Sex And The City & And Just Like That #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are a few things I didn’t like about the first movie but this bleedn handbag is up there.
6E03BD90-8943-4660-95FE-2544E2878962.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I loved when Samantha name dropped Smith to fast track an Oncologist appt but made sure the Nun she had been waiting with got the same treatment.
Oh I miss Smith! Where he waited for her at the bottom of the elevator, knowing she'd just bonked Richard.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Holy tit it's like something out of Balamorey. Is that the yoke she gave her assistant or whatever she was, Louise?
Yes. I’d honestly rather just carry everything in my pockets. Actually, I do that now.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That's why I loved Samantha, especially when she called Carrie out when Samantha was giving the delivery guy a blow job & Carrie walked in & afterwards was making snakey comments about it all judgemental, Samantha never pretended to be someone she wasn't, Samantha well & truly put her in her place.
I would judge a friend if I walked in on them in their workplace, giving the DHL guy a blow job. Just being honest, it’s tawdry AF.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Didn’t Samantha have a similar reaction to Carrie when she walked in on Stanford and his fella?

Reactions: 5
The DHL blowjob guy was a weird situ. It’s more just the by the by comments Carrie makes, usually when they’re at brunch or lunch.

"What apartment isn't lucky for Samantha?"
Miranda to Sam -How many guys have you slept with? Carrie - ‘on this continent’.

Comments like these are literally in every episode from mid season 2 onwards. Considering Carrie is meant to be a sex columnist one would assume she wouldn’t be so judgemental. But as ever Carrie is just a dick.

Ok I’m off to watch some more eps lol

Reactions: 28
The DHL blowjob guy was a weird situ. It’s more just the by the by comments Carrie makes, usually when they’re at brunch or lunch.

"What apartment isn't lucky for Samantha?"
Miranda to Sam -How many guys have you slept with? Carrie - ‘on this continent’.

Comments like these are literally in every episode from mid season 2 onwards. Considering Carrie is meant to be a sex columnist one would assume she wouldn’t be so judgemental. But as ever Carrie is just a dick.

Ok I’m off to watch some more eps lol
carrie was/is the most prudish sex columnist ever.

the everyoutfit podcast did a great summary a little while back where they pointed out how similar charlotte and samantha are, and that (through the course of the series) they sleep with really the same number of men and both do it in pursuit of a goal (samantha for her own personal needs, charlotte ticking lists to find the one). charlotte could also be freaky af with what she got up to 🤣 yet it’s only samantha that gets carrie’s snide comments. i do wonder, like mentioned above, if they increased the more SJP influenced the character.

Reactions: 22
carrie was/is the most prudish sex columnist ever.

the everyoutfit podcast did a great summary a little while back where they pointed out how similar charlotte and samantha are, and that (through the course of the series) they sleep with really the same number of men and both do it in pursuit of a goal (samantha for her own personal needs, charlotte ticking lists to find the one). charlotte could also be freaky af with what she got up to 🤣 yet it’s only samantha that gets carrie’s snide comments. i do wonder, like mentioned above, if they increased the more SJP influenced the character.
Wow, that's so interesting and true about Charlotte and Samantha. I have never thought of it like that. I did always think for someone portrayed as quite conservative, Charlotte did sleep with a lot of men.

Reactions: 12
That LV bag that Carrie gifted Louise honestly looks like it was made by the Jennifer Coolidge character from s6 with her hot glue gun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Wow, that's so interesting and true about Charlotte and Samantha. I have never thought of it like that. I did always think for someone portrayed as quite conservative, Charlotte did sleep with a lot of men.
And there was that early episode where Charlotte gets addicted to her Rabbit vibrator, and the friends have to intervene to get her to leave the house. That’s a very “Samantha” storyline that Carrie didn’t sneer at. But also, they’d never give that storyline to Carrie who’s supposed to be a sex columnist!

Reactions: 14
she was also always down to try risqué/borderline kinky stuff! it’s strange how differently the show, or i guess carrie as narrator, views her and samantha.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.