Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nurseali

VIP Member
I think they get away with it because most of us think everyone has the same morals and values as we do.
It's been one of the hardest things to realise as I have got older , that actually no people don't. I still struggle with it.
When I hear of affairs that have wrecked marriages and people stealing at work or in the media , harming people who didn't deserve it , I am still a bit shocked.
We think about how we couldn't have the cheek, couldn't sleep at night, look ourselves in the mirror or speak to our children about morals without sounding a hypocrite.

These people don't. It's lovely to see them getting their due deserves.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

SendReceive

VIP Member
From the Essex County Council statement:

“The engagement levels the council achieved through ECVA and other social media channels managed by Simon Harris during the pandemic period were far in excess of what the council would usually have expected during a ‘normal’ period of operation”

Sorry I don’t have time to peer review my findings but surely the ‘excess engagement’ was because everyone was sat at home refreshing FB/Twitter/TikTok given that was one of about three things we were allowed to do at the time? My screen time went up to double digits! How can they claim that was Simon’s doing! These people are useless.
Yeah it’s a carefully finessed statement.

So even if we accept “increased engagement” - so what? What are the actual benefits to residents of Essex that flow from this “increased engagement”? And if there are indeed any actual benefits, could they have been achieved by spending a lot less than half a million quid?

“We increased engagement” sounds like the kind of thing that some sap would say on a Dragon’s Den pitch about their TikTok hits or Insta followers, shortly before Peter Jones asks them how many products they actually sold as a result of that “engagement”, and they look at their feet and mumble “sixteen”.

• Haha

lilykestrel

VIP Member
I've added this momentous occasion to the Wiki, feel free to amend my account. SO glad I had the foresight to archive the GFM, the sneaky git.

• Heart

Pkershaw

Perhaps if he walked his kids to their local primary school, rather than driving half a mile, he wouldn't be such a fat bastard.
I know Simon’s exact address. This school is a 6 minute walk from his house. “i pArK pErFEcT wHeN i PicK mY kiD5 uPPpP”. Of course you do, Simon. Because your car is on your fucking driveway.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Even The Cat from Red Dwarf is asking questions about Si.

Fuck me. I didn’t have Cat from Red Dwarf calling out Simon Harris on my 2024 bingo card.

I like how his shite social media campaigns about grabbing your balls/tits are billed under ‘public health’.

• Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
He isn't at the Echo anymore - He is Essexlive and exactly how you describe I fear, tbh the Echo isn't much better these days.
Oh shit a Reach publication. Never mind then.

Ahh I'm not up on the Harris lore.

If the split rumor is true maybe his wife lives mortgage free...?
Maybe that’s why he’s ass mad about the mortgage thing. If she was the breadwinner and they split, he may be off renting somewhere grim. Perhaps he thought it would be easy to get a mortgage only to find banks don’t like to lend to people whose sole source of income is making Lynx Africa jokes.

He should visit the horny mortgage advisor in Southend who’ll approve you if you send feet pics.

• Haha

Nurseali

VIP Member
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
I'd forgotten about this slack-jawed, greasy cunt after my brush with fame 💅 when he shared my post on here with his Facebook following 😂.

Delighted to see his chickens have come home to roost. What an unexpected joy.

The mass delete really speaks volumes. Absolute shithouse. At least have the courage of your convictions pal.

I bet he's fucking raging, ranting about everything he's done for charity. Gormless prick.

• Heart

Dobbythehouseelf

I absolutely loathe the punching down he does, and likes of Monroe too. Disillusioned, impoverished people with socio-economic instability are not a fucking punchline. If we want to change poverty, childhood obesity, substance abuse and a dozen other problems, then a big part of that is reaching out to these people and making sure they are heard, understood and supported. In my line of work I meet a lot of people who have views that I do not share. It is my job to empathise, listen and support them. Not make them feel shit about themselves.

• Heart

lilykestrel

VIP Member
Wonder if Jackie "You Have the Authority" Weaver was one of the "very famous" people who had some funds flow through Simon's account in her direction for her time and wisdom.

God pandemic era UK was loopy, you forget, don't you, and then you're reminded that a woman who chaired a local council meeting got a milquetoast lean in feminism book deal after some other people were nobs to her and it went viral. And an elderly Tory walked round his garden while recovering from hip surgery and his daughter went on to build a spa that broke planning permission. How will we explain this to the future generations

• Haha

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Wonder if Jackie "You Have the Authority" Weaver was one of the "very famous" people who had some funds flow through Simon's account in her direction for her time and wisdom.

God pandemic era UK was loopy, you forget, don't you, and then you're reminded that a woman who chaired a local council meeting got a milquetoast lean in feminism book deal after some other people were nobs to her and it went viral. And an elderly Tory walked round his garden while recovering from hip surgery and his daughter went on to build a spa that broke planning permission. How will we explain this to the future generations
This whole decade is mental.
One day I half expect my little nephew to ask me where I was when i heard that a formerly respected QC battered a fox to death while wearing his wife's kimono, or that a two bit baked bean blogger went viral for suggesting you could make cacio e pepe by rinsing a tin of spaghetti hoops.

• Haha

Rhubarb58

From the Essex County Council statement:

“The engagement levels the council achieved through ECVA and other social media channels managed by Simon Harris during the pandemic period were far in excess of what the council would usually have expected during a ‘normal’ period of operation”

Sorry I don’t have time to peer review my findings but surely the ‘excess engagement’ was because everyone was sat at home refreshing FB/Twitter/TikTok given that was one of about three things we were allowed to do at the time? My screen time went up to double digits! How can they claim that was Simon’s doing! These people are useless.

lilykestrel

VIP Member
Just occurred to me that that trustee guy clearly has his head screwed on, or has done his due diligence. Because his opening salvo was "don't give him your money, you don't know where it's going"

• Heart

Pkershaw

Even The Cat from Red Dwarf is asking questions about Si.

As much as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed his astronomically funny downfall, I feel we will all face moments when we wish he was still around on Twitter, and this is one of those already.

A few years ago, The Cat tweeted Simon and it sent him into a frenzy. He declared his undying love for everything Red Dwarf and The Cat was “Martin Lewised” for a while. If he was still on Twitter to see Danny sticking the boot in, it would break his little cholesterol clogged heart in two.

• Haha

Magwitch

I'm coming out of lurkdom on this thread to say how fucking delighted I am that this woefully unfunny, misogynist narcisssist is finally getting his comeuppance. I've loathed him for years and could never get my head around the fact that he has (or had - hahahaha!) so many followers. He's been stuck back in the noughties for more than a decade now, ranting about imaginary Barrys wanting to cancel Christmas and how awful the Torwies are, and it absolutely blows my mind that he's been paid nearly half a million quid (by a Tory council no less!) to tell people how to wash their fucking hands. Jesus wept, you could not make this shit up.

• Heart