Shannen Joyce #11 Lads it’s been said again and again but there is nothing that gets past a tattler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You've never went to a funeral as a day out?
Have to say I've never gone to a funeral as a day out. I usually go to mourn and offer my condolences. I've also never gone to a funeral of someone I've only met once or twice. And funny enough I've never gone to a funeral and tagged meself having cocktails there. I could be weird though 🤷‍♂️🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 39
You've never went to a funeral as a day out?
Funeral as a day out .......wow , a 34 year old woman has died leaving behind two young girls but let's go to Longford for a day out and a piss up ........wow
ETA. She wasn't particularly close with this woman , I understand some people say when I die I want a party thrown to celebrate my life ,but I'm guessing that would be for actual friends not someone looking for a pat on the back for moving her launch 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 19
I’ve also never gone to a funeral for a f*cking “day out”. Is that actually for real like

Reactions: 17
Clearly, anyone that goes for the piss up or a day out at a funeral hasn't been affected closely by death, or has the brain the size of a pea when it comes to morals.

Reactions: 20
An oul wan who lives over the road only leaves the house for funerals. We called her months mind.

Maybe she’s now on tattle?? Howya Mrs. Quinn 👋

🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Listen folks there's no other funeral like an Irish one.
My mother had a hard battle with cancer and whilst we paid respects I think it's well known that there's a massive piss up. We had the best craic, it's what she would of wanted.

Reactions: 4
The best craic? Each to their own I guess. There’s no doubt about it that pubs and drinking tend be a central feature of Irish funerals but any I’ve been to have always been somber and respectful affairs, especially when the person who passed is young. I certainly would not be tagging myself in the pub drinking on the eve of their funeral.. I find that so tacky.

Reactions: 35
The best craic? Each to their own I guess. There’s no doubt about it that pubs and drinking tend be a central feature of Irish funerals but any I’ve been to have always been somber and respectful affairs, especially when the person who passed is young. I certainly would not be tagging myself in the pub drinking on the eve of their funeral.. I find that so tacky.
Agreed. Very contradictory to be emotional on socials and then be out necking cocktails...

Reactions: 9
Yeah the whole process throughout really helped us as a family. Sharing funny memories and laughing on easier times. I think alot of people use humour as a coping mechanism. I know I do. Don't get me wrong I cried alot! Funerals can be a time where alot of family members/ friends come together whom you maybe haven't seen in a while.
That being said, I didn't blast anything on social media and remained respectful throughout, so I agree with the constant posting etc online.
Dunno think my point is, every one grieves differently, doesn't mean it can't be done respectfully.

Reactions: 1
I understand the need for family and friends to get together at a time like this. In my country when a person dies, neighbours and friends make a food dish or wine and bring it to the house, after the burial people then go back and have a meal and some wine and talk about your memories of the person.
Tagging yourself drinking a cocktail the night before though is not in good taste.

Reactions: 14
I understand the need for family and friends to get together at a time like this. In my country when a person dies, neighbours and friends make a food dish or wine and bring it to the house, after the burial people then go back and have a meal and some wine and talk about your memories of the person.
Tagging yourself drinking a cocktail the night before though is not in good taste.
No I agree with tagging yourself drinking etc online I think that's disrespectful and poor taste

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.