Sex And The City & And Just Like That #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry everyone, just made up a thread title! Seems wrong not to have one. Get em in for next time!

So, AJLT trundles on, episode 6 now showing. No spoilers in this post cos we haven't all watched it, though it fairly spoils itself at this point. So far we've had:

• Carrie has been dating again, fairly uneventful so far, but we eagerly await the return of Aiden!
  • The Artist formerly known as Miranda continues to disgrace herself with the worlds unfunniest Comedian, Che bleeping Diaz. She has been naked far too much and sometimes sports a strap on. We are all still crying about this
  • Charlotte's face is still doing weird things and her eyes are on the verge of popping out
  • No sign of Samantha yet, probably for the best given what they're doing with the others
  • Seema smokes and loses handbags, that's about it
  • LTW is a TYPE A PERSONALITY OK and has a rancid old hag for a Mother In Law, who she inexplicably won't stand up to despite being a STRONG WOMAN
  • Some awful stuff about Harry and his dry balls, best forgotten
  • Shteve is still reminiscent of Grampa Simpson, though is rocking quite a hot body
  • Some dull plot with Nya (is it?) that I can't even remember
I guess we're halfway through now guys, let's push on and put this thing to bed.

Old thread here

Let's goooooo!

and-just.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Right, I'm up to date with the threads. Recap above pretty much sums it up, thanks for doing the new thread! Been shopping, made a cup of tea and let's get this over with. It really is to be endured rather than enjoyed these days!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For shame, but I quite enjoyed that episode. Still lots of problems and random bits, but still felt it has a bit more substance and flowed a little better.

Also SJP has the most lovely hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thoughts on episode 6

I'm warming to Carrie a bit more, though I'm annoyed she wants to rake over old coals with Aiden yet again. I like Amanda (her agent?) Also, that duvet/sleeping bag combo Carrie went out in- where has she been storing it?! (I got the "let it go" line though!)

LTW and her husband don't naturally seem to fit in with the show at all, they feel like a totally separate strand

I was cheering for Steve until he backed down and got all apologetic. Cannot stand what a hypocrite Miranda was about him moving on. Che is a self pitying flake.

The Lily/Charlotte thing just did my head in! Just a farcical situation that felt like filler to give Charlotte something- anything- to do

• Heart
Reactions: 34
For shame, but I quite enjoyed that episode. Still lots of problems and random bits, but still felt it has a bit more substance and flowed a little better.

Also SJP has the most lovely hair.
I actually quite liked Carrie this episode but that duvet coat? What was that?!
---
Why does Seema only ever seem to spend time with Carrie and not the other girls?

Reactions: 10
Che filming the cameos in bed had me hollering out of 2nd hand embarrassment
bleeping hell Che is insufferable! Your partners settled down to go to sleep, and that’s the perfect time to start recording audio messages? What a prick. And feeling so bleeping sorry for themselves too, just yuck. Why was Carrie so desperate to get them to Widowcon?

Reactions: 35
Okay that was a rollercoaster. Thoughts below…

Che and Miranda’s relationship is so incredibly toxic and one-sided. Everything is on Che’s terms and Miranda the wilting wallflower doesn‘t seem to care? Please.

Carrie’s literary agent set her up with another writer in the 90s? We’ve literally seen the show… Carrie didn’t start writing books until the early 2000s. In the 90s she just had her column. This is lazy writing.

Carrie is wearing a full-blown itchy jumper in bed. Does this millionaire widow not have central heating?

Charlotte mentioned her ex husband!! I know this was a segway for the Aidan story but I would KILL for a Trey cameo!

I was watching whilst eating my dinner and the Steve and Miranda argument made me actually put down my knife and fork and stare in shock. Finally Steve gets a bit of bleeping agency in this show and tbh he was spitting facts! And that acting!! A+++

Literally burst out laughing when Che broke up with Miranda. Karmas a witch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I understand he still loves her but miranda deserved everything Steve yelled at her. I can't believe he apologised so soon.

And also, "in our bed". Miranda is more insufferable than Che. Escape while you can Che 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Well I thought the styling was abysmal throughout.

That hair on Seema is so ageing.

Not finished yet but so far I hate Che, I hate Miranda and yeah, don't see that changing soon.

Reactions: 16
Ok so.

Charlotte, tell your kid to hold off this time until she's got some condoms. This is a ridiculous storyline.

Carrie, no one is going to a convention in this weather it would be cancelled. This is a ridiculous storyline.

The bleeping audacity of Miranda just expecting Steve to move out and being annoyed he's slept with someone else. She should move out. Miranda has always been a dick to Steve. I really can't stand her anymore. Him and Aiden deserve better.

Please let this be the end of Che and Miranda forever.

Reactions: 39
Crying at Steve’s rant at Miranda. Every single word is the truth. But I’m so annoyed that he apologised to her, she doesnt deserve him in her life, never did.

Reactions: 26
I’ve got a confession to make. Sorry lads, but aside from the cameos bit, I actually didn’t mind Che this episode, plus she dumped whiny sad sack Miranda

IMG_6740.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.