Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why won't he mention her by name? It's utterly bizzare and so disrespectful. Why even post at all? He's an odd one.

Reactions: 11
I know that most of us would want our partner to find happiness again if we passed away. I nearly died having my daughter a year ago (sepsis in childbirth) and I remember thinking that my two year old wouldn’t remember me and I remember thinking that my husband would tell him all about me so he’d feel like he knew me. If my husband acted how Simon has, I’d feel utterly betrayed and that our marriage didn’t mean anything. My heart goes out to Ethan.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No no no no no. On a day that should be all about his son, and his first love he makes it about his new young wife.
Discusting

Reactions: 9
I've read it that he thought naively that ethan's life would be over and really sad because of the loss of Gemma. I dont know if he feels as a newly married man it would be insensitive to his wife to mention her name but he wrote a book about it all. It's not like Joe bloggs off the street who doesn't want to offend and pretty much dealt with grief behind closed doors. I have the utmost sympathy for the Thomas's and Gemma's family. Sometimes it seems like he uses Ethan to express his sadness too. 😔 I am glad Ethan is doing well after such a devastating loss.

Reactions: 3
I can't believe no-one is calling him out on never naming Gemma, or acknowledging that he also lost his wife, not just Ethan his mum.

Makes me think all was not well or mentally he's just almost erased her?

Reactions: 7
I think it’s his new wife’s influence that he doesn’t mention Gemma. Funny how her Instagram is private so no one can leave messages for her. Whether Simon/new wife like it or not Gemma is his sons mother. It won’t change even if he can’t bring himself to say her name.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Normally wben people have lost a love one and find love again they speak about how blessed they are to have found love twice in their life time.
They don't just wipe out the name and memory of their first partner.

Such a strange way of doing things.
Noone is gonna think you don't love your new wife if you say you miss your first love.

Reactions: 9
Normally wben people have lost a love one and find love again they speak about how blessed they are to have found love twice in their life time.

Noone is gonna think you don't love your new wife if you say you miss your first love.
Couldn't agree more. It's like he's wiped her from history. It makes me sick and so sorry for his poor son.

Reactions: 5

My dad was crying about my mum when his second wife died. I struggled to comprehend it in all honesty but it’s not like a divorce is it? You are allowed to mourn your first wife.

• Heart
Personally I think he'd checked out of their marriage quite a while before she died but didn't let it stop him making a career out of being a widower.

Reactions: 13
I lost my mum when I was 13 and if, after only 4 years, my dad was wiping my mum's memory I would have been so so hurt. It's been 27 years since my mum died and it would still hurt me. I still cry cos I miss her
In fact I miss her now I've got kids more than ever

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I honestly think it’s the new wife who has an issue. She’s presented constantly as an angel, soo beautiful, a wonderful woman - it’s like he really has to over-stress how amazing she is. I think she clearly has an issue with Gemma being the first wife and mother of Simon’s child. I’m still shocked over him saying the second best comment on their wedding - I actually think it’s pathetic.

I honestly think it’s the new wife who has an issue. She’s presented constantly as an angel, soo beautiful, a wonderful woman - it’s like he really has to over-stress how amazing she is. I think she clearly has an issue with Gemma being the first wife and mother of Simon’s child. I’m still shocked over him saying the second best comment on their wedding - I actually think it’s pathetic.
I don't think she's beautiful. The hooter on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There's such a difference between them and Steve Bland and his GF. Both quite clearly have a great amount of respect for Rachael and speak about her often, whilst living their own life which no-one begrudges. Simon can't even say Gemma's name. It wasn't like they were divorced before she died, she was still his wife. They make me cringe and the fawning over each other is bullshit... who are you trying to convince?!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
There's such a difference between them and Steve Bland and his GF. Both quite clearly have a great amount of respect for Rachael and speak about her often, whilst living their own life which no-one begrudges. Simon can't even say Gemma's name. It wasn't like they were divorced before she died, she was still his wife. They make me cringe and the fawning over each other is bullshit... who are you trying to convince?!
Agree. Love Steve and his gf seems delightful. She did a lovely post the other day about it. Rachel and Gemma still deserve love and to be spoken about. I don’t understand why Simon wants to silence Gemma :(

Reactions: 6
Agree. Love Steve and his gf seems delightful. She did a lovely post the other day about it. Rachel and Gemma still deserve love and to be spoken about. I don’t understand why Simon wants to silence Gemma :(
She really does! I saw her say something along the lines of Steve wouldn't be who he is if it wasn't for Rachael and I thought that was lovely. A classy and genuine lady with lots of warmth, they both are.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Simon Thomas reminds me of Caron Keatings husband Russ Lindsay (I think???). He seemed to get married incredibly quickly after Caron died. I remember Gloria Hunniford (Caron's mother) hinting that he and the new wife made it hard for GH to see her grandchildren. Dreadfully sad.

Reactions: 10