Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She comes first. Interesting
When he said.. 'you come first today' .. 'you are never second best'.. that's got to be the strangest thing I've ever heard in that context. Never second best? Not being funny but his wife is not long dead so maybe that's why she feels second best.

Reactions: 8
When he said.. 'you come first today' .. 'you are never second best'.. that's got to be the strangest thing I've ever heard in that context. Never second best? Not being funny but his wife is not long dead so maybe that's why she feels second best.
I didn't see this. But is his kid not 1st? My husband isn't dead but my son comes first 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That’s what stood out for me, it was like he had to - or felt he had to - enforce that she’s not second best. Poor Gemma isn’t a threat to her but she maybe feels she is? And when the best man said “you’re wonderful parents to Ethan”, I felt that could have been worded better and more appropriate because she isn’t his mum.

The setting of the wedding looked lovely but the neon pink sign looked out of place to me. And his hair, why is nobody telling him how bad it is?!

Reactions: 9
Me and my partner love each other absolutely loads and are very happy. We have our own kids but none together. No matter what, our kids come 1st every time and we get married I would be mortified if he made a comment like that. I just feel lots of these things mentioned above aren’t really necessary… does he need to bang this point home?? Yes Gemma died, yes it was awful, yes you have moved on and it’s been hard for people… why keep putting the new wife on such a pedestal? Is she insecure?

Reactions: 6
Me and my partner love each other absolutely loads and are very happy. We have our own kids but none together. No matter what, our kids come 1st every time and we get married I would be mortified if he made a comment like that. I just feel lots of these things mentioned above aren’t really necessary… does he need to bang this point home?? Yes Gemma died, yes it was awful, yes you have moved on and it’s been hard for people… why keep putting the new wife on such a pedestal? Is she insecure?
Watching that clip made me think she’s insecure - it looked to me like it wasn’t the first time he had to tell her she isn’t second best.

Seeing as his dad moved on quickly, I had hoped his new Stepmum would be someone who would respect the fact he’s lost his mum at such a young age and not overstep the mark whilst encouraging him to always remember his mum. Now I’m not so sure. I’ve got a horrible feeling there will be the pitter patter of tiny blonde quiffs soon and who knows who will be there for Ethan

Reactions: 7
Watching that clip made me think she’s insecure - it looked to me like it wasn’t the first time he had to tell her she isn’t second best.

Seeing as his dad moved on quickly, I had hoped his new Stepmum would be someone who would respect the fact he’s lost his mum at such a young age and not overstep the mark whilst encouraging him to always remember his mum. Now I’m not so sure. I’ve got a horrible feeling there will be the pitter patter of tiny blonde quiffs soon and who knows who will be there for Ethan
When I started following him after Gemma passed I had general sympathy for him but then within months he announced he was with someone else and he seemed to make comments about how she understood Ethan and knew it wasn't going to be easy. Now it just seems they have said 'duck it' we are together and Gemma is gone.
My niece was 19 and my nephew 15 when my sister passed (nearly 6 years ago) and I obviously saw the devastation it left with them yet alone this poor lad who is so much younger.

I really do hope and pray that he is getting the support he needs especially from Gemma's family and just cause he has moved on they doesn't expect it from Ethan as well but something tells me that isn't the case.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
They both give me the ick tbh. Especially (and this might seem trivial to some) when they were announced as 'Mr and Mrs Simon Thomas' at their wedding venue and when they both refer to themselves as 'man and wife'. Such outdated and misogynistic language.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They both give me the ick tbh. Especially (and this might seem trivial to some) when they were announced as 'Mr and Mrs Simon Thomas' at their wedding venue and when they both refer to themselves as 'man and wife'. Such outdated and misogynistic language.
Yes yes yes! I thought this too. The whole Mrs *insert husband’s full name* is just awful. She’s a woman in her own right, not his possession or an extension of him. Thought I’d woken up in 1953 when I saw that.

Reactions: 4
When I started following him after Gemma passed I had general sympathy for him but then within months he announced he was with someone else and he seemed to make comments about how she understood Ethan and knew it wasn't going to be easy. Now it just seems they have said 'duck it' we are together and Gemma is gone.
My niece was 19 and my nephew 15 when my sister passed (nearly 6 years ago) and I obviously saw the devastation it left with them yet alone this poor lad who is so much younger.

I really do hope and pray that he is getting the support he needs especially from Gemma's family and just cause he has moved on they doesn't expect it from Ethan as well but something tells me that isn't the case.
So sorry for your loss, I’m sure it still hurts so much, for all of you. I hope Gemma’s family are playing the long game to not rock the boat and end up alienated. But her mum must shed a lot of tears seeing how it’s playing out.

I think “love will always win” enough to hear the patter of tiny feet before the year’s out.

Reactions: 1
Why does he always come across so defensive and just horrible?!

Screenshot_20211009-182537_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Why does he always come across so defensive and just horrible?!

View attachment 802148
Let's be honest here; if he hadn't lost his first wife in such terrible circumstances and made himself the voice of all grieving widows everywhere The Times wouldn't have any interest in interviewing him. You can't take the job and accept the paycheck and then complain that actually that's not you.

Reactions: 31
He’s so desperate to erase the very thing that gave him any sort of relevance again. It’s disgusting-I just couldn’t imagine correcting someone who referred to me in that way,it’s like he’s insulted that anyone dares refer to the life he had before. He sounds so bitter that he had a wife prior to Derrina (or maybe she is the bitter one). I wouldn’t care,but he has a son and that son lost his mother and it just seems like she is being slowly erased. It makes all the things he did when Gemma first passed away (planting the tree etc) seem very performative.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Is he very Christian then - the reference to ‘his God’?

Why do the people who are so keen to let you know how religious they are, often act like the biggest and most unpleasant arseholes?

Reactions: 17
Surely you’re still classed as a widow, after you re-marry? The same as if you get divorced - that isn’t suddenly erased by a second marriage.
There’s no shame in being a widow and there’s no shame in falling in love and getting married again. But to deny one to suit the other???
He’s hideous.

Reactions: 22