Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
I'm planning on buying a new crash helmet, it's not a wise to buy online, it's best to try one on in the shop to to get one that fits properly, stores now provide disposable balaclava's for people trying on helmets. Before I buy my helmet I will need to get a haircut, it's to do with the fitting of the helmet.

Reactions: 1

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Same! I live in between Liverpool and Manchester so just go there, I find there’s more choice in Manchester though 😍
Same i don't drive so it's easier for me to get to Liverpool, I do love Manchester and the Trafford Centre though. My sister lives in Manchester so when we visit we usually go shopping!

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Thank you 🥰 Shouldn’t be sharing my secrets😜 but check out their jewellery online and instore, I’ve got loads of this stuff from there - and most of it is still sold on the HN Website!
Thank you for sharing your secrets 😉♥ I’ll check it out!!

• Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
For good slippers I would recommend UGG as I got a pair for Xmas a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.
I second this! I’ve had Ugg slippers for years now and they last a very long time. Very warm and comfy🙌🏾

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I could do with Primark for new cheap basics for wearing for work. But even though I'm not at work tomorrow there is no way in hell I'm going tomorrow. It's going to be murder in Primark stores tomorrow. Thankfully I stumbled across some decent work trousers on Groupon cheap the other day so I can manage leaving it a few weeks, just need some cheap basic tees/polos.

I'm trying to avoid doing too much shopping in general at the moment. I had a period where I was online ordering a lot from Zalando Lounge flash sales.

I'm working on the hope that if I don't look at clothes and things, I won't find things I want (but don't really need) so I won't buy them.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Gutted, I’d booked a day off in the next couple of weeks to go and explore the shops for the first time in months, I was soooo excited! I’ve only gone and broken my ankle today 🥺 going nowhere!!!
It must be the weekend for it as yesterday I cracked my ankle bone and tore some ligaments 😭 I hope you get comfier soon!

• Wow

Wifo1976

VIP Member
It must be the weekend for it as yesterday I cracked my ankle bone and tore some ligaments 😭 I hope you get comfier soon!
Oh no way! How did you do it? I was in a gym class, I was loving being back too 😌 hope you’re up and about soon xx

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hi @Scorpihoe ☺ I love a barg, what did you get?? I think it will be gone forever by the time I’m out!
Countless home bits (they had lovely Denby plate sets on sale), towels, candles, and some good quality professional clothes! I also got about 7 bras, they are amazing for bigger bust bras!

They had quite a few gift sets, perfume and makeup too but nothing I really liked/not my shade :) I asked a sales assistant there and she said they’re staying open til mid May (unless they sell everything first, then they’re closing early)

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Hey all! Thought I'd resurrect this in hopes of some suggestions in case anyone has any tips this year for where to shop for:

Really soft thermals
Soy or coconut wax candles with good throw (preferably with Christmassy scents 🎄)
Good slippers with strong soles
Thermals = M&S have a good range for men and women or you could try Uniqlo.

Beaversabout

Chatty Member
For good slippers I would recommend UGG as I got a pair for Xmas a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.
How do you wash these though? I saw online someone washed them in a bag in the washing machine and they turned out fine. Mine didn't though..🤔😕

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Hey all! Thought I'd resurrect this in hopes of some suggestions in case anyone has any tips this year for where to shop for:

Really soft thermals
Soy or coconut wax candles with good throw (preferably with Christmassy scents 🎄)
Good slippers with strong soles
I'd really recommend WXY Candles. They are plant based (soy wax) and reasonably priced IMO. The aesthetics of the candle is on point too; minimalist and sleek (definitely something you'd genuinely want to 'recycle' as a pen holder or whatever once the candle runs out). I bought my one on their website, but I think Next and Debenhams sell them too.

This is the one I'm burning now: https://www.wxycandles.com/the-shop/p/candle-bed
It's a cosy scent, kind of musky but with a touch of vanilla. I bought myself the reed diffuser version of 'bed' because I like the scent so much.

Tyla73

VIP Member
Brilliant, thanks for that info. I thought it would be ages before they opened the changing rooms up again. Only problem is it will make my shopping trips longer with all the trying on 😂
It's not been well reported it, but I heard about it (I think someone on here mentioned it on another thread) and checked up - it's in the retail trade press so it's definitely true. They might not do it in all shops but I bet bigger shops will open up the changing rooms, I can imagine the retail industry has been pushing for it. All the returns processing must be driving them mad too!

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I do all of my clothes shopping online nowadays but desperately miss being able to try things on in a shop before buying.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I think only some of the department stores like Selfridges were doing it last time, I’m glad this is happening now! Such a faff having to return stuff, that’s where online wins.
Changing rooms are reopening again when the shops open tomorrow. I am really pleased about this as not being able to try things on and having to return things was really annoying. Being able to try things on before you buy them is one the main advantages the High St has over online shopping, so it makes sense to get them open.

I love shopping and generally prefer to shop in person rather than online so I'm pretty excited about the shops reopening. I do think the restrictions have sucked a lot of the fun out of shopping though, not being able to stop for a coffee or even take a seat anywhere makes for a dull and tiring shopping trip, but we need to start somewhere. I'll give it a week to calm down before I go to the shops but it settled down pretty quickly last time. I avoid shopping in Manchester city centre and the Trafford Centre in the school holidays anyway.

I've been through my summer clothes and have a list of things I'd like to buy to update my wardrobe, and I also want to go to Ikea for a particular pillow. I am booked in at the beautician tomorrow, the hairdresser on Saturday and a massage next Monday, so I've got more than enough to keep me occupied for the time being :LOL: .

cosmo girl

VIP Member
Changing rooms are reopening again when the shops open tomorrow. I am really pleased about this as not being able to try things on and having to return things was really annoying. Being able to try things on before you buy them is one the main advantages the High St has over online shopping, so it makes sense to get them open.

I love shopping and generally prefer to shop in person rather than online so I'm pretty excited about the shops reopening. I do think the restrictions have sucked a lot of the fun out of shopping though, not being able to stop for a coffee or even take a seat anywhere makes for a dull and tiring shopping trip, but we need to start somewhere. I'll give it a week to calm down before I go to the shops but it settled down pretty quickly last time. I avoid shopping in Manchester city centre and the Trafford Centre in the school holidays anyway.

I've been through my summer clothes and have a list of things I'd like to buy to update my wardrobe, and I also want to go to Ikea for a particular pillow. I am booked in at the beautician tomorrow, the hairdresser on Saturday and a massage next Monday, so I've got more than enough to keep me occupied for the time being :LOL: .
Changing rooms it's down to the store/company. They are allowed too. I know some shops will not be re-opening the changing rooms yet.

conrea37

VIP Member
I love a bit of window shopping, but I won't be going near the shops until the initial rush is over!