Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hbirdette

VIP Member
He and Derrina finally married yesterday, picture on his IG. Maybe now he will stop moaning about covid and wedding guests 🙄
Sorry but that just makes him so full of shit the way he was barking on about his close friends getting married

Reactions: 19

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
He also refers to Gemma as 'my sons mum' rather than 'my first wife'. Its as if hes distancing himself from the fact he was married to her

• Angry
  • Sad

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
“As someone who has friends who’ve had their wedding postponed twice”... We all know it’s you, Simon, why not just be open about it?! If it was that important, surely he’d just have a low-key wedding and be done with it. But that wouldn’t make money, would it? There definitely going to be a big OK exclusive, with the grieving widow and his amazing saviour... 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow

claralane

He’s desperate to stay relevant and not content with pimping out his poor deceased wife and traumatised son, he’s now pimping out Derrina and their unborn child! What a slime ball.

Jazzhands

Men usually get over losing their wives very quickly. I’m sick of hearing him bleating on. That little boy will be scarred forever losing his mother so young and all Simon cares about is himself.

It took my dad 4 months. I was 39 at the time so didn’t affect me too much. I don’t think men get over their wives quicker, I think they just replace them because they are the weaker species and can’t cope on their own.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
His captions to his posts are so cringe and attention seeking. He tries to look like he's some wise old man....but in actual fact he's just a prat.
Iv always felt sorry for ethan, Simons always plastered his grief all over the internet. The poor lad has had no privacy, even his darkest days.Yet he protects derrina and his daughter- you don't see many photos of them, and when you do most of the time they are obscured.
I reckon this perpetual victim mentality will have an impact on Ethan....I really hope Ethan sees his mums side of the family too because Simon is so totally off. As someone else said his ego is off the scale. He makes me dry heave.
But a baby is always a blessing. So good luck to them and I hope derrina stays well throughout.

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
Flogged the grief thing until it ran out of steam, so now he will be talking about addiction. Professional victim that he is

On Pointless Celebrities over Christmas he was on and said something I found strange. When talking about the cancer charity he was on there to support he said 'my sons mother died of it' and I just found it an odd way of phrasing it.
He’s said this several times - I just think it’s awful. Totally disrespectful to Gemma, and to Ethan too. I don’t know whether he does it for Derrina’s sake or to detach himself from the situation, but neither make it ok.

SingSong

VIP Member
So the baby was born via an emergency c section on Tuesday(I think), but slime-on managed to do a tv and newspaper interview today.

I was impressed that he found time to set up a light ring for the tv interview, even though he has a son, premature daughter and wife who is still in hospital, to look after. #priorities

• Wow
  • Angry

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Jeez, he’s a vacuum for attention. It’s just not appropriate, the problem is that some people don’t know when to stop sharing, this is one of these occasions. The obsession for taking photos of yourself constantly is nauseating.

• Heart

Opinionated

VIP Member
Yes, even Kate Ferdinand keeps Rebecca's memory alive for her step kids, I never thought I'd say it but her and Rios approach seems much more healthy
She only does that for publicity’s sake. She was shagging him while his wife was dying she’s got to look perfect on the outside

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

bunnyhop15

It’s hard to understand when you have never been in that position but is it necessary to post a photo of his new wife and her parents and title it “the best”. It just comes across as though everything before them are now second best!

• Wow
  • Angry

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
I've mentioned this before but on the griefcast podcast he came across so badly, I had no preconceptions about him and only found this thread afterwards but he seemed to think so much of himself but also hinted at being wrapped up in his own depression before his wife died and not paying attention to her illness because of that. He sounds toxic.

• Sad

Ladyloulou35

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and mum.
I would rather see you with Wayne from Iceland’s than bloody Rio, I defended him at first but the more you see him the more you realise he got himself a pretty kid sitter!
You sound amazing and thank you for all your hard work. 💙😘
Thank you, I am quite sure I am not amazing, especially in the looks department 😂 But like most people on here watching these men basically using their kids for cash I find it uncomfortable. I also hope that these women stay for the long haul as It would be terrible for the child to not only have lost their mum but then to lose the woman that they may have seen as a substitute mummy, if Kate walked out due to Rio’s cheating (if he is, although I cannot imagine for a minute he is faithful, if you cannot stay faithful to a woman dying of cancer, when can you?) it’s the children that will be heartbroken not him.

😂 I feel the same way as you. My husband died and I’ve got no inclination to ‘find’ anyone else. I’ve got a lovely daughter and some great friends. Plus, I quite enjoy my own company. Loved your Wayne from Iceland comment! 😂
I think liking yourself is the key, I like me , I am ok, I can keep busy , entertain myself no problem. Why would I need a man? I am 50 years old , what would one add to my life? I am too busy at work to go out, although now that would also be an issue lol. The thought of touching and being touched scares me to death, I cannot see myself ever getting past that. i am a crap cook, my hubby did all that , lol he loved it, so I am not a domestic goddess and am too old to start that. Then you have to look at the bigger picture, I have my own house, it’s small but it is mine no mortgage, would I want to share it? and get financially involved with some one else? As I look at it I cannot see I would gain anything from having a new man in my life.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
He only mentions Gemma when he suits him. He’s played the grief card for his own gains I’m afraid. He’s never let that poor little lad grieve in private, instead he’s used his grief as some sort of stepping stone for celebrity and to further is own profile. It’s shameful.
I think Gemma and Ethan have always deserved more respect. I reckon he will forever pick up and put down Ethans Grief in order to stay relevant.
Total control freak

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Love. Wins? Why the need to pull full stops after each word in order to emphasise it as if to say that he was battling some kind of war against love? I don't get it? He is an utter slimey has been and i couldn't give a flying fig whether i sound harsh, his new wifey is equally slimey.
Yes that Love. Wins. Is so annoying.
He sounds perpetually angry, unpleasant and ungrateful.
I feel sorry for his new wife and child. I would not touch him with a barge pole. I dislike him so much I start to wonder what sort of life Gemma had with him 😥

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
He's a grifter alright. And i wouldn't be soooooo gullible that Derrina isn't in on it all. Sure, she may not be the one doing the actual social media posts / interviews but without a doubt she would have agreed to the stuff he does. Ugh he is one yukky, need-to-get-rid-of-that-90's-hairstyle man.
I’m not so sure about this. I think he’s quite controlling. We know that she hates her picture being taken and more so when it’s shared online, but he ignores that and does it anyway. I get the feeling she’s lovely (maybe slightly naive/vulnerable?) and he’s just an arsehole.