Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossWhore

VIP Member
This final series was disappointing. The new characters added nothing other than tick boxing. They should have focussed on the original characters.

At the start of series 1 I never thought I would be willing on the Groff men. I think that family showed so much development through the series and both of them acted their roles beautifully with real sensitivity. That was the relationship I was invested in. I couldn’t give a toss about whether Otis and Maeve ended up together but I wanted Adam and his Dad to be able to love themselves and each other and be happy ❤
Right. I've stopped and watching the MAFSUK latest episode.

I started this thread and don't give a crap anymore lol

WhatABore

VIP Member
After watching Series 3 I went back and watched 1 and 2. She was kissing the ex when they got interrupted but Jakob found out they kissed and they split up, so he didn't know she was pregnant until she told him in series 3.

I also noticed on the rewatch that in Series 1 Otis mentions he is 16 and Maeve mentions she's 17 then in Series 2 she has her 18th but then in Series 3 she says to her Mum a few times 'I'm 17'!
Ahh! I should go back and watch the others 😂 can't remember at all.

It'd seem silly to make it someone else's baby and they not have made her sleeping with someone else part of the story. As it showed us their relationship and her finding out she was pregnant!
Although she did say she was quite far on when she found out if I remember. So was that before Jakob? 🤔 If so, again, wouldn't she work out dates 🤔
None of it makes sense!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Maybe it's just because I'm Scandinavian, but I find it completely unrealistic for a Swedish man to name his daughter Ola, even if she were to grow up in the UK. Ola is a boys name, like stereotypically Swedish boys name.
Was his wife Swedish too though? Plus he says to Otis that his wife chose Ola’s name?

Fairypop

VIP Member
Yes exactly there’s that Jakob quote and someone else says “you’re so busy trying to be a good guy you actually became a bit of a dick” - was that maeve ? Anyway, same point.

I love what they did with Gillian Anderson’s character this season as she deserved more story... I am also obsessed with her, what a woman.... becoming friends with Adams mum was a bit soap opera and forced but at the same time it was sweet and felt fresh to give screen time to a character like that. Again, in a lesser show she’d just be the downtrodden wife and slightly smothering mother, no more no less, with a handful of lines across the entire series.

Oh yeah and Otis’s dad is basically Jordan Peterson isn’t he ? That was funny
Ah yes of course I’d forgotten that part. I can’t remember who it was either though ha, I think either Maeve or Ola? But yes it’s the same point isn’t it!

Absolutely agree about Jean and Adam’s mum (Maureen?). I never gave much thought to her at all and, as you say, just assumed she was the typical downtrodden housewife. It was really nice to see her put her foot down for once and then to become friends with Jean.

I still don’t quite know what to think about Otis’s dad, he’s just a bit useless really isn’t he?

WhatABore

VIP Member
Watched the first episode of season 3. I will maybe watch one a day to make it last eight days.

This season needs to be the last. The school children look far too old to still be there and as much as I like Eastenders I don't need to see numerous former cast members in the show.
I think this is the last year they're in school 🤔

I think they've left it open for another season though. Seems that way

Dizzy

VIP Member
My teenage daughter who has always been a super fan, stopped watching after 2 episodes. She said it was unnecessarily graphic and hideously woke. I don't think I'm even gonna bother.