Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I might start putting in the item descriptions that any silly offers will be responded to with a block.

Reactions: 2
Some people just have the car boot bartering gene engrained in them. My sister is one of them remember once being on holiday on the beach when we were kids and she was bartering with the man selling sunglasses for so long I fell asleep at one point 😂 he’s probably still in therapy from it now

Seriously though some of the offers on Vinted are insulting!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Maybe try editing your listings by changing the price ever so slightly.. it might bump your listings up in the search results
Thank you, had a couple of sales yesterday!

I’m still a little confused how this work. What cut does Vinted take? Or do they add on top?
Vinted don't charge fees for sales, unlike Depop. No idea how they make their money but hey, all the better for the sellers!

Reactions: 1
On Vinted the buyer pays a fee but it’s only like 4%. There are ads on the app so I assume they make money that way too?

Reactions: 4
On Vinted the buyer pays a fee but it’s only like 4%. There are ads on the app so I assume they make money that way too?
TBF though, that buyers fee probably adds up if you think its roughly 80p on the lower sales (that's what I seem to pay, sometimes lower but average) and they've got a fair few members buying shiz...like me 😆

Reactions: 5
TBF though, that buyers fee probably adds up if you think its roughly 80p on the lower sales (that's what I seem to pay, sometimes lower but average) and they've got a fair few members buying shiz...like me 😆
I assumed they made money through interest too. Holding the transaction money in their acc until marked as received. I then naturally assumed crummy buyers who don't mark as received immediately have shares in vinted!.

• Haha
I've gone through a favouriting spree today and went back to look at things I really wanted to buy and they'd all been sold in seconds 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I assumed they made money through interest too. Holding the transaction money in their acc until marked as received. I then naturally assumed crummy buyers who don't mark as received immediately have shares in vinted!.
Plus advertising. I’m constantly accidentally clicking on infeed ads.

Reactions: 7
3 parcels to post and 2 to collect. As soon as I walked through the door today they started waving my parcel at me. Hope I get some sales next few days.

Some people just have the car boot bartering gene engrained in them. My sister is one of them remember once being on holiday on the beach when we were kids and she was bartering with the man selling sunglasses for so long I fell asleep at one point 😂 he’s probably still in therapy from it now

Seriously though some of the offers on Vinted are insulting!
This made me laugh!
Did your sis buy the sunglasses 😎 in the end???

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thank you to whoever said UPS give free shipping supplies, I ordered some bags and the small boxes last week and they've just arrived 🤩 underestimated the size of the boxes and nearly had a heart attack when the courier handed me a big wad of them 🤣 but they'll be good for bundles or bigger items like coats

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just seen a jacket labelled as excellent condition .... with its zip missing.

Some people are nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I saw a coat in great condition 'just a small tear that needs sowing'. The tear was a massive rip right down the entire sleeve. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Screenshot_20221027-122834_Vinted.jpg

What the heck do I do!?? I had been messaging Vinted so this wouldn't happen but they didn't get back to me. So the transaction has been cancelled! So the woman has got the item for free!? I had to pay for postage as I don't have a printer.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.