Sex And The City & And Just Like That #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i would 1000000% have read charlotte’s sex column 🤣 it’s crazy that all those “which character are you?” quizzes cast her as a sort of prim and delicate debutante when she was actually adventurous af!

sort of still on topic but the friendship between charlotte and samantha (and how it grows series to series) is one of my favourite dynamics. they never really spoke about it, but they got each other.
Charlotte seemed to regard sex as a series of lessons that she had to master at her very proper finishing school, along with embroidery and flower-arranging, and she approached it all with serious, competitive Head Girl energy, colour-coded folder in hand.

Samantha, meanwhile, was like Barbarella after breaking the Exsexsive Machine.

Both much funnier than the neurotic pair.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah, Charlotte, just off the top of my head:
Get super into rimming with Trey
Shagged Trey in multiple public places
Had sex with a photographer whilst dressed in drag
Considered a threesome and would have fully gone through with one had she not been pushed out of the picture by the other two involved
Spent a good chunk of time hanging out with a bunch of Power Lesbians
Had sex with a Hassidic man that she'd only just met
Allowed an artist to paint a portrait of her vulva (one of the funniest SATC moments IMO - "I bet you have a lovely bleep, dear".

And I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. Meanwhile, Carrie wouldn't even remove her bra during sex, got super freaked out at the notion of kissing Alanis Morisette, and the most risque place we saw her do it was on the floor of her apartment. Really unclear why she was the sex columnist, they should have really had Samantha and Charlotte write Sex and the City in the New York Star.
Ahh the painter one was such a good episode! Rewatched it recently and forgot how funny it was. “I used to paint full nudes, but as I got older I realized…that the truth was to be found only in the bleep!”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just rewatched the promo for the next episode.

Is there actually something wrong with Aidan? Carrie broke his heart TWICE over 20 years ago, he married another woman, had 3 kids and a whole other LIFE yet he’s behaving like…. I dunno…. this? So very strange.

I’d be waiting for the sinister plot twist if I wasn’t so confident the writers are far too lazy to conjure up anything remotely interesting at this stage. Big sigh 😔

Reactions: 15

Is there actually something wrong with Aidan? Carrie broke his heart TWICE over 20 years ago, he married another woman, had 3 kids and a whole other LIFE yet he’s behaving like…. I dunno…. this? So very strange.

I’d be waiting for the sinister plot twist if I wasn’t so confident the writers are far too lazy to conjure up anything remotely interesting at this stage. Big sigh 😔
Yeah, there's something up with Aidan. Maybe early onset dementia?

I know, I know, it's probably tit writing but the way he's acting I wouldn't be surprised if he was unmasked as the ghost of Big possessing Aidan to find out if Carrie really was more into him. If they think we are supposed to believe him as a character and him and Carrie as a couple the way the way they written it, they've really fucked it as it just seems entirely fake.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She thought the light show on the Eiffel Tower was hideous 🙄
---

You’re definitely not the only one!
---

Miss Hooley!!
I still occasionally ask my kids if it's a rainy day? And shout lunch lunch lunch.

They are teens - send help.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah, there's something up with Aidan. Maybe early onset dementia?

I know, I know, it's probably tit writing but the way he's acting I wouldn't be surprised if he was unmasked as the ghost of Big possessing Aidan to find out if Carrie really was more into him. If they think we are supposed to believe him as a character and him and Carrie as a couple the way the way they written it, they've really fucked it as it just seems entirely fake.
That just brought a vision of his Aidan mask being pulled off like in Scooby Doo! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thread suggestion- please stop Aidan in his tight whites, this revival is total shite 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I’m at the original when she’s dating him and honestly he was a cringey simp back then too.

Also probably an unpopular opinion but I’ve never actually liked Steve. He was such an annoying voice and was a proper man child. Like when he was watching bleeping cartoons and trying to convince Miranda they should have a baby. Like my dude, you can’t even afford a suit, how you gonna afford a baby. I know it’s not just about money but he was super immature. Like when he thought he’d win that basketball trick shot and kept throwing the ball against the walls and around her flat. If some guy did that in my flat I’d be raging too. I always felt Miranda could do better.

Phewwwwwww I gotta stop binge watching this.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

I made a new thread lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.