Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marwood

Hey all! Thought I'd resurrect this in hopes of some suggestions in case anyone has any tips this year for where to shop for:

Really soft thermals
Soy or coconut wax candles with good throw (preferably with Christmassy scents 🎄)
Good slippers with strong soles

Reactions: 2

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I like online shopping less than I used to purely because the Post Office where I live has closed, meaning it is more effort for me to go to the next town to find a post office to do my returns. Especially when the one in the next town is in the middle of the town, but I have to park at one end or the other and walk to the middle.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I’m much more excited about the pubs reopening - although I do prefer browsing a shop to a website for clothes.

I don’t often actually GO shopping, but I’m looking forward to having it as an option to decide against

conrea37

VIP Member
Gutted, I’d booked a day off in the next couple of weeks to go and explore the shops for the first time in months, I was soooo excited! I’ve only gone and broken my ankle today 🥺 going nowhere!!!
Oh god I’m so sorry, I hope you’re not in too much pain xxx

• Heart
  • Sad

RR20

Hey all! Thought I'd resurrect this in hopes of some suggestions in case anyone has any tips this year for where to shop for:

Really soft thermals
Soy or coconut wax candles with good throw (preferably with Christmassy scents 🎄)
Good slippers with strong soles
For good slippers I would recommend UGG as I got a pair for Xmas a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Not really fussed. Living rurally like I do means I'm use to online shopping and the thought of being in a shop and people not social distancing panics me.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I can’t freaking wait. Me and my boyfriend/best friend love going on days out to The Trafford Centre or Liverpool to just browse and then go for food. It’s just a nice day out especially as I’m so bored of going on walks to nowhere. Won’t be going until I feel like I need something as I’ve been online shopping a lot recently and can’t be arsed with the types of people that will be lining up the day they reopen 😅
The shop choices here are rubbish i need to go to Liverpool to do a good shop 🤣

under the ivy

VIP Member
I can’t freaking wait. Me and my boyfriend/best friend love going on days out to The Trafford Centre or Liverpool to just browse and then go for food. It’s just a nice day out especially as I’m so bored of going on walks to nowhere. Won’t be going until I feel like I need something as I’ve been online shopping a lot recently and can’t be arsed with the types of people that will be lining up the day they reopen 😅
I’m going to Manchester / Trafford Centre in May for my Mums 50th birthday - can’t go for a meal but can go shopping & have a drink outside 🤣

Reactions: 1

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
That’s ace😂😂😂 I love a bargain! TK Maxx is my bargain go-to, managed to get a visit in last week before I did my ankle in.
Oh I haven’t been to TK maxx yet! They’re amazing for year round bargains 😍 I always find good home stuff in there

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Oh god I’m so sorry, I hope you’re not in too much pain xxx
Thank you 😘 I’m actually fine, it’s just throbbing. It’s just the inconvenience of everything and I was sooo looking forward to just having a mooch around a physical shop. I love it when seasons change and new stock comes in. I’ll just have to wait 😞 xx

Definitely high street if the changing rooms are open, soooo fed up with ordering everything in 2 sizes and sending half back now
Apparently it’s up to the shop whether they open the changing rooms up, I know exactly what you mean!

coconochanel

VIP Member
My sentiments exactly 🤣 there are a few things I could do with getting, but nothing that can’t wait a little longer. It’s still Easter holidays for another week where I am, so I’ll not risk the madness just yet!
Aww yes forgot about kids being off school I will wait until they go back then. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Marwood

Thank you all so much! I'll have a look in M&S and on the Uniqlo website - I have bad teenage memories of Uggs but worn actually as intended I do remember they made great slippers 😂
I'd really recommend WXY Candles. They are plant based (soy wax) and reasonably priced IMO. The aesthetics of the candle is on point too; minimalist and sleek (definitely something you'd genuinely want to 'recycle' as a pen holder or whatever once the candle runs out). I bought my one on their website, but I think Next and Debenhams sell them too.

This is the one I'm burning now: https://www.wxycandles.com/the-shop/p/candle-bed
It's a cosy scent, kind of musky but with a touch of vanilla. I bought myself the reed diffuser version of 'bed' because I like the scent so much.
These look ideal and the price is right too - thank you!!

• Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Omg that’s such a bargain! And such a beautiful necklace too 😍😍♥
Thank you 🥰 Shouldn’t be sharing my secrets😜 but check out their jewellery online and instore, I’ve got loads of this stuff from there - and most of it is still sold on the HN Website!

• Heart

hypoharpy

I'm going to wait until May until the fuss dies down . It's just nice to know our city centre is open 😁.

hypoharpy

You do mean May THIS year... :ROFLMAO:
Yep 🤭

I want to go to Primark. That’s the only shop I can think of that I miss. We don’t have much money so I get most of my clothes and my sons clothes from there. Essentials like underwear, work clothes and summer clothes for my son. Very occasionally I have a splurge at Next on clothes for him (I barely buy anything for myself, and when I do I try and buy second hand) but Primark is great for cheap clothing and shoes. I know it’s ‘fast fashion’ or whatever but I get years of use out of the majority of stuff I buy from Primark!

I prefer online shopping at the moment over high street, my local town is terrible for shops and I can get much more variety online!
Primark is the only shop I miss too.

• Haha