Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lynseyp

VIP Member
Maybe if they didn't move house and Ethan could've stayed at his school without having to change then he would have got into the high school with his friends.
It's like they have erased all trace of Gemma, all because Simon has moved on

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Mark81

VIP Member
Flogged the grief thing until it ran out of steam, so now he will be talking about addiction. Professional victim that he is

On Pointless Celebrities over Christmas he was on and said something I found strange. When talking about the cancer charity he was on there to support he said 'my sons mother died of it' and I just found it an odd way of phrasing it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

missbct

Chatty Member
what makes you think he was cheating before? isn't he really religious?
When he was married to Gemma, and when I met him at a NCFC function, he asked me out (I was 17 and told him, he’s a lot older than me) - when I told him he was married he didn’t look remotely bothered!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

Jusa

VIP Member
I saw it and regardless of what bits he’s lying about, the cat is old and has high needs now but I’m not sure they can genuinely provide that when they’ve a toddler and a baby on the way? I think it would be kinder to put the cat to sleep instead of putting it outside when it’s old if it’s going to the toilet everywhere. Old pets are special but you have to think of the hygiene hazard too. If they can’t get to the root of it, I don’t see another option but to put it to sleep. It would be unfair to chuck it outside or leave it confined in one room.
Personally, I'd rather he was put to sleep than the cat.

• Haha
  • Heart

MissMissMissy

Chatty Member
My friend lost her husband a few years ago, he was her second marriage and her daughters adored him as much as she did. She still talks/posts about her husband all the time. She wears her wedding rings, she visits their special places and she helps her girls through the grief. The thought of moving on would make her physically sick.

This whole thing has really bothered me, my kids were hugely damaged when me and their dad split up. He bounced through relationships and re-married quickly. My daughter was 8 then and didn’t see him for a year after as she was so hurt. They felt like ‘guests’ on the wedding day and still get upset now (2 years later) when they recall being sat away from their Dad on the day and not being mentioned in speeches/included etc…

What I’m trying to say is- no matter what people think, kids actually aren’t resilient. They are smart and they see everything. Ethan will one day look back and say to his Dad “why?” Because I don’t care how much you love someone (and I am madly in love now but when We get married we will have been together nearly 10 years post our divorces) but your own ‘romantic love’ can take the back seat while your kids catch up… we can be selfish sometimes but this is too far. I can’t imagine even sleeping at night for years if my partner died. Everything that ST has done in the last couple have years has been met with criticism. And rightly so. He should step away from the public life and concentrate on real life. Ethan always looks like he’s putting on a brave face to please everyone. I just want to hug that poor boy 😢

• Sad
  • Heart

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Fuck sake GET OVER IT! Whilst it’s shit for people who have to reschedule their weddings and I have sympathy for them,I cannot sympathise with this vile man. He actually disgusts me. I really hope his son has loving family around him because Simon is an absolute prick. I know people move on but the way he went from devastated husband to ‘my sons mother who’s name I seem to have forgotten’ is just disgusting.

• Angry
Reactions: 26

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Gemma's poor parents.
Him trumpeting about finding joy out of pain. I doubt they have managed to find much joy after their pain, apart from their grandson.
He really does not come across as a nice person at all.

• Sad

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Nah it was fuck all to do with wanting to enjoy the secrecy,he just knew he would get massive backlash (rightly so) for how he has conducted himself throughout the whole thing-promoting life insurance for money following his first wife’s death whilst engaged to his new woman doesn’t exactly scream Christianity does it. Complete and utter prick. Can’t stand him,and I really was quite consumed by the story when Gemma first passed away as I was gutted for him. Now I only care about Ethan,who wasn’t even important enough for a mention in that post. How strange for Gemma’s family if they are looking after him while Simon honeymoons with his new wife(no idea if that’s the case as I haven’t looked into it).

hopefully Derrina is a bitch so that I don’t have to sympathise with her for being stuck with a complete arsehole. She is probably already pregnant.

Also curious as to why the title changed?

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
For someone that milked Gemma’s death at absolutely every opportunity to whoever would pay a fee for the story, he can’t even bring himself to say her name. The arrogance of this man.

• Angry
Reactions: 25

TJ90

VIP Member
His new wife comes across as such a spoilt madam. It was hard for her to live in Gemma’s house. Really, what did she expect when moving in with a widow? Does she not think how hard it is for a little boy to live without his Mum. Simon obviously put her first in that situation. I’m not a parent but I always assumed your child comes before anyone else

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
I completely understand what you’ve said here.
I’m going though a divorce and although I initiated it it’s killing me and it’s the hardest thing I've ever been through! I am absolutely not interested in meeting anyone else yet, even though we split nearly 2 years ago. My friends keep pushing me to date! No thank you!! I need to love myself again first. I don’t know if my ex has met anyone but I am dreading it as I know it’ll hurt.
I honestly think men can’t cope on their own. I know someone who was shacked up with someone else 6 months after his wife of 30 years died. It ripped the family apart
My uncle moved a woman in 2 weeks after my aunty died.
Most of us never spoke to him again
She threw all her stuff out, family photos, family heirlooms.
It was if after 60 years of marriage never mattered

• Sad
  • Wow

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
I see that he's posted it on his socials now. Said that he stepped away in 2018 "to look after Ethan after we lost his mum"

Poor Gemma. We have not forgotten her name.

• Sad
  • Sick

Amyx1518

VIP Member
Again, it’s probably petty but “love wins” is bothering me too. I know it’s not specifically for lgbtq couples and lgbtq couples only but it’s really bothering me that he’s used it here. I can’t really articulate any further what I mean I am just annoyed by it. Blah sorry :(

RainyVee

He's now doing adverts for Polly insurance & he says something like "when Gemma died, the 1st thing I needed to know was, did she have insurance"? Really, that's one of the 1st things he thought after his wife died?? Strange guy.

• Wow

GossipHun

I hate that last line on his blood cancer awareness post "don't die of ignorance" like it's your fault or implying Gemma died due to her own ignorance.

As I understand from his own words in interviews after she died, symptoms were missed because he had been suffering with stress/depression, they put it down to her worrying about him!!

• Sad

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Nah it was fuck all to do with wanting to enjoy the secrecy,he just knew he would get massive backlash (rightly so) for how he has conducted himself throughout the whole thing-promoting life insurance for money following his first wife’s death whilst engaged to his new woman doesn’t exactly scream Christianity does it. Complete and utter prick. Can’t stand him,and I really was quite consumed by the story when Gemma first passed away as I was gutted for him. Now I only care about Ethan,who wasn’t even important enough for a mention in that post. How strange for Gemma’s family if they are looking after him while Simon honeymoons with his new wife(no idea if that’s the case as I haven’t looked into it).

hopefully Derrina is a bitch so that I don’t have to sympathise with her for being stuck with a complete arsehole. She is probably already pregnant.

Also curious as to why the title changed?
It is very strange that he didn’t mention Ethan in that long post. Like you I only care about Ethan. I also think he could be a bit more thoughtful to Gemma’s family. They must be going through so many different emotions at the minute.

Reactions: 24