Shoestring Renovation #3 The impending poo-show of two under two!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't want to live next to a MH facility for severe patients and I work in dementia care it's completely different. The two aren't comparable given she is likely talking about able bodied individuals with schizophrenia or something and many(not all) dementia patients are elderly and much less able bodied (although I've still come home with bruises).
But I wouldn't talk about it publicly given she is a medical professional.

She needs to use her massive budget to actually move away from the crappy location she lives in.

Reactions: 4
I don't actually like it. The kitchens small and there's barely room for a table and chairs. It's essentially what they have now but with more bedrooms.

ETA.. doesn't even have a bath. In a 4 bed house that's designed for a growing family? Weird.

Reactions: 3
I think I’ve found it, would this be the correct street name including the word - 🦀??
No. Just Google Halfords Romford and it's directly across from onw. There's only 2 and she said it's a Halfords that fixes cars appose to like a retail shop. I found it easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think I’ve found it, would this be the correct street name including the word - 🦀??
just post the link🤦‍♀️ she has already put up a pic of said house and if you are not posting the link out of concern for her privacy😂dont bother, she has already shown us where She lives 🤬🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Forgive me if I’m wrong, but could they not spend the money they’re spending on moving/mortgaging etc and just extend their house? It’s so similar to me in so many ways, but that’s just my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sharing as she gave away the location- opposite a Halfords in Romford
[/QUOTE]
So glad she’s not got it! She would ruin it with her granny decorating style. It’s gorgeous.

Does she realise how easy it was to work out by saying it's across from a Halfords? I know she's not bought this one but wow.

Reactions: 1
I viewed a house a few months ago was very similar to that house but with 6 bedrooms for £200,000. I will never understand people being happy to spend that amount of money knowing the area is tit and the house is overpriced.

Reactions: 5
I viewed a house a few months ago was very similar to that house but with 6 bedrooms for £200,000. I will never understand people being happy to spend that amount of money knowing the area is tit and the house is overpriced.
Omg where do you live? Is it nice? I’m between Bristol and Bath and it’s crazy here too.

Have to agree as a nurse I wouldn’t be sharing my opinions on people with mental health issues so openly! Looks awful to discuss a vulnerable group of people like that on social media.

Also I doubt they are unsafe/unstable people if they are being placed in the community! Things will have been risk assessed.

She has openly suffered with her own mental health so she ought to think before she speaks in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You’d be lucky to get a 2 bedroom flat for that anywhere down south to be honest.
We’re about 50 miles out of London and you’re still looking at at least £550,000 for a 4 bed house.

What a pointless post. A tit area still close to family is obviously going to be preferable to making to some rando area in the middle of nowhere for 200k.
Theres a reason some areas area cheap and some are expensive, it’s supply and demand. Houses are cheap in your area because less people want to live there.

Anyway has she talked about a holiday in the run up? Maybe I just missed it, I thought she was always whinging about being broke and living pay check to pay check but now it’s a holiday and upsizing their house??

Reactions: 6
What a pointless post. A tit area still close to family is obviously going to be preferable to making to some rando area in the middle of nowhere for 200k.
Theres a reason some areas area cheap and some are expensive, it’s supply and demand. Houses are cheap in your area because less people want to live there.
Depends where your priorities lie. I would rather be further from family and be able to afford a larger house in a nicer area, with beautiful scenery, cleaner air and lower crime. There’s a strange city mentality from some folk and I just don’t understand it.
Both of their jobs can be done from anywhere in the UK.
If you think people don’t want to live in North or West Wales, you’re very much mistaken.

Reactions: 11
Depends where your priorities lie. I would rather be further from family and be able to afford a larger house in a nicer area, with beautiful scenery, cleaner air and lower crime. There’s a strange city mentality from some folk and I just don’t understand it.
If you think people don’t want to live in North or West Wales, you’re very much mistaken.
It doesn't depend on priorities it depends on circumstances. With two young child that need childcare whilst you work it makes sense to stay near family for now. It's not her forever home she's already said that.

Reactions: 5
She’s moving because she is bored and wants new content plain and simple! This is the woman who was very recently crying that they were penniless and worried how to pay their current mortgage. Now all of a sudden it’s holidays and new homes. Her house is perfectly suitable for them at the moment and for a good time to come those kids can share a room and probably enjoy it. Shes just a brat and wants what she wants!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Exactly this especially because she doesn't even like her mum and they don't seem to help that much to warrant staying in an expensive and rough area
---
It doesn't depend on priorities it depends on circumstances. With two young child that need childcare whilst you work it makes sense to stay near family for now. It's not her forever home she's already said that.
I didn't think her parents provided that much child care due to the dog and her mum not wanting to change clothes or something for Dusty's allergies