendum of whining about the other stuff she cannot afford.

Reactions: 8
About Deli's vlog

She bought a kind of worm house for composting, I don't know that kind of worm house, but it seems like a huge waste of space putting it in her 600$ gardening box (it takes 1/4 of the box). She's also gonna fill that thing up in a week, with all the veggies she eats. Why didn't she buy an actual worm house (like a tower) ? Or even a normal composter where she could have added worms to ?

But my main issue is about her not researching anything : she says "I don't know if I should put the food waste on top or them or...", she didn't research anything, 100% she's gonna duck it up and come back in a few weeks and be like "oops I don't understand there are no worms left". Worms need a 50/50 amount of food waste and dry stuff, and you can't put all your food waste in there right away because when you get them they're babies and they're not strong enough to eat all that food, so if you mess up you're gonna end up with a lot of dead worms and/or your number of worms not expanding. You also can't put all of your food waste in there because they're specific worms who can't eat acidic things... Welp, 5 seconds later and I see her huge box of waste with onion peels, lemons and oranges (worms can't eat those), she didn't bother cutting down the food waste either. You need the eggshells to be mixed and the rest of the food in tiny pieces. Man she's killing me (and the worms lol).

I know vlogs usually have a few days of "gap" but Deligracy's are posted weeks after. She's showing her new door handles but she's showed them on Instagram weeks ago. Again, she has no idea how to make things interesting. Her life is already boring but she manages to make it worse. 💀

Use the word "earthy" one more time, I dare you. 💀 It's her new word, it used to be "organic". SHE WANTED TO EARTHEN UP THE SPACE YOU GUYS (she's showing her ugly 50$ each cushions).

"Feature wall" is white just like the rest of the house..... 💀

Her to do list... But there's just not enough hours in a day..........
View attachment 1485092

My god, she showed her living room like 5 times calling it "earthy" and "beautiful". She also keeps calling that BLACK wall "blue". Loooool she even ends her vlog showing the living room and dining room one more time. Does she want to become a home decorator 🤭

On a more positive note, I absolutely love her "patio" area, I would spend all my free time there. :love: Also love the kitchen "window", very grandma style but I love it.
View attachment 1485116
View attachment 1485117
Did you know white is such an earthy tone? 🤣 I'd love to have earthy tones in my house but this isn't it. I'd go browns, rusty reds, foresty greens!

Deli is such a boring and bored person. I know it's been said multiple times, but it continues to astound me. She makes a vlog out of weeks and weeks of footage and it's this bland. She's not actively working on that channel at all. She just takes out the camera on her "productive days" when she does 5 things around the house, including some fiddling around in the garden, and then glues these 2 minute clips together with abrupt time shifts once in a month, until the whole video just about reaches the 20 min mark. These vlogs are just dull presentations of the stuff she bought and then the addendum of whining about the other stuff she cannot afford.
Nailed it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
shes done it again 😂 she’s just building the same house over and over
Again! I haven’t seen it yet, but I bet she furnished it with a brown kitchen, a basegame rug and that plastic looking couch.
Oh, and in the kidsroom she uses that bear and nothing else to play with. Just some wild guesses.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why do all of these youtube simmers follow the laws of house flipping when building their houses? Everything neutral, nothing too garish or flashy. No personality except MAYBE in the kids’ bedrooms. It’s the mfing SIMS. Whyyyyyyyyyy?

Honestly it’s the same with apartment tours and design influencers. Neutral is not a design scheme! It’s a thing you choose when you intentionally want a backdrop for other people to imagine their own self making the space THEIR OWN!

Reactions: 7
So Plumbella has new merch with stranger things all over it. Wouldn’t she get in trouble for that?? Honestly I dunno how that stuff works

Reactions: 5
Just watched Deli's vlog. Laughed how she said the 'blue' wall was done badly. But so is her paint job. She didn't even use tape 😬😬

Also the house has no personality, it's all white and bland. 😭

So Plumbella has new merch with stranger things all over it. Wouldn’t she get in trouble for that?? Honestly I dunno how that stuff works
Not sure. Kelsey has merch with the needs panel icons on it, and I'm not sure how she's allowed to sell that either. Same with Deli's motherlode merch with cheat codes on it (though I'm not sure where coding fits in when it comes to copyrights).

Deli just posted another dream house video and I decided to search deligracy dream house and she has at least five videos about it. One of them was five years ago but the rest were 2 years ago or newer. You can just tell she’s blatantly running out of ideas if she keeps doing the same dream house video (probably furnished very similar to one another, I’m not watching to find out). You think one of the biggest sims creators sub count wise could come up with better ideas or at least try different kinds of builds? Or maybe do other things in the sims like play a challenge or anything other than luxury and drama with the same character tropes over and over again.

The new video is so cringe- Deli is like a little girl showing her dad a school project.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Deli just posted another dream house video and I decided to search deligracy dream house and she has at least five videos about it. One of them was five years ago but the rest were 2 years ago or newer. You can just tell she’s blatantly running out of ideas if she keeps doing the same dream house video (probably furnished very similar to one another, I’m not watching to find out). You think one of the biggest sims creators sub count wise could come up with better ideas or at least try different kinds of builds? Or maybe do other things in the sims like play a challenge or anything other than luxury and drama with the same character tropes over and over again.
Someone here (sorry I forgot who it was :cry:) said that she's basically bored af with the sims and her "career" and that she now uses the game to build her real life fantasies (having a huge modern house). I totally agree and this is just another video that confirms it. She always says in her vlogs that she wished she had unlimited budget for her house.

I'm watching bits here and there, she is so cringe. "I, I, I, I, Iiiiiii"... My god. You can tell she's not trying to entertain us, she's entertaining HERSELF. "oh my god it's my dream come true", "I love this", "I want that", "my taste has changed so much"

My god, the house is SO BLAND. There is no colour, no life. "I don't want a mansion", proceeds to build a huge house....

Guys, did she get food or a drink on her mouth and didn't notice when editing (green bits in the corners at 10 min) ? 💀
Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 19-06-08 I built my dream house.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.