Shopping: online and otherwise

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not going till next month, me and my friend sorted it all out yesterday on our walk, shops and lunch when we can eat inside and not have to be freezing cold anymore 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Changing rooms are reopening again when the shops open tomorrow. I am really pleased about this as not being able to try things on and having to return things was really annoying. Being able to try things on before you buy them is one the main advantages the High St has over online shopping, so it makes sense to get them open.

I love shopping and generally prefer to shop in person rather than online so I'm pretty excited about the shops reopening. I do think the restrictions have sucked a lot of the fun out of shopping though, not being able to stop for a coffee or even take a seat anywhere makes for a dull and tiring shopping trip, but we need to start somewhere. I'll give it a week to calm down before I go to the shops but it settled down pretty quickly last time. I avoid shopping in Manchester city centre and the Trafford Centre in the school holidays anyway.

I've been through my summer clothes and have a list of things I'd like to buy to update my wardrobe, and I also want to go to Ikea for a particular pillow. I am booked in at the beautician tomorrow, the hairdresser on Saturday and a massage next Monday, so I've got more than enough to keep me occupied for the time being :LOL: .
Changing rooms it's down to the store/company. They are allowed too. I know some shops will not be re-opening the changing rooms yet.

Changing rooms it's down to the store/company. They are allowed too. I know some shops will not be re-opening the changing rooms yet.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for those who choose not to reopen the changing rooms shift on that policy, especially if they don't start to make the sales they are hoping to see. It's the biggest advantage they all have over online shopping, after all.

Apparently Primark aren't opening their changing rooms yet which is an interesting choice. I would have thought that in their bigger stores they are set up to be able to do it very successfully - the Manchester store could keep every other cubicle closed and still have a lot of changing room space available for example.

Reactions: 3
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for those who choose not to reopen the changing rooms shift on that policy, especially if they don't start to make the sales they are hoping to see. It's the biggest advantage they all have over online shopping, after all.

Apparently Primark aren't opening their changing rooms yet which is an interesting choice. I would have thought that in their bigger stores they are set up to be able to do it very successfully - the Manchester store could keep every other cubicle closed and still have a lot of changing room space available for example.
I was thinking the same. It wont take long for them to change their minds on this. There will be customer complaints about the changing rooms not being open. The changing rooms being open also stops so many refunds. Which will keep queues down. People accepted changing rooms being closed because this was a government policy that all shops had to follow. Customer services will be so busy dealing with customer complaints on this. I give it a week before they all cave in and reopen them.

Reactions: 2
I just don’t get why though?? There’s no sales or discounts or anything?? I love shopping but could not be arsed with it tomorrow 😂

• Haha
I prefer online shopping - no snooty sales assistants asking if you were interested in trying a size up or side-eying what you're buying; no crowds; no parking hassles ... only having to put up with the occasional WiFi connection hiccup makes it more than worthwhile.

I hate online shopping, I tried online clothes shopping during the first lockdown and everything I bought was a fail. I really want my life back but don't think I will be rushing out straight away.

I like online shopping less than I used to purely because the Post Office where I live has closed, meaning it is more effort for me to go to the next town to find a post office to do my returns. Especially when the one in the next town is in the middle of the town, but I have to park at one end or the other and walk to the middle.

I much prefer to choose clothes etc on the high street, I'm sort of in between sizes so online it's always really hard to judge. It's nice to feel the quality of fabric etc in the store too. I won't be rushing out but I will probably have a wander round at the weekend.

I want to go to Primark. That’s the only shop I can think of that I miss. We don’t have much money so I get most of my clothes and my sons clothes from there. Essentials like underwear, work clothes and summer clothes for my son. Very occasionally I have a splurge at Next on clothes for him (I barely buy anything for myself, and when I do I try and buy second hand) but Primark is great for cheap clothing and shoes. I know it’s ‘fast fashion’ or whatever but I get years of use out of the majority of stuff I buy from Primark!

I prefer online shopping at the moment over high street, my local town is terrible for shops and I can get much more variety online!

You do mean May THIS year... :ROFLMAO:
Yep 🤭

I want to go to Primark. That’s the only shop I can think of that I miss. We don’t have much money so I get most of my clothes and my sons clothes from there. Essentials like underwear, work clothes and summer clothes for my son. Very occasionally I have a splurge at Next on clothes for him (I barely buy anything for myself, and when I do I try and buy second hand) but Primark is great for cheap clothing and shoes. I know it’s ‘fast fashion’ or whatever but I get years of use out of the majority of stuff I buy from Primark!

I prefer online shopping at the moment over high street, my local town is terrible for shops and I can get much more variety online!
Primark is the only shop I miss too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Gutted, I’d booked a day off in the next couple of weeks to go and explore the shops for the first time in months, I was soooo excited! I’ve only gone and broken my ankle today 🥺 going nowhere!!!

• Sad