Sex and the City & And Just Like That #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started rewatching a few months ago and have re picked up this week at season 2, now onto season 3. Never been his biggest fan and always thought Miranda just settled, but this time around Steve is so annoying. He just forces a move into Miranda’s flat when they’ve only been together a short amount of time and just has such an annoying personality. Gives off “give me a cuddle” to drunk girl vibes.

Reactions: 4
Michael Patrick King absolutely wrecked the SATC characters, and AJLT is an international laughing stock. The best thing they could do for the franchise is bin him. It’ll never improve if he stays this hands on. He’s completely deluded and thinks the viewers and critics are the problem

Reactions: 12
I recently rewatched parts of the first movie and it’s so obvious how they separated Kim Cattrall from the rest of the cast. And not only that, they had the girls mock Samantha for the tiniest bit of weight gain ever. Horrible scene. Things must have already been really bad between her and the other three.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I recently rewatched parts of the first movie and it’s so obvious how they separated Kim Cattrall from the rest of the cast. And not only that, they had the girls mock Samantha for the tiniest bit of weight gain ever. Horrible scene. Things must have already been really bad between her and the other three.
I read recently that the big fallout apparently happened around the time of 9/11 so end of season 4 into season 5 which kind of explains some of Kim’s storylines around then.
Makes me sad as she pushed through and had such good onscreen chemistry with everyone while falling out behind the scenes.

Reactions: 9
I only learnt recently that the episode where Sam had a red face from her chemical peel was inspired by Kim’s fake tan going wrong in this pic. So mean!
IMG_9404.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Rosie O’Donnell playing Miranda’s new love interest Mary??

why give us a Mary when that was already the name of a character - Steve’s mum? Have these writers ever even watched this show?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I only learnt recently that the episode where Sam had a red face from her chemical peel was inspired by Kim’s fake tan going wrong in this pic. So mean!View attachment 2909740
I feel this only seems mean and sad in the context of it all. If they all got along great and were friends it would be seen as a joke between them all and be great that they could be friends on and off set and laugh at each other.

Reactions: 4
I feel this only seems mean and sad in the context of it all. If they all got along great and were friends it would be seen as a joke between them all and be great that they could be friends on and off set and laugh at each other.
Of course but we all know that’s not the case

What is the reason for the fallout?
I don’t think anyone can say for sure but there seems to have been a clash of personalities between Kim and Sarah, Samantha was obviously a very popular character and I don’t think Sarah liked that one bit
In season three Sarah’s mate Michael Patrick King took over as exec producer and apparently Kim felt really isolated after this

Reactions: 7
Rosie O’Donnell playing Miranda’s new love interest Mary??

why give us a Mary when that was already the name of a character - Steve’s mum? Have these writers ever even watched this show?! 😂
I also thought Rosie o’Donnell had been “cancelled” for being controversial, or am I thinking of someone else

Reactions: 1
I don’t think anyone can say for sure but there seems to have been a clash of personalities between Kim and Sarah, Samantha was obviously a very popular character and I don’t think Sarah liked that one bit
In season three Sarah’s mate Michael Patrick King took over as exec producer and apparently Kim felt really isolated after this
From what I remember it started off over money. Kim felt they ALL should get an increase after the 2nd season because of the success of the show. SJP was then given an executive producer title and given more money as a result. The other three didn’t. Kim thought SJP then got too big for her boots and it all escalated from there.

Reactions: 5
From what I remember it started off over money. Kim felt they ALL should get an increase after the 2nd season because of the success of the show. SJP was then given an executive producer title and given more money as a result. The other three didn’t. Kim thought SJP then got too big for her boots and it all escalated from there.
I’ve always wondered if there was a bit of jealousy from both and just two people that didn’t get along. SJP is still really popular in Hollywood, gets invited to big events, comes across nice in interviews, and a lot of people came back to work on AJLT years later. I’ve just always struggled to believe that she was this really evil bully when there only seemed to be one person who had a problem with her (as far as I’ve heard).

Reactions: 7