Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Im not excited but Im glad they are reopening because I prefer to wander around the shops and see what I like rather then looking through pages and pages on the websites. Yes I will be going because I want some new loungewear and a handbag but I wont be going Monday probably later in the week.

Reactions: 13

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I despise going shopping - for me there’s absolutely no enjoyment in trailing the shops for hours looking for something. I like to look online, filtering searches for what I want and voila it pops up, few clicks and it’s done. But then I barely buy any new clothes - I’m not a follower of latest trends and fashions so buying clothes is just when I need something (somethings now too small/too big, holes in etc).

I have no intention of rushing back to the shops when they reopen. The only shop I do need to open is the Card Factory so I don’t have to spend £3+ on supermarket or Moonpig cards for birthday cards when the 99p ones at Card Factory are more than suitable. I tend to bulk buy for a few months so the price difference is really noticeable!

Reactions: 12

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I don't like online shopping, I like seeing it for myself first and deciding then. Some clothes look totally different than what they look like online! I'm not rushing out tomorrow, gonna give it a few days. It'll be mental 🥴 can't wait to get some socks and knickers from Primark though!

Reactions: 9

Cats_eyes

Chatty Member
after this year I honestly don't care about shopping. Don't get wrong I love clothes but I already have so many and am desperately saving to buy a home. I volunteer in a charity shop and the amount of clothes that end up getting thrown away, well because homeless people don't need nice dresses or shoes from Zara, PLT, boohoo). It's sad, as a world we're constantly making more unnecessary stuff because trends and every mofo has a fashion brand.

Reactions: 9

Tublet83

VIP Member
I’m excited and going to make real effort to not shop online and support high st retail 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Yeah I think it’ll be bonkers tomorrow! I’m going to go in a couple of weeks when it’s settled down a bit. I’m like you @coconochanel i like physically being in store and seeing and feeling items in the flesh.

I’m excited and going to make real effort to not shop online and support high st retail 😀
I’ve really cut back on my online spending this lockdown. In the first one I went a bit bonkers, along with everyone else. This time it’s been different. Also interesting and sad at the same time to see how the landscape of the high st will look, with lots of the large names like Top Shop and Debenhams going🥲

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’m going for my hair cutting on Tuesday so I was going to look round the shops afterwards (live in a big city). It’s my Nana’s birthday at the weekend so it will be good to get presents from an actual shop! I was gonna brave Primark as I need my 50p cotton pad and socks fix 🤣

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
I despise going shopping - for me there’s absolutely no enjoyment in trailing the shops for hours looking for something. I like to look online, filtering searches for what I want and voila it pops up, few clicks and it’s done. But then I barely buy any new clothes - I’m not a follower of latest trends and fashions so buying clothes is just when I need something (somethings now too small/too big, holes in etc).

I have no intention of rushing back to the shops when they reopen. The only shop I do need to open is the Card Factory so I don’t have to spend £3+ on supermarket or Moonpig cards for birthday cards when the 99p ones at Card Factory are more than suitable. I tend to bulk buy for a few months so the price difference is really noticeable!
Yes Card Factory! I’ve spent so much more money on cards this past year because of it being shut. I paid £2 for wrapping paper the other day when in card factory it’s so much cheaper!

Reactions: 5

FridaK

VIP Member
I absolutely CAN NOT wait. I’ve had hair, nails and beauty appointments booked since the beginning of March. I sit quite often thinking about browsing the sale rails in H&M instead for of monotonously walking like a robot up and down the aisle in bloody Asda. I use browsing as a stress release, like a hobby really (I think it is genetic because my Mum is a professional 😂.) Not always to buy, just to be cheered up by looking at colours and fabrics.

I’ve come to have quite a loathing for internet shopping. Clicking through a website will never replace the real thing for me. So yes I’m a little excited and will be screeching ‘freedom’ this week 😁

Reactions: 5

cushtybert

VIP Member
Not going till next month, me and my friend sorted it all out yesterday on our walk, shops and lunch when we can eat inside and not have to be freezing cold anymore 😂😂

Reactions: 4

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I'm excited as shopping is my escape from the kids. I miss changing rooms though. Wonder when they'll ever come back. I hate having to buy 4 pairs of trousers to take home and see which one fits.

On the day the shops closed down I went and bought a few tops from H&M, drove to the quiet end of the car park, tried them on in my car and took back the ones I didn't want straight away 😂😂

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
So far I’ve gone to Zara, H&M, primark twice, debanhams twice (their closing down sale is AMAZING)...oh and I’m going back tomorrow...wow I have no life 😭

• Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Thought I’d create a thread for shopping lovers (I couldn’t see an existing one). Who is excited for the reopening of physical Retail outlets tomorrow? Anyone going shopping tomorrow? Has lockdown changed your shopping habits and perceptions?

Fairypop

VIP Member
I'm going to leave it for a while. I suspect its going to be mental.
My sentiments exactly 🤣 there are a few things I could do with getting, but nothing that can’t wait a little longer. It’s still Easter holidays for another week where I am, so I’ll not risk the madness just yet!

Reactions: 3

Tublet83

VIP Member
Can’t wait for my local paper to show all the chavs queuing for primark at 5am with babies in buggies and greggs pasties. Can you be that desperate for black leggings 😂

Got a Clark’s appointment for the kiddos tomorrow, they literally have no shoes that fit them and Clark’s don’t accept vouchers online (and guess what the grandparents got them for Christmas 😂)

Reactions: 3