Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pictures tonight of “the two I love the most”, with the not-so-secret engagement ring in view. Looks like she’s trying to hide it, but hasn’t quite managed it!!
Do we think they’re waiting for an OK spread to announce it?
I know people can’t be expected to mourn their dead partner for ever but I feel like financially he has gained so much off the back of Gemma’s passing that this whole scenario is quite sickening. Poor Ethan,i Hope he still has plenty of contact with his maternal grandparents

Reactions: 17
My little boy is 4 and it breaks my heart to think of my son forgetting me. I absolutely would not want my husband to be alone for the rest of his life...but I hope he wouldn’t just replace me. Poor kid must be so confused 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Literally just came on to post about the ring on her finger in his recent photos. I wouldn't expect my husband to be lonely or unhappy forever if I passed away but i would expect him to plough everything into our children and make sure they were ok before even thinking about meeting someone new.

Reactions: 3
My issue with him is how AMAZING he has to tell everyone constantly that Delfina is. I think it is ok that he has moved on and found love again, I don’t think that is to be judged too much, everyone handles grief differently. But he constantly has to bang on about it, she’s amazing, beautiful, incredible with Ethan, Ethan loves her sooo much etc etc. We get it 😫 must be so painful for Gemma’s family to deal with it, I can’t even imagine! I also think that hiding the engagement is stupid too, building tension for his followers, comments second guessing so that one day they can do a big reveal, photo shoot, story whatever it is and milk it for every last penny. So sad 😢

Reactions: 6
I bet if you said the name Gemma to him he'd be like 'who?! Oh right yes my dead wife who's death I milked!'

He's totally gonna marry this new woman or if not he's already married to her.

My issue with him is how AMAZING he has to tell everyone constantly that Delfina is. I think it is ok that he has moved on and found love again, I don’t think that is to be judged too much, everyone handles grief differently. But he constantly has to bang on about it, she’s amazing, beautiful, incredible with Ethan, Ethan loves her sooo much etc etc. We get it 😫 must be so painful for Gemma’s family to deal with it, I can’t even imagine! I also think that hiding the engagement is stupid too, building tension for his followers, comments second guessing so that one day they can do a big reveal, photo shoot, story whatever it is and milk it for every last penny. So sad 😢
I know a few people in situations like that and the family of the deceased spouse have always been happy that they found love again.

What’s he meant to say or do?

I know a few people in situations like that and the family of the deceased spouse have always been happy that they found love again.

What’s he meant to say or do?
He doesn’t have to say or do anything publicly. I for one didn’t know this guy until he made the passing of his wife a public event. Then within a short space of time (in my opinion) he’s met this other woman, she appears to be heavily involved in his young son’s life and from what I’ve heard there’s engagement chat/but let’s hide the ring. Maybe his wife’s family do want him to be happy or equally they may be devastated and worried the boy will be hurt, confused and will end up being estranged from them.

I can see him being back on sky sports news next season. He will credit his girlfriend or fiancé or whatever for getting him to that point whereas he was struggling with depression before Gemma was poorly and sadly passed away. Echoing everyone else’s thoughts but I hope Ethan still sees his family on his mum’s side.

Reactions: 2
I don't really care about him but I am going to die young due to incurable cancer and I really hope my husband is able to find love again and someone who will love my children as much as I do. I'll obviously be dead 😂 but I don't care how soon he does it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He doesn’t have to say or do anything publicly. I for one didn’t know this guy until he made the passing of his wife a public event. Then within a short space of time (in my opinion) he’s met this other woman, she appears to be heavily involved in his young son’s life and from what I’ve heard there’s engagement chat/but let’s hide the ring. Maybe his wife’s family do want him to be happy or equally they may be devastated and worried the boy will be hurt, confused and will end up being estranged from them.
You not knowing him doesn’t mean that he wasn’t a public figure. Sure he’s not Lady Gaga famous, but he has a platform.

The rest of your post is groundless speculation. There’s no rulebook for grief or moving on. I find it uncomfortable to judge a widower because he started a new relationship. It’s human nature to want a connection. Pretending his wife’s family are devastated is low. You haven’t a clue so don’t pretend otherwise.

There’s nothing wrong with starting a new relationship in his situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You not knowing him doesn’t mean that he wasn’t a public figure. Sure he’s not Lady Gaga famous, but he has a platform.

The rest of your post is groundless speculation. There’s no rulebook for grief or moving on. I find it uncomfortable to judge a widower because he started a new relationship. It’s human nature to want a connection. Pretending his wife’s family are devastated is low. You haven’t a clue so don’t pretend otherwise.

There’s nothing wrong with starting a new relationship in his situation.
[/QUOTE]
It’s an opinion. I said that they “May be devastated” - if I was pretending they were or if I “had a clue” (obviously I don’t but I can still give a view on him, given he’s put himself in the public domain) I’d say “I’ve heard from my auntie who lives on the same street as his in-laws that they’re devastated” or something equally as ridiculous.

You think it’s wrong to judge a widower then you might be in the wrong place here, if you don’t like that people have a different viewpoint.

Reactions: 2
They planted a tree in Gemmas memory didn’t they? Is that in the property grounds? I hope they uproot it and replant it in their new place.

• Sad
I was married for almost 19 years to my late husband. He died suddenly in front of me and my daughter, who was 14 at the time. It was a massive shock. My daughter was so close to her dad; he would call her his shadow as she was always with him. I couldn't grieve because I was so worried for her and her wellbeing.
My husband was a widower himself and would say to me he would hate for me to be alone for the rest of my life as I have a lot of love to give. He found love with me so said if I met someone, he wouldn't have a problem.
I never, ever thought I would ever find love again, until 16 months later when I started a new job and me and my boss got on really well (it's a long, long story).
We've now been together almost 7 years next month.
But.............
I have terminal cancer. Was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer which spread to my lungs and now has spread to my pelvis. I've been told I have months to live. I'm 49 and in a care home because I need care and support.
It breaks my heart because I won't be an elderly mum to my daughter. I fear missing her settling down, having children, living a good life.
It breaks my heart that me and boyfriend won't grow old together.
Daughter and me have spoken about my death. I just want her prepared for the worst. Unlike her dad, at least I know I will die at some point, so won't be such a shock to get the way her dad died.
Boyfriend has taken it hard as we both worked in security and saw how fit and active I was. Now I need a zimmer frame and wheelchair to get around.
But I try to remain positive, especially as care home is on lock down so I haven't seen them since March. I want to be alive when things get back to 'normal'.
But I feel this Simon fella exploits his poor son.

Sorry for long post.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I was married for almost 19 years to my late husband. He died suddenly in front of me and my daughter, who was 14 at the time. It was a massive shock. My daughter was so close to her dad; he would call her his shadow as she was always with him. I couldn't grieve because I was so worried for her and her wellbeing.
My husband was a widower himself and would say to me he would hate for me to be alone for the rest of my life as I have a lot of love to give. He found love with me so said if I met someone, he wouldn't have a problem.
I never, ever thought I would ever find love again, until 16 months later when I started a new job and me and my boss got on really well (it's a long, long story).
But.............
I have terminal cancer. Was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer which spread to my lungs and now has spread to my pelvis. I've been told I have months to live. I'm 49 and in a care home because I need care and support.
It breaks my heart because I won't be an elderly mum to my daughter. I fear missing her settling down, having children, living a good life.
Daughter and me have spoken about my death. I just want her prepared for the worst. Unlike her dad, at least I know I will die at some point, so won't be such a shock to get the way her dad died.
Boyfriend has taken it hard as we both worked in security and saw how fit and active I was. Now I need a zimmer frame and wheelchair to get around.
But I try to remain positive, especially as care home is on lock down so I haven't seen them since March. I want to be alive when things get back to 'normal'.

Sorry for long post.
I’m so so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of love to you. Life is so cruel 💗😔

But.............

Sorry for long post.
So sorry to hear this . Hope you get to see your family soon . Sending lots of love 💕💕

Reactions: 1