Shopping: online and otherwise

Which do you prefer?

• Shopping Online

Votes: 71 67.0%
  • High St

Votes: 35 33.0%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I’d create a thread for shopping lovers (I couldn’t see an existing one). Who is excited for the reopening of physical Retail outlets tomorrow? Anyone going shopping tomorrow? Has lockdown changed your shopping habits and perceptions?

Reactions: 4
Im not excited but Im glad they are reopening because I prefer to wander around the shops and see what I like rather then looking through pages and pages on the websites. Yes I will be going because I want some new loungewear and a handbag but I wont be going Monday probably later in the week.

Reactions: 13
I'm going to leave it for a while. I suspect its going to be mental.
My sentiments exactly 🤣 there are a few things I could do with getting, but nothing that can’t wait a little longer. It’s still Easter holidays for another week where I am, so I’ll not risk the madness just yet!

Reactions: 3
I’m excited and going to make real effort to not shop online and support high st retail 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My sentiments exactly 🤣 there are a few things I could do with getting, but nothing that can’t wait a little longer. It’s still Easter holidays for another week where I am, so I’ll not risk the madness just yet!
Aww yes forgot about kids being off school I will wait until they go back then. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Yeah I think it’ll be bonkers tomorrow! I’m going to go in a couple of weeks when it’s settled down a bit. I’m like you @coconochanel i like physically being in store and seeing and feeling items in the flesh.

I’m excited and going to make real effort to not shop online and support high st retail 😀
I’ve really cut back on my online spending this lockdown. In the first one I went a bit bonkers, along with everyone else. This time it’s been different. Also interesting and sad at the same time to see how the landscape of the high st will look, with lots of the large names like Top Shop and Debenhams going🥲

I love a bit of window shopping, but I won't be going near the shops until the initial rush is over!

I love shopping and it’s my go to activity with my mum but have no plans to go for a few weeks.

I don't like online shopping, I like seeing it for myself first and deciding then. Some clothes look totally different than what they look like online! I'm not rushing out tomorrow, gonna give it a few days. It'll be mental 🥴 can't wait to get some socks and knickers from Primark though!

Reactions: 9
I’m going for my hair cutting on Tuesday so I was going to look round the shops afterwards (live in a big city). It’s my Nana’s birthday at the weekend so it will be good to get presents from an actual shop! I was gonna brave Primark as I need my 50p cotton pad and socks fix 🤣

• Haha
I despise going shopping - for me there’s absolutely no enjoyment in trailing the shops for hours looking for something. I like to look online, filtering searches for what I want and voila it pops up, few clicks and it’s done. But then I barely buy any new clothes - I’m not a follower of latest trends and fashions so buying clothes is just when I need something (somethings now too small/too big, holes in etc).

I have no intention of rushing back to the shops when they reopen. The only shop I do need to open is the Card Factory so I don’t have to spend £3+ on supermarket or Moonpig cards for birthday cards when the 99p ones at Card Factory are more than suitable. I tend to bulk buy for a few months so the price difference is really noticeable!

Reactions: 12
I despise going shopping - for me there’s absolutely no enjoyment in trailing the shops for hours looking for something. I like to look online, filtering searches for what I want and voila it pops up, few clicks and it’s done. But then I barely buy any new clothes - I’m not a follower of latest trends and fashions so buying clothes is just when I need something (somethings now too small/too big, holes in etc).

I have no intention of rushing back to the shops when they reopen. The only shop I do need to open is the Card Factory so I don’t have to spend £3+ on supermarket or Moonpig cards for birthday cards when the 99p ones at Card Factory are more than suitable. I tend to bulk buy for a few months so the price difference is really noticeable!
Yes Card Factory! I’ve spent so much more money on cards this past year because of it being shut. I paid £2 for wrapping paper the other day when in card factory it’s so much cheaper!

Reactions: 5
after this year I honestly don't care about shopping. Don't get wrong I love clothes but I already have so many and am desperately saving to buy a home. I volunteer in a charity shop and the amount of clothes that end up getting thrown away, well because homeless people don't need nice dresses or shoes from Zara, PLT, boohoo). It's sad, as a world we're constantly making more unnecessary stuff because trends and every mofo has a fashion brand.

Reactions: 9
I’m not excited in the way that I’ll be straight down the shops tomorrow, but I’m excited for the thought that if I need to go to a shop for something I actually CAN! I’ve really struggled with everything being closed and not being able to get out and about when needed.

• Heart
I’m much more excited about the pubs reopening - although I do prefer browsing a shop to a website for clothes.

I don’t often actually GO shopping, but I’m looking forward to having it as an option to decide against

Reactions: 2

I LOVE Card Factory! I also bulk buy, mainly because my memory is tit and it’s good to look organised when I’m not really 😂

• Haha
Hair cut Tuesday morning and then will be going to the shops afterwards, cannot wait tbh! I need socks desperately and it’ll just be nice to have a wander round.

• Heart
I could do with Primark for new cheap basics for wearing for work. But even though I'm not at work tomorrow there is no way in hell I'm going tomorrow. It's going to be murder in Primark stores tomorrow. Thankfully I stumbled across some decent work trousers on Groupon cheap the other day so I can manage leaving it a few weeks, just need some cheap basic tees/polos.

I'm trying to avoid doing too much shopping in general at the moment. I had a period where I was online ordering a lot from Zalando Lounge flash sales.

I'm working on the hope that if I don't look at clothes and things, I won't find things I want (but don't really need) so I won't buy them.

Reactions: 1