Shopping: online and otherwise

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t freaking wait. Me and my boyfriend/best friend love going on days out to The Trafford Centre or Liverpool to just browse and then go for food. It’s just a nice day out especially as I’m so bored of going on walks to nowhere. Won’t be going until I feel like I need something as I’ve been online shopping a lot recently and can’t be arsed with the types of people that will be lining up the day they reopen 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m not that enthusiastic about shopping, all my family and friends are raving about getting into Primark, I can’t think of anything worse! 😆 Primark especially is ROUGH when it’s busy... kids screaming... babies in prams leaving a trail of Greggs pasty crumbs, it’s hot, it stinks, clothes in piles or just thrown everywhere, queues right out the door... maybe that’s just my local though 😆😆 I agree with the poster who mentioned birthday/greeting cards. £30 it cost me for a birthday card on moonpig a few weeks ago, okay it was for next day delivery but £30?!

I think for me it’s just the knowledge that I’ll be able to go out and get things or just potter around the shops for a few hours without it feeling illegal. Lol. During my undergraduate degree I LOVED sitting in Costa to study, I’d have lunch in there, work for a few hours, talk to all the old people. Although I work well from home I find I get so easily distracted just because my family are getting on with life around me, somehow it’s easier to tune that out in a coffee shop 🤷🏻‍♀️ Now that I’m doing my masters I’ll be a godsend in the summer when I need to work on my project. It’s a nice way to spend a few hours.

Also so many stores on my local high street have gone. The pandemic has really changed my thoughts on shopping. I don’t feel the need to buy as many clothes or coffees and found I tended to do that out of boredom/for something to do. I also don’t like the thought of just buying clothes from stores and wearing them straight away - nowadays I’ll wash them first before wearing them as you don’t know who’s touched them, sneezed on them, tried them on in the changing rooms and decided against it.. blechkt. 🤢

Not really fussed. Living rurally like I do means I'm use to online shopping and the thought of being in a shop and people not social distancing panics me.

Reactions: 2
I can’t freaking wait. Me and my boyfriend/best friend love going on days out to The Trafford Centre or Liverpool to just browse and then go for food. It’s just a nice day out especially as I’m so bored of going on walks to nowhere. Won’t be going until I feel like I need something as I’ve been online shopping a lot recently and can’t be arsed with the types of people that will be lining up the day they reopen 😅
I’m going to Manchester / Trafford Centre in May for my Mums 50th birthday - can’t go for a meal but can go shopping & have a drink outside 🤣

Reactions: 1
I'm excited as shopping is my escape from the kids. I miss changing rooms though. Wonder when they'll ever come back. I hate having to buy 4 pairs of trousers to take home and see which one fits.

On the day the shops closed down I went and bought a few tops from H&M, drove to the quiet end of the car park, tried them on in my car and took back the ones I didn't want straight away 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm planning on buying a new crash helmet, it's not a wise to buy online, it's best to try one on in the shop to to get one that fits properly, stores now provide disposable balaclava's for people trying on helmets. Before I buy my helmet I will need to get a haircut, it's to do with the fitting of the helmet.

I absolutely CAN NOT wait. I’ve had hair, nails and beauty appointments booked since the beginning of March. I sit quite often thinking about browsing the sale rails in H&M instead for of monotonously walking like a robot up and down the aisle in bloody Asda. I use browsing as a stress release, like a hobby really (I think it is genetic because my Mum is a professional 😂.) Not always to buy, just to be cheered up by looking at colours and fabrics.

I’ve come to have quite a loathing for internet shopping. Clicking through a website will never replace the real thing for me. So yes I’m a little excited and will be screeching ‘freedom’ this week 😁

Reactions: 5
I’ve got a threading appointment on Tuesday, nails on Friday! Just need to shift the Lockdown Stone and I might feel a bit more normal then. I have booked a day off work in a few weeks time when hopefully the furore has died down and I can have a good old mooch around Manchester 😍

The shop choices here are rubbish i need to go to Liverpool to do a good shop 🤣

I'm going to wait until May until the fuss dies down . It's just nice to know our city centre is open 😁.

Same! I live in between Liverpool and Manchester so just go there, I find there’s more choice in Manchester though 😍
Same i don't drive so it's easier for me to get to Liverpool, I do love Manchester and the Trafford Centre though. My sister lives in Manchester so when we visit we usually go shopping!

I'm excited as shopping is my escape from the kids. I miss changing rooms though. Wonder when they'll ever come back. I hate having to buy 4 pairs of trousers to take home and see which one fits.

On the day the shops closed down I went and bought a few tops from H&M, drove to the quiet end of the car park, tried them on in my car and took back the ones I didn't want straight away 😂😂
Changing rooms are reopening again when the shops open tomorrow. I am really pleased about this as not being able to try things on and having to return things was really annoying. Being able to try things on before you buy them is one the main advantages the High St has over online shopping, so it makes sense to get them open.

I love shopping and generally prefer to shop in person rather than online so I'm pretty excited about the shops reopening. I do think the restrictions have sucked a lot of the fun out of shopping though, not being able to stop for a coffee or even take a seat anywhere makes for a dull and tiring shopping trip, but we need to start somewhere. I'll give it a week to calm down before I go to the shops but it settled down pretty quickly last time. I avoid shopping in Manchester city centre and the Trafford Centre in the school holidays anyway.

I've been through my summer clothes and have a list of things I'd like to buy to update my wardrobe, and I also want to go to Ikea for a particular pillow. I am booked in at the beautician tomorrow, the hairdresser on Saturday and a massage next Monday, so I've got more than enough to keep me occupied for the time being :LOL: .

• Heart
Changing rooms are reopening again when the shops open tomorrow. I am really pleased about this as not being able to try things on and having to return things was really annoying. Being able to try things on before you buy them is one the main advantages the High St has over online shopping, so it makes sense to get them open.

I love shopping and generally prefer to shop in person rather than online so I'm pretty excited about the shops reopening. I do think the restrictions have sucked a lot of the fun out of shopping though, not being able to stop for a coffee or even take a seat anywhere makes for a dull and tiring shopping trip, but we need to start somewhere. I'll give it a week to calm down before I go to the shops but it settled down pretty quickly last time. I avoid shopping in Manchester city centre and the Trafford Centre in the school holidays anyway.

I've been through my summer clothes and have a list of things I'd like to buy to update my wardrobe, and I also want to go to Ikea for a particular pillow. I am booked in at the beautician tomorrow, the hairdresser on Saturday and a massage next Monday, so I've got more than enough to keep me occupied for the time being :LOL: .
Brilliant, thanks for that info. I thought it would be ages before they opened the changing rooms up again. Only problem is it will make my shopping trips longer with all the trying on 😂

• Haha
Can’t wait for my local paper to show all the chavs queuing for primark at 5am with babies in buggies and greggs pasties. Can you be that desperate for black leggings 😂

Got a Clark’s appointment for the kiddos tomorrow, they literally have no shoes that fit them and Clark’s don’t accept vouchers online (and guess what the grandparents got them for Christmas 😂)

Brilliant, thanks for that info. I thought it would be ages before they opened the changing rooms up again. Only problem is it will make my shopping trips longer with all the trying on 😂
It's not been well reported it, but I heard about it (I think someone on here mentioned it on another thread) and checked up - it's in the retail trade press so it's definitely true. They might not do it in all shops but I bet bigger shops will open up the changing rooms, I can imagine the retail industry has been pushing for it. All the returns processing must be driving them mad too!

I do all of my clothes shopping online nowadays but desperately miss being able to try things on in a shop before buying.

I think only some of the department stores like Selfridges were doing it last time, I’m glad this is happening now! Such a faff having to return stuff, that’s where online wins.