Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love it. If its ever on, I can't help but watch it.

Loved Aiden, hated Big. Loved Steve and Harry. I really like Miranda now I am older too.

Totally agree on Carrie's outfits, some of them are just crazy. I always wanted to wear the massive pants and sports bras she would wear to bed 🤣🤣

I wish it was on Netflix.
Its on Now TV on the entertainment package/Sky Comedy.

I've just finished the box set and did my usual weep at the end 😂 might stick the film on this weekend.

Reactions: 6
I love how not one single person has said they liked Trey 😂 of course no one does, he couldn't get it up! 🤣

I actually think Trey was a pretty decent guy he just wasnt for Charlotte. He wasnt abusive or nasty to her, I mean the cardboard baby was a massive duck up, but he wasn't a bad guy. It's just Harry was so amazing that people kind of forget about Trey. I adore Harry. I love how Charlotte ended up with someone so unlike her type and he was perfect for her

Reactions: 16
I actually think Trey was a pretty decent guy he just wasnt for Charlotte. He wasnt abusive or nasty to her, I mean the cardboard baby was a massive duck up, but he wasn't a bad guy. It's just Harry was so amazing that people kind of forget about Trey. I adore Harry. I love how Charlotte ended up with someone so unlike her type and he was perfect for her
Yeah Harry definitely was the best. Apart from sitting on the white chair naked 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watching sex and the city now makes me really dislike Carrie. She was so self absorbed! I’ll never forget the episode where she made Samantha go on that long train journey with her to San Francisco. Then when she realised she had a chance of banging Big she ran up to the hotel room and chucked Samantha out, when she was in the middle of having a bath!! What a mare!

The 2nd SATC movie was the worst though. When she had a witch fit because Big got her a new tv in the bedroom so they could cuddle and watch black and white movies together!!! Then she goes away and cheats on him!! Then somehow he ends up grovelling to her when she gets back. Such an unlikeable character!

Saying all that I do still love the series. Was such a coming of age show for me as I used to secretly watch it without my parents knowing. Samantha definitely made the show for me.

Reactions: 15
I bleeping love sex and the city - it is so comforting to watch and I love the NY setting
But
I
bleeping
HATE
CARRIE
SO
MUCH
She is vile. The episode when she confront Charlotte for not giving her money when she could sell all her stupid ugly ass shoes- and how can she afford all those shoes anyway AND a NYC appartment and eating out multiple times a day on her wage as a newspaper columnist? IT HAS ALWAYS BUGGED ME.
AND THE POST-IT EPISODE- got to be the most irritating and worst episode ever written of any series.
Samantha was always my fave - for a series that was supposed to be empowering for women and show us we don’t need no man- there was a great deal of obsessing over men.
and Carrie’s outfits were garbage
But yeah I LOVE IT

• Haha
Reactions: 17
so glad I found this thread I watched this clip on YouTube yesterday randomly and started re watching the series today and I can’t stand Carrie! I do wonder how much control SJP had in it or if she was just playing herssod
Also agree with what everyone has said it’s not really aged well but I still love it!
I adored Samantha I really wish they hadn’t split Samantha and Smith up I really loved them together!
Miranda I feel the older I’ve got the more I’ve understood her 😂🙈 she’s now one of my favourites. Again don’t know why they made Steve cheat 😭
The blokes in the show I loved smith, Harry, mr big, Steve and the hunky doctor Robert! As perfect as Aidan was I just couldn’t take to him it was as if he was too perfect! But still Carrie was a complete witch to him

Reactions: 7
I’m in my early 30s and have rewatched SATC almost constantly for the last decade 😆😆 I have the DVD’s and it’s the only reason I kept my old laptop with a disc drive. Now I just have it all recorded on sky. It’s just such a comfort watch for me.

I know lots of people have said it hasn’t aged well, but I don’t know that I agree because it’s a true indication of its time. I always try not to look back too much on what would be unacceptable now, cos I’m pretty sure in 10-20 years in the future, some things we allow present day will be offensive at that point.

I love Miranda, she’s the best friend and the most relatable I think. Carries showed some typical bitchy behaviour, and is an awful friend, BUT I think the times I’ve been most turned off her are the times I can see the most of myself in 🙈🙈
I loved the first movie, and while I appreciate how shite the second was, I still enjoyed it. It didn’t hold a flame to the series but it was a bit of harmless girly fluff.

Reactions: 16
I’m in my early 30s and have rewatched SATC almost constantly for the last decade 😆😆 I have the DVD’s and it’s the only reason I kept my old laptop with a disc drive. Now I just have it all recorded on sky. It’s just such a comfort watch for me.

I know lots of people have said it hasn’t aged well, but I don’t know that I agree because it’s a true indication of its time. I always try not to look back too much on what would be unacceptable now, cos I’m pretty sure in 10-20 years in the future, some things we allow present day will be offensive at that point.

I love Miranda, she’s the best friend and the most relatable I think. Carries showed some typical bitchy behaviour, and is an awful friend, BUT I think the times I’ve been most turned off her are the times I can see the most of myself in 🙈🙈
I loved the first movie, and while I appreciate how shite the second was, I still enjoyed it. It didn’t hold a flame to the series but it was a bit of harmless girly fluff.
I do the same, I watch it at least once every 6 months and I think I’ve watched the first film about 10 times since it’s been on Netflix 😂

I do the same, I watch it at least once every 6 months and I think I’ve watched the first film about 10 times since it’s been on Netflix 😂
I do it too. I watched the whole thing from start to finish back in February and I'm seriously thinking about watching it all again. Its just comforting to me and familiar.

Reactions: 5
Yay I’m so happy to find other gals still as obsessed as me 😍😍😂💓 If anyone has a few minutes to waste, my rundown on the main men:

Big- I’m def team Big, I love him, found him to be so charismatic and sexy! I actually think he had a great sense of humor, and he didn’t entertain Carries absolute notions, e.g when carries like what do you think of soulmates, and his answer is I like the word soul,I like the word mate-other wise you got me! Love it. I’m not sure what he did wrong throughout other than the moving to Paris argument, he was likely hoping she’d break up with him so he wouldn’t have to😆😆 she’s harrrrd work so I dont blame him

Aiden- It’s like you have to choose between Aiden and Big, but tbh I did love Aiden too! He was such a lovely guy, so homely and almost the anti-Big. Carrie treated him so badly, he brought out the worst in her character, but I think it’s cos they just weren’t suited.

Harry- the unsung hero! He is the actual greatest husband, the perfect antidote to Charlottes highly strung-ness. I think their relationship once they got past their early day niggles is goals.

Steve- another absolute gent, if a little bit of a wet blanket. I loved that he cheated in the movie, and that she forgave him trying to work through it. Happens so many families and the attitudes always if he/she cheats, kick them to the curb, but I loved the angle that sometimes the relationship breaks down and can be saved. Totally unexpected for the show I thought

Trey- I liked Trey, he’s such a upper class American stereotype but I thought he was lovely and treated Charlotte so well. His only fault was being himself. I felt so bad for him when he bought the cardboard baby, and tried to garner some support from the girls. He obvs thought they were a little bit his friends then too, and I think he realised then that he wasn’t 🙈🙈poor taste maybe, but harmless

Loved Robert for Miranda too, and Denise was a sweetie for Steve. Would have loved to see how that would have turned out, a great blended family dynamic storyline

Smith was a sweetheart, so romantic and sexy! He could handle Samantha, and was so supportive and understanding. Forgave her cheating right in front of him, and never once threw it back in her face. Wish they’d worked out

Hate Berger, and Petrovsky for obvious reasons😖 Think that’s everyone?? 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yay I’m so happy to find other gals still as obsessed as me 😍😍😂💓 If anyone has a few minutes to waste, my rundown on the main men:

Big- I’m def team Big, I love him, found him to be so charismatic and sexy! I actually think he had a great sense of humor, and he didn’t entertain Carries absolute notions, e.g when carries like what do you think of soulmates, and his answer is I like the word soul,I like the word mate-other wise you got me! Love it. I’m not sure what he did wrong throughout other than the moving to Paris argument, he was likely hoping she’d break up with him so he wouldn’t have to😆😆 she’s harrrrd work so I dont blame him

Aiden- It’s like you have to choose between Aiden and Big, but tbh I did love Aiden too! He was such a lovely guy, so homely and almost the anti-Big. Carrie treated him so badly, he brought out the worst in her character, but I think it’s cos they just weren’t suited.

Harry- the unsung hero! He is the actual greatest husband, the perfect antidote to Charlottes highly strung-ness. I think their relationship once they got past their early day niggles is goals.

Steve- another absolute gent, if a little bit of a wet blanket. I loved that he cheated in the movie, and that she forgave him trying to work through it. Happens so many families and the attitudes always if he/she cheats, kick them to the curb, but I loved the angle that sometimes the relationship breaks down and can be saved. Totally unexpected for the show I thought

Trey- I liked Trey, he’s such a upper class American stereotype but I thought he was lovely and treated Charlotte so well. His only fault was being himself. I felt so bad for him when he bought the cardboard baby, and tried to garner some support from the girls. He obvs thought they were a little bit his friends then too, and I think he realised then that he wasn’t 🙈🙈poor taste maybe, but harmless

Loved Robert for Miranda too, and Denise was a sweetie for Steve. Would have loved to see how that would have turned out, a great blended family dynamic storyline

Smith was a sweetheart, so romantic and sexy! He could handle Samantha, and was so supportive and understanding. Forgave her cheating right in front of him, and never once threw it back in her face. Wish they’d worked out

I agree with all of this.
I loved Harry, inperfections and all, and how he was the complete opposite of prim and proper Charlotte but he was still perfect for her. I also loved in the film where she said about feeling happy every day with him. Also that he was bald and talked with his mouth full but she loved him anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I am also team Big. I've always gone for the charismatic hard to get guy over the easier more suitable option Haha. Aiden actually irritated me, he was almost too conventional and perfect, I could totally see why Carrie wasn't feeling it. Most of my friends think I'm crazy and that Aiden was the perfect guy!

Agree on all your other points (although Steve's girlfriend was called Debbie 🙂) I absolutely loved Robert (come to mama 😍😍😂) I personally would have stuck with him as found Steve too much of a little boy, but him and Miranda work)

In regards to Berger, I actually thought out of all the guys he was probably the most suited to Carrie. But the writers turned him into an insecure douchebag halfway through when before that he was actually fine. I hated his guts at the end, but originally he was an ok guy.

Watching sex and the city now makes me really dislike Carrie. She was so self absorbed! I’ll never forget the episode where she made Samantha go on that long train journey with her to San Francisco. Then when she realised she had a chance of banging Big she ran up to the hotel room and chucked Samantha out, when she was in the middle of having a bath!! What a mare!

The 2nd SATC movie was the worst though. When she had a witch fit because Big got her a new tv in the bedroom so they could cuddle and watch black and white movies together!!! Then she goes away and cheats on him!! Then somehow he ends up grovelling to her when she gets back. Such an unlikeable character!

Saying all that I do still love the series. Was such a coming of age show for me as I used to secretly watch it without my parents knowing. Samantha definitely made the show for me.

What annoys me about the show is that the girls just totally accepted Carries behaviour as if it was one of her quirks and loved her anyway! I can think of 2 occasions where Miranda and Stanford pulled her up on her self absorbed ways, but other than that most people just accepted it! One of the worst Carrie moments was when they went to Atlantic City and its Charlotte's Birthday. She is newly divorced and all she wants to do is have a drink with some nice guys in the bar but Carrie says no and drags her away, then 10 minutes later dumps her so she can buy salt water taffy! On her birthday! Omg I wanted to snack her 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Samantha was always my fave purely because she was always upfront about who she was and what she wanted. I liked her with Smith but I also respect that they didn't leave them together in a typical 'happy ending' and that Samantha got to be her fierce, independent self.

I liked Charlotte but obviously some of her views were a little dated. It'd be nice to see a reboot where she starts to educate herself on issues and uses her privilege to become an advocate of some kind. I loved her and Harry, they seemed to have such a healthy, balanced relationship. Apart from when she lost her tit one night when he was watching TV at dinner and she basically said she was embarrassed by him. That was awful, and he was clearly really hurt - he obviously always thought he was punching anyway but then when she agrees, it's a massive blow.

Miranda was a little bit too snarky for me to begin with, but I think Steve and the baby brought out a slightly softer side to her and I liked that she always called the other girls on their bullshit.

I think the problems with Carrie have already been well documented, but I think her and Big belonged together. Yes he was an arse but I think they were each other's 'great love' if you get what I mean. Aiden was lovely, but him and Carrie were never well suited - when he took her to his cabin and all she did was moan and sulk the entire time, and then invited the man she cheated with ?!?!?! Aiden didn't deserve it, and I'm glad he found the right person for him.

In the first film, I actually sympathised with Big 😂 I think he said all along he only wanted a small, low key wedding and that was what they agreed. Then the entire thing spiralled out of control and ended up being this massive affair, I kinda get why he freaked out. The wedding they actually had in the registry office with her in that white suit (I think?) was so much more them.

I've watched the series 4 times and I like both movies, yes even the second one!

I can't pick a favourite out of the 4 ladies but it's definitely not Carrie. I would've said Samantha until she was such a witch to SJP on Instagram and was passive aggressive about her on Piers Morgan. Annoys me she said no to a third movie.

I never understood the Petrovsky relationship, he wasn't handsome for an older guy and he wasn't a very nice person 🤷‍♀️ too self absorbed.

I'm definitely team Big, however the final break up episode with Carrie and Aiden makes me sob my heart out, it's so sad.

My highlight of visiting New York was seeing Carrie's apartment, just wow 😊
I did the SATC tour when I was in New York - my highlight was going to Aiden’s bar and drinking a Cosmopolitan!! Ahh, those were the days 😊 🍸

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I did the SATC tour when I was in New York - my highlight was going to Aiden’s bar and drinking a Cosmopolitan!! Ahh, those were the days 😊 🍸
Is there actually an official tour you can go on!? I tried to Google it and ended up on all sorts of dodgy scammy looking websites.

I'm planning to go to New York for my 30th (2.5 years away but its manifesting away in my head) and would love to do one!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Forgot another crappy carrie move- judging samantha for the BJ in the office situation, glad samantha told her straight up about not judging her for her cheating.

Reactions: 3
I don't understand how in the second film, Carrie cheats but it's Big that apologises by giving her a ring? Wtf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.