Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely you’re still classed as a widow, after you re-marry? The same as if you get divorced - that isn’t suddenly erased by a second marriage.
There’s no shame in being a widow and there’s no shame in falling in love and getting married again. But to deny one to suit the other???
He’s hideous.
I was thinking that. Why is he acting as though it’s a shameful thing? After he lectures us about falling in love again not being shameful? Derrina must be so incredibly insecure about it for him to have to keep trying to erase all reference to his first wife.
If it’s not her who is being antsy about, what reason could it be???

Reactions: 10
What an odious little narcissist of a man. You don’t get to dine out on your grief and write books and podcasts about being widowed, schooling the general public on how to handle death and loss. Only to erase your dead wife from the narrative and claim you’re no longer a widow because you found a new bride.

Gemma existed Simon. Have a bit of respect, if not for her then for your poor son who you’ve never protected from the media spotlight and who’s mother is still dead and is still his mother.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Gemma's poor parents.
Him trumpeting about finding joy out of pain. I doubt they have managed to find much joy after their pain, apart from their grandson.
He really does not come across as a nice person at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
He's definitely shown his true colours, he has been completely disrespectful towards Gemma and her memory.

He's so smug too, nothing Christian about him.

Reactions: 15
Even if it’s just out of convenience for them, I hope they ‘palm’ Ethan off onto Gemma’s family. It looks to me like that’ll be the only way he’ll be able to talk about his mum and how much he misses her.

I don’t know if Derrina is behind Simon’s attitude lately but either way he’s got some cheek putting it out there he’s not a widower etc given he shoved that very fact down our throats for a long time

Reactions: 11
There's something so sinister about him, you've been literally dining out on your wife's death since she died! That's basically what you're famous for!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Didn’t mind writing a book about his grief though and making money from it. Got his face in every paper, on every TV and radio programme he could when he knew there was a fee to be had. No dignity in his story at all. I feel sorry for his son. Horrible man.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
He’s announced in the last 24 hours that he’s taking a break from social media. Must have been some backlash from the article that he doesn’t like . Why announce it though , just disappear for a while. But he loves the attention so he would never do that.

Reactions: 14
He’s announced in the last 24 hours that he’s taking a break from social media. Must have been some backlash from the article that he doesn’t like . Why announce it though , just disappear for a while. But he loves the attention so he would never do that.
He’ll be back before the end of the week!

I don’t think for a second that people who are widowed (at any age, but more so when they’re young) shouldn’t move on. He chose to exploit Gemma’s illness and death, Ethan’s grieving, his grieving etc so I think he would have been relatable if he hadn’t pretended the wedding he was whining about being postponed was his and now apparently trying to pretend Gemma didn’t exist!

Reactions: 9
There's something so sinister about him, you've been literally dining out on your wife's death since she died! That's basically what you're famous for!
But then he appears to actually be offended by the term 'widower'. A complete overreaction.
He is sinister you are right. He likes to make out it hurts his wife's feelings that his first wife is even mentioned, and he is outraged of her behalf. No idea if that is true obviously. But what an odd creepy attitude to have to poor Gemma.
I'm beginning to believe more and more the poster early on in this thread who said he was sleazing over women in bars while married to Gemma.

Reactions: 16
What do we think about the most recent post? So he's sat at home all day and his new young wife has an exciting new career?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I didn't get the whole 'wow, new job, go get it' vibe. It sounded a little bit needy and resentful.

Reactions: 7
Yes exactly this!! I'd be pretty annoyed if my partner did a post like this about my new job. It's embarrassing.
Exactly! The fact he tags her in the posts when her accounts are private is absolutely bizarre. And the photo taken of her going into the train station (I assume it was taken from their car) looked borderline stalkerish.
He's really started to creep me out and I actually cringe with embarrassment when he posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
His post today is that his boy lost his Mum 4 years today. What an odd way of wording it completely without any emotion.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Once again, no mention of Gemma in the post, simply his son’s ‘mum’. Does he forget she was also his wife? Derrina doesn’t cancel Simon’s past, as much as he’d love to forget about it. He wouldn’t have a son if he wasn’t with Gemma!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I might be being word blind but he seems to say in today's post that he told his son his life was over and would never be good again!?!
I know that grief is a cruel and often inexplicable thing but who would say that... who!?!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh goodness, I’m so glad you said that. That’s how I interpreted it too. If that’s true, it is so so so so wrong. Yes, grief does funny things to people, but to say that to your child???
A whole new level of vile.

Reactions: 5