simply_stephjoy26 #2 drowning in dog hair and debt, haven't you had that baby yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of 3 babies I only got tea and toast the first time! It was indeed the most amazing thing I've ever eaten. Second was born at 7am so they gave me cereal and suchlike, which did do the trick but not as magical. Third, they didn't allow toasters!! I'm not even sure what I had but it clearly wasn't significant enough to stick in the memory 🀣
I've never been offered it and I'm gutted. 3 babies πŸ˜‚ all born late in the evening/night. And all I've ever been offered is left over hard sandwiches from the day πŸ˜‚

The toast after with jam on is amazing and a builders cuppa. I've had 3 boys born early hours, lunchtime and mid morning and always got that. Best bit 🀣🀣

Out of 3 babies I only got tea and toast the first time! It was indeed the most amazing thing I've ever eaten. Second was born at 7am so they gave me cereal and suchlike, which did do the trick but not as magical. Third, they didn't allow toasters!! I'm not even sure what I had but it clearly wasn't significant enough to stick in the memory 🀣
Our local hospital banned toasters after one too many fire alarm incidents... on all wards except the maternity ward because women were actively choosing the other hospital trust to go to. The toasters were reinstated on the maternity ward!

Reactions: 1
I was in hospital in april for a thyroid op and toast wasn’t on the menu, only cold sliced bread 😭

I got tea and toast with my first as he was born at lunchtime. However when I say tea and toast, I got an actual teacup and saucer of tea, so that was gone in a mouthful, and one slice of toast which had been spread with some nasty sunflower spread type stuff and then left for about 15 mins so it was cold and soggy. I was starving as I'd not eaten for about 18 hours so ate it regardless πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ and then once up on the ward phoned my friends to tell them a) I'd had the baby and b) to bring me in some food later!

I was staggered by the amount of stuff she was taking in with her - I take less stuff than that going on a fortnight's holiday :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I had no idea if this is normal now as my kids are in their 20s but it seems from your replies she is, as usual, just being extra about it! - for my firstborn I basically took in a small rucksack with my stuff in (change of clothes and basic toiletries) and a few changes of clothes for the baby, nappies etc)

Reactions: 2
The pessary was so uncomfortable it made her cry 🀣 she's gonna be one of those full on screamers giving birth

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The pessary was so uncomfortable it made her cry 🀣 she's gonna be one of those full on screamers giving birth
Not gonna lie I found the pessary really uncomfortable going in and everytime they checked me I wanted to run a mile. Opted for a section after failed induction. I'd take the recovery pain over a fist in the vag ANY day! πŸ˜…

Not gonna lie I found the pessary really uncomfortable going in and everytime they checked me I wanted to run a mile. Opted for a section after failed induction. I'd take the recovery pain over a fist in the vag ANY day! πŸ˜…
Same, I was induced with my first and it wasn't pleasant so I do have some sympathy for her. A lot of the time I felt that midwives were just expecting you to know what was going on as induction is an every day thing for them but you're left there clueless really as, you know, never done it before!

Is she there by herself lol?! Literally hour by hour breakdown of her labour, no mention or picture of her creepy husband.

Why is she wearing compression socks? (Genuine question)
I didn't get given compression socks until I was on the drip because I wasn't able to get out of bed much.
Why does she need them if she's walking round the hospital

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.