Shamima Begum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is extremely sad that she has lost another child. I believe the baby died from pneumonia.

Reactions: 1
Won't be popular POV but to be blunt I wonder two things
  1. Was there actually a baby ?
  2. Is it actually dead or is it all a spin story
Sorry but I simply can't help but be cynical of any news coming out from there.
There is confirmation by ‘independent’ aid workers/medical staff that the baby died from pneumonia.
However, due to the issue of Shamima being allowed back due to her having a child or even the fact a lot of this has relied on tugging on heartstrings...I suspect there will be a few people with the same questions you have.

There is confirmation by ‘independent’ aid workers/medical staff that the baby died from pneumonia.
And do they confirm the baby is/ was actually hers by blood and not just one lent/ borrowed/ bartered from some other woman ?
Sorry (not sorry) but these people lie lie and lie all the time.

Reactions: 9
And do they confirm the baby is/ was actually hers by blood and not just one lent/ borrowed/ bartered from some other woman ?
Sorry (not sorry) but these people lie lie and lie all the time.
This is so true! Has thier been any photos to show she was pregnant?

I'm a new member here, originally joined to read about Mrs Hinch, and I've been intrigued by all kinds of threads and being able to discuss my opinion freely is a breathe of fresh air.

It's incredibly sad her baby has died, that said she CHOSE to go there.
Do I feel she was failed by UK government, no, again she made the decision to go there, that and the loss of her babies are because of her choice to leave this country and the care it provides.

I myself lost my son at full term last year, its horrific, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I went into hospital with him alive, I left with my arms empty. The NHS is struggling as it is, and she expected to just waltz back in and take advantage of it, it grinds me something chronic.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Maybe because I’m younger that I feel differently to a lot of you all; she was groomed and abused at 14-15. She was a child. Stolckholm Syndrome is a real condition, as well as psychological damage through abuse and grooming.

She should be return to the U.K. and rehabilitated, like other white IS fighters (Jihadi Jack). Stripping her citizenship without any legal backing creates an awful precedent for the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I see there is now rumours that she wasn't even pregnant and she was just holding blankets. Isn't there a hand poking out of the blankets in one picture though?

I am sorry but until they produce evidence that she was pregnant and the child died I choose not to believe her.
As I said the child may simply have been borrowed or given to her
I am well past being simply cured with all this crap and being expected to care.
I don't I care about my family my friends and people here who are at risk of being injured by these medieval backwards hateful cultish scum

I remember all to very well the small amount of refugees we were going to take they were all going to be children except...……….
Except they were NOT children some were but many were not they were young men it was a total farce
People like us called it out we said they are not children what is going on. We were told we were racist we didn't understand they were children but they maybe looked a bit different to us due to the horrors they had seen
The government responded by erecting big screens so we couldn't see these people coming in anymore
Then the stories started of the foster parents being suspicious having issues being concerned about the behaviour of these children
There are gangs of youths in this country who are so viscous so bloodthirsty so savage that our own home grown thugs are scared of them.
Thats bad enough without having to worry about some girl who went on the internet saw some beheading videos thought "ooh how lovely" stole/ borrowed her sisters passpsort and fucked off to get involved with a death cult that hates western values. Some girl who when it all goes tits ups thinks I know Ill nip back home
Respectfully you can claim she has been groomed but we have a saying
Its "own your own tit" and look after your own and I prefer to do that

I wont get onto the subject of logistics and timescales as to being another reason why this "ain't our fault"
I realise this is a bit of a rant but we have had so much time resources and crap tied up with sorting out the mess that these people leave that I think enough is enough

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Out of curiosity, how do you feel about western governments, including UK, supporting the Saudis?

She was groomed, and I don’t think we as a society understand grooming of this type at all. In 20 years we’ll be shocked at our attitudes to her.

I was close to authorities dealing with some of the street grooming gangs in one of the Majorly affected cities (also referred as Asian grooming gangs) and those groomed and abused girls were thought of as runaway slags from bad families.
They may not have used that language but 14 year olds disappearing from care homes and returning days later in the back of a mini cab was just seen as evidence of how brazen And out of control they were, no reflection of the men using them.

I think *most* people look back on that now and feel ashamed. But it was a different time

that said, I don’t Think SB is particularly important. look at The number of Radicalised young men returned to the U.K.- when do you hear about them? We hear about her because she’s a woman. Good old fashioned misogyny.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
By deporting the girl and making her stateless, does this not set an inherently -racist- precedent that any BAME/POC who commits a heinous crime can be made stateless (or deported) back to a country of their origin even though they were born in the UK? She should be tried in the UK and answer for her crimes here. Whether she's here or there, neither will be a life of leisure for her.

The news makes this girl out to be much older than she was at the time. She was 15 years old and heavily radicalised. She WAS failed by everyone around her. Schools, parents, family, GP, friends etc. Grooming is incredibly scary, especially in this day and age and a 14 year old who probably hadnt been used to male attention was an easy target as kids can be easily moulded at that age. I know girls in their bloody 20's who will change themselves for their boyfriends.

Its a very dangerous game they are playing here and all of the people in charge have their own agendas. I'll be honest, I haven't followed the case much.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I initially felt "duck her, she should never be allowed back". But after listening to a couple of solicitors talk about the case I realised that she should be brought back her to face UK justice. She is a citizen and she should be tried as such in our courts for her crimes. I don't think it's right to make another country take responsibility for her. The UK must take responsibility for the trial and punishment of its own criminals.

This is not about applying a soft touch to her, it's about the application of justice to UK citizens by UK courts.

Reactions: 14
The thing I don't understand about this is that anyone who comes from another country and commits crimes/ terrorism/anti-social behaviour etc , the attitude is 'send them back'. Begum was British, they are 'sending her back. It seems to be the same people who have the issue with both

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The thing I don't understand about this is that anyone who comes from another country and commits crimes/ terrorism/anti-social behaviour etc , the attitude is 'send them back'. Begum was British, they are 'sending her back. It seems to be the same people who have the issue with both
I think it's a bit different when someone is an international threat to security, went to join a terrorist group and committed heinous crimes which she chose to do at her own risk and through no fault but her own. She knew what she was doing. We're not comparing her to a rapist or someone who stabbed someone here, she is a terrorist and can't possibly come back into the UK with the mentality that it's okay to join a radical group and just be allowed back into the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am sorry but until they produce evidence that she was pregnant and the child died I choose not to believe her.
As I said the child may simply have been borrowed or given to her
I am well past being simply cured with all this crap and being expected to care.
I don't I care about my family my friends and people here who are at risk of being injured by these medieval backwards hateful cultish scum

I remember all to very well the small amount of refugees we were going to take they were all going to be children except...……….
Except they were NOT children some were but many were not they were young men it was a total farce
People like us called it out we said they are not children what is going on. We were told we were racist we didn't understand they were children but they maybe looked a bit different to us due to the horrors they had seen
The government responded by erecting big screens so we couldn't see these people coming in anymore
Then the stories started of the foster parents being suspicious having issues being concerned about the behaviour of these children
There are gangs of youths in this country who are so viscous so blood thirsty so savage that our own home grown thugs are scared of them.
Thats bad enough without having to worry about some girl who went on the internet saw some beheading videos thought "ooh how lovely" stole/ borrowed her sisters passpsort and fucked off to get involved with a death cult that hates western values. Some girl who when it all goes tits ups thinks I know Ill nip back home
Respectfully you can claim she has been groomed but we have a saying
Its "own your own tit" and look after your own and I prefer to do that

I wont get onto the subject of logistics and timescales as to being another reason why this "ain't our fault"
I realise this is a bit of a rant but we have had so much time resources and crap tied up with sorting out the mess that these people leave that I think enough is enough
The problem with your post is that it isn't really logical. You say "look after your own" you how you *prefer* to do that but without leaping to a race card it seems that only extends to white people because this girl was a UK citizen so how is it not looking after our own for her to have British justice?

"Send them back" is just hilarious, this is being said about British people who were born in the UK. It doesn't work and it is inherently racist. Is a UK citizen with German parents ever sent back to Germany? Of course not.

People don't like to hear it but this girl was BORN in the UK and just because you don't like what she has done doesn't make her any less British than you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@member3675 refugees aren’t terrorists though, so I don’t understand why you’re referring to them on a thread about a British woman who joined a terror organisation in Syria.

Is it because they’re all brown?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it's a bit different when someone is an international threat to security, went to join a terrorist group and committed heinous crimes which she chose to do at her own risk and through no fault but her own. She knew what she was doing. We're not comparing her to a rapist or someone who stabbed someone here, she is a terrorist and can't possibly come back into the UK with the mentality that it's okay to join a radical group and just be allowed back into the country.
You said "she knew what she was doing" and it was "no fault but her own" as opposed to a rapist or someone who stabbed someone? Do these people NOT know what they're doing and is is it not always their fault for raping/stabbing someone?
You cannot compare these situations. Someone who has raped someone chose to do so at their own risk and as you say, through no fault but their own. They premeditated the attack in many cases, just like terrorists do.

I don't agree she knew the magnitude of what she was doing. She was groomed. How is that HER fault? She was an impressionable teenager who was most likely easily led and very gullible. She doesnt look like the brightest bulb in the box does she? She can hardly string a sentence together. Someone like her is easy prey for radicalisation especially once you hear all the crap they fed her. I am NOT defending her actions and I completely agree she is a threat if she is allowed to live freely in this country but she will NEVER be allowed to do that. If she comes back, she will be in custody 100%. She will answer to her crimes and most likely spend her whole life behind bars. Her face has been plastered across worldwide news, do you really think this girl will live a peaceful life here? However right now, she is without consequences. For all intents and purposes, she is living wherever she is and Britain hasn't done anything which imo is even worse. She should be bought back, imprisoned for life and forgotten.

Whatever they do, it will set precedent for the future.

Reactions: 8
The first thing I notice when I see recent photos of this woman, are her eyes - they are filled with contempt. She has been radicalised, and therefore poses a threat to anyone she comes into contact with. She should not be allowed back in Britain.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.