Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Simon Thomas reminds me of Caron Keatings husband Russ Lindsay (I think???). He seemed to get married incredibly quickly after Caron died. I remember Gloria Hunniford (Caron's mother) hinting that he and the new wife made it hard for GH to see her grandchildren. Dreadfully sad.
Russ married a woman called Sally who was a weather girl and a long time friend of the family. When somebody does that I oftrn wonder had they had there eye on them pre- death?
Looking at wiki Caron died April 2004 and he was engaged at christmas 2005

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I have no issue at all with people moving on and loving again. I think it is desperately sad for everyone when someone dies, particularly young, but I think if you are lucky to have a second shot at love then why not. But Simon seems to have actual disdain at Gemma- almost resentment.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Simon Thomas reminds me of Caron Keatings husband Russ Lindsay (I think???). He seemed to get married incredibly quickly after Caron died. I remember Gloria Hunniford (Caron's mother) hinting that he and the new wife made it hard for GH to see her grandchildren. Dreadfully sad.
Not only did he remarry quickly, it was Caron’s best friend!

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Not only did he remarry quickly, it was Caron’s best friend!
But that isn’t uncommon. And I think it’s often shared history, grief and loss, combined with the fact that she’s likely to have similar interests and values as the late wife given they were all close.

I don’t think it necessarily means an affair. Maybe more that two grieving people found solace in each other.

Simon is still a twit who seems to want to erase Gemma though. Can’t tolerate that tit. Feel so sorry for his son.

Reactions: 14
Regular tattler here but wanted to create a new account just in case someone works out who I am...

I was at a wedding with him on Saturday (the one he posted about) - I'm friends with the bride. just a couple of points...

1 - he vaped INSIDE the church when we were waiting for the bride and he put on his aviator sunglasses on outside which was completely unneccessary (LOL!) - knob.
2 - he drinks and vapes like crazy - throughout the speeches he kept walking out?!
3 - he's hugely condescending to Derrina when she was having a fun time- who is absolutely very lovely, down-to-earth and a good fun gal
4 - his actual speaking voice is very different to how he talks on socials
5 - he was rude and stand offish
6 - and finally, he introduced himself as Simon Thomas and not Simon. who does that!?

All in all - tattlers you are absolutely spot on with him - not a pleasant guy. Derrina is lovely and very normal - he's the baddie in this.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Regular tattler here but wanted to create a new account just in case someone works out who I am...

I was at a wedding with him on Saturday (the one he posted about) - I'm friends with the bride. just a couple of points...

1 - he vaped INSIDE the church when we were waiting for the bride and he put on his aviator sunglasses on outside which was completely unneccessary (LOL!) - knob.
2 - he drinks and vapes like crazy - throughout the speeches he kept walking out?!
3 - he's hugely condescending to Derrina when she was having a fun time- who is absolutely very lovely, down-to-earth and a good fun gal
6 - and finally, he introduced himself as Simon Thomas and not Simon. who does that!?

All in all - tattlers you are absolutely spot on with him - not a pleasant guy. Derrina is lovely and very normal - he's the baddie in this.
Omg he vaped IN the church?! Wtf 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Angry
Reactions: 7

What an absolute wanker he sounds and how disrespectful to carry on like that at someone’s wedding. Am pleasantly surprised to hear his new bride is a goodun. Thanks for the tea.

Reactions: 13

This is excellent tea. Tbf she seems ok, has a career, isn't on social media all the time. He just screams insecure washed up old TV presenter

Reactions: 4

Omg 😲 what an absolute twit.
He sounds a nightmare. His poor wife. His poor first wife. Not to mention son 😢
Makes you really fear for what Gemma went through with him.

Reactions: 8
He really wants the 'best of both worlds' still be seen as a poor grieving widow but also show of his hot new wife and still exploit his son.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
But that isn’t uncommon. And I think it’s often shared history, grief and loss, combined with the fact that she’s likely to have similar interests and values as the late wife given they were all close.

I don’t think it necessarily means an affair. Maybe more that two grieving people found solace in each other.

Simon is still a twit who seems to want to erase Gemma though. Can’t tolerate that tit. Feel so sorry for his son.
I know a couple who were the husband and best friend of a lady who died during childbirth. I think there’s a bond and an understanding that not everyone would feel. I would hope that would too would mean that the new wife is more inclined to make sure the children know who their mother was and ensure they never forget her - that’s certainly the case with the couple I know.

I think the new wife is the reason Simon doesn’t mention Gemma by name. Maybe it would be more trouble than it’s worth, but I think he has really let Ethan down when he needed love and security and the space to speak about his mum any time he needed to. I really hope Gemma’s family spend a lot of time with him.

ETA - just seen your post @butfirstcoffee22 - not surprised he’s a twit in real life but apologies Derrina if you’re reading this!

Reactions: 1
Battles with him?

He is praising D’s battles with Ethan as a sign of her fabulous step parenting? It’s a very hard job but in no way does holding up battles show how much she loves him.

Kids are very hard work. So is being a blended family but conflict should be avoided and worked through because it’s bloody futile and doesn’t help.

I think what he has written is so weird. Does anyone else see what I mean?

(Incidentally, I have kids with SN and conflict is easy to fall into. But it doesn’t help. Finding common ground, structure, support and working out what is behind the conflict is what works. Even though it’s hard. The battles aren’t proof of love/great parenting, especially if you see winner/loser which he seems to.)

Also, why isn’t he doing this? Why is D battling? I’d think that conflict should be his responsibility as much as possible. Or has he just expected D to take a parental role and E to accept it?

Reactions: 13
Battles with him?

He is praising D’s battles with Ethan as a sign of her fabulous step parenting? It’s a very hard job but in no way does holding up battles show how much she loves him.

Kids are very hard work. So is being a blended family but conflict should be avoided and worked through because it’s bloody futile and doesn’t help.

I think what he has written is so weird. Does anyone else see what I mean?

(Incidentally, I have kids with SN and conflict is easy to fall into. But it doesn’t help. Finding common ground, structure, support and working out what is behind the conflict is what works. Even though it’s hard. The battles aren’t proof of love/great parenting, especially if you see winner/loser which he seems to.)

Also, why isn’t he doing this? Why is D battling? I’d think that conflict should be his responsibility as much as possible. Or has he just expected D to take a parental role and E to accept it?
I totally see what you mean and you've put it a lot better than I can..the whole thing is so very odd. And it's sad. Poor Ethan has only recently lost his mum - a few years is not a long time - it might be easy for Simon to move on but his son hasn't and can't.

Reactions: 7