Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I will never understand the obsession with Big, Aidan was an absolute hottie 😍 loved him.

SATC got me through a bad break up, I always look on it fondly and when I hear Candi Staton’s You Got The Love in the last episode it gives me chills.

That said, I agree parts of it hasn’t aged well and Carrie can be totally self obsessed. Miranda was my favourite.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Allthevest20

VIP Member
Me and my friend rewatched it all recently and both said that Carrie was THE worst friend ever. Even when Miranda is struggling she waffles on about herself for one example. Nah thanks (I still love it though haha)

Reactions: 44

Dinnerbag

Chatty Member
Following on from a different thread, thought this topic needed its own thread....

I loved it, I was 17/18 when it first came out, watched all episodes and loved the first movie, second movie wasn’t that great.

started rewatching them at the start of lockdown....

why did I want to be like them all??
Why would I want to spend thousands on shoes, beg an ex for money, argue with a friend because she wouldn’t lend me money, be extremely selfish....

why would I want to work all hours god sends that the take away knows my order, I never see my child awake, I treat the father of my child like shit....and again selfish

why would I want meaningless relationships/sex and judge all men by their cock size??? Finally find someone that loves me and then cheat on them ???

why would I want to be a stay at home wife, dependant on my husbands money to pay for my amazing apartment??
There’s loads more as I’m sure you will all add to.....

I loved it but now I’m embarrassed by it, it’s still funny but not real life, doesn’t represent real women in the late 1990s early 2000s unless you were an it girl like TPT or the primrose hill gang or even the ladettes

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Mentioned this in the other thread, but thought it was very silly that Anthony and Stanford wound up together in the second film considering they couldn't stand each other in the series. That scene where Liza Minnelli pretends she's about to have a heart attack whilst performing Single Ladies at the reception was soo cringey too. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Pinkii

VIP Member
Love SATC. Watched it after every bad break up 😂 thinking I was Carrie.
Watching it as an adult now, wow Carrie is a horrible selfish person, in friendships and relationships.
Always found Miranda cold but now that i’m in my 30’s, I totally get her and feel like I am her now 😂

Reactions: 33

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
SJP and her son sat in front of me at a performance of Annie on Broadway. She came in just before it started, although an unconventional beauty, she was striking and her hair was amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Vanelope

VIP Member
I am #TeamKim - SJP did Samantha so dirty. Giving her cancer, making her “fat” in the first film (she wasn’t and it’s a problematic theme), her 50th birthday (so she’s so much older) and then breaking up her and Smith, who was a wonderful partner for her. Don’t even mention the 2nd film, it’s no wonder she didn’t want to return.

Carrie was an awful person, she was a terrible friend. Samantha was a better friend than she was. And Miranda was somehow the punchline of all the jokes when she was successful, made her own money and then managed to have a baby and get married and move to Brooklyn, she was ahead of the times. Charlotte only improved when they gave her Harry, he made her far more likeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Though I love the song Moon River . . . and when he put that on in empty apartment - gasp. I had big type relationships (without the wealth unfortunately) - eventually you do realise that banging the head against the wall (or bed head) HURTS! Carrie was an awful friend. Samantha could be pretty selfless. Remember her giving a struggling Miranda a coveted hair appointment and offering to babysit.
Samantha was the best friend to all of them, in my opinion. Giving Miranda her coveted hair appointment and babysitting Brady, doing PR for Carrie’s book at the cost of a lunch and two martinis, never judging Carrie for her affair with Big, her emotional reaction at Miranda’s mum’s funeral, and she was the only character to NEVER put men before her friends!

I really hate it when Samantha gets into a relationship with Maria and the others mock her and bitch behind her back.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Pinkii

VIP Member
Ooo also forgot, the Doctor Miranda was with. robert? He was yum and a good boyfriend

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Twopenniesworth

VIP Member
There’s not enough appreciation for Harry and Steve on this post 😂 when I watched it originally I was all for Aiden (and I still have a soft spot for him) but as a grown up I just love Harry and Steve. Especially Harry. I really love his and Charlottes relationship in the show 😍

Also watching it as an adult I really dislike Carrie. Such a selfish arrogant cow at times.

Sad about the Kim Cattrall and SJP falling out but I feel like I’m team Samantha.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Urgh! Samantha and Charlotte are the only characters I like, I don't think they need to bring it back so pointless

Carrie is the worst character, I don't care what she's doing now.

Let me guess Mr Big is having a midlife crises? Or maybe Mr Big is dead and the girls reunite for his funeral but Samantha can't come because she's stuck in London and Carrie has a night with Aiden

"And I thought to myself is there really love after death..?"

Zzzz

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Shinythings

VIP Member
Finished my rewatch. Here is my list of people who deserved better:

Skipper - they were so mean to him just for being a bit geeky.

Natasha - she was so lovely and kind and they just ripped her life apart.

Aiden - he put up with a lot of shit from Carrie, I'd have walked way earlier than he did. She didn't deserve that beautiful ring.

Smith - again, absolute sweetheart who deserved a happy ending and he put up with Samantha being so cold for a long time.

Robert- he was a great catch and didn't deserve to be cheated on.

Feel free to add to the list!

• Heart
Reactions: 23