Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes Love Harry! he was the perfect partner and they were my fav couple

steve was good but he still cheated when things got a bit tough.
Very True. I’m glad they worked through though but it shouldn’t of happened, I wish they hadn’t done that in the film but I guess it fit inline with the rest of the film.

Reactions: 3
Ooo also forgot, the Doctor Miranda was with. robert? He was yum and a good boyfriend

• Heart
Reactions: 26
This was my favourite show when I was in my early 20s. Now I'm in my 30s and I decided to watch the whole thing again recently and I couldn't help but wonder.. Is Carrie a massive witch?

I found myself really not liking her at all. I could see why all her boyfriends ended up running a mile. But no one can deny it was a great show.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If I could mish mash my sex and the city man he would look like Aiden 😍 but have Harry's personality, I loved him.
I always had a massive soft spot for steve though. Never got the big fascination still dont I never warmed to him at all.

Reactions: 7
Ooo also forgot, the Doctor Miranda was with. robert? He was yum and a good boyfriend
Aw yes I loved him. Especially when he bought a cookie with 'I love you' on it for Miranda. He can buy me one of those anyday. 😂

There’s not enough appreciation for Harry and Steve on this post 😂 when I watched it originally I was all for Aiden (and I still have a soft spot for him) but as a grown up I just love Harry and Steve. Especially Harry. I really love his and Charlottes relationship in the show 😍

Also watching it as an adult I really dislike Carrie. Such a selfish arrogant cow at times.

Sad about the Kim Cattrall and SJP falling out but I feel like I’m team Samantha.
Yeah I loved Harry too. He wasn't the traditional handsome man Charlotte wanted before but I loved their relationship throughout. I remember feeling a bit teary when they got back together after their split.

I liked Steve but he was a dick for cheating. Still, at least he had the guts to admit to it so they could work it through and I'm glad it worked out ok for them at the end.

I always wished Smith and Samantha had stayed together. They were good for each other.

Omg skipper, yes I remember him too. He just randomly disappeared didn't he?? Never saw or heard about him after the first couple series.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
This was my favourite show when I was in my early 20s. Now I'm in my 30s and I decided to watch the whole thing again recently and I couldn't help but wonder.. Is Carrie a massive witch?

I found myself really not liking her at all. I could see why all her boyfriends ended up running a mile. But no one can deny it was a great show.

I was in my late teens when I first watched SATC and Carrie was my idol. I loved her and wanted to be her. Now I'm in my late 30s I cannot stand her lol. She is self obsessed, shallow and just irritating. Miranda is actually my favourite now.

Im a die hard SATC fan and I still enjoy it, but it has to be said, that some aspects of the show havent aged that well.

Reactions: 13
I love the show but Carrie is honestly the worst protagonist. My favourite were Samantha and Miranda! The first movie also really annoyed me when she forgave Big yet again and then kissed Aiden in the second movie. So she had basically cheated on her two great loves with one another but moaned about Berger dumping her on a post it? She was proper entitled and uptight!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm tempted to start watching it from the beginning again because it's all still available on Sky. The first series is kind of annoying with all the random people talking to the camera though.

I must admit I've had a few fangirl moments recently because SJP has replied to me multiple times on Instagram. She's really good at responding to a lot of people on there.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Don't like that "modelizers" episode from the first series, with that horrible subplot where Carrie's friend films himself sleeping with random women without their knowledge.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I love the show but Carrie is honestly the worst protagonist. My favourite were Samantha and Miranda! The first movie also really annoyed me when she forgave Big yet again and then kissed Aiden in the second movie. So she had basically cheated on her two great loves with one another but moaned about Berger dumping her on a post it? She was proper entitled and uptight!

I honestly pretend the 2nd movie doesnt exist. Its an absolute tit show from start to end. I hated it. To be honest I adored the end of the TV show, the last episode was pure perfection, they didnt need the films. The 1st one wasn't too bad however, but I hated every second of the sequel.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It is enjoyable, but it's also ridiculous and basically just a group of gay guys reimaging their own lives over NYC women.

I'm team Kim Cattrall and think SJP is probably not that great of a person.

Also why is Magnolia Bakery seen as a thing? It barely featured, but still for years they get so much tourist business from it.

I love the last couple of episodes in Paris, they were so good. The first movie was good if not a bit too long. I didn't enjoy the second one.

The rumours are that Kim Cattrall wouldn't do a third movie because she wanted to be a producer and to have a say in everything, I think they said she wanted Samantha to die in the 3rd movie! Kind of glad they didn't bother in the end.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t realise until I was older go horrible Carrie was. And tbh I’m happy being more like Miranda. Miranda & Samantha are my fav Cory it’s their fab. But Carrie & even Charlotte I actually dislike as if their real people 🤣
Aidan was lovely Carrie was horrid to him.
The films I watched as I’m a big SATC fan but the series I much preferred

Reactions: 2
I’m not ashamed to say I loved, and still love SATC the series. It doesn’t matter if it hasnt aged well because it is very of it’s era (a lot of tv/films arent appropriate now). No women will admit it but I do think Carrie is relatable because every women has had moments like Carrie. I enjoyed the first film but the second was pure garbage. I wish it didnt exist 🤣

Reactions: 14
Love it. If its ever on, I can't help but watch it.

Loved Aiden, hated Big. Loved Steve and Harry. I really like Miranda now I am older too.

Totally agree on Carrie's outfits, some of them are just crazy. I always wanted to wear the massive pants and sports bras she would wear to bed 🤣🤣

I wish it was on Netflix.

I love how not one single person has said they liked Trey 😂 of course no one does, he couldn't get it up! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.