Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People are dire like I’m selling a foundation on depop basically full it’s usually £10 brand new and I’m selling for £4.50 so more than half price and not charging shipping. I just had someone message me asking if I would take £2 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Would cost more than £2 to ship it ffs.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
People are dire like I’m selling a foundation on depop basically full it’s usually £10 brand new and I’m selling for £4.50 so more than half price and not charging shipping. I just had someone message me asking if I would take £2 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Would cost more than £2 to ship it ffs.
Literally… I was selling a brand new Fenty foundation (retails for £30). And I got offered £5… like what?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I keep telling myself I’m not gonna buy any more stuff and then see cute clothes really cheap and I’m like.. well I’m not really spending if it’s in my vinted balance 😩😩

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Literally… I was selling a brand new Fenty foundation (retails for £30). And I got offered £5… like what?!
I’d be embarrassed to even ask that 🤦‍♀️ People have no shame. Can understand £1-£2 like depending on the price you have it up for but some people take the piss like

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A pet hate of mine is when someone buys something off me, then messages later saying something like "When are you going to send this please as I need it for Saturday for a birthday present"... like how is that my problem? You haven't paid for first class delivery!
I got a 4* review from someone over this. Paid then messaged to say they needed asap. I didn’t reply and sent it the next day. Left a review saying they were thinking of asking for a refund as I didn’t reply.

• Wow
I really need to delete Vinted when my purchases have arrived.

I keep buying but only downloaded it so I could sell... I really need to give myself a kick up the backside and get some more bits uploaded!

I saw someone selling a bundle of something I liked the other day. Asked if they'd split some items and she accepted my offer straight away when I said what I'd pay, so maybe I paid her too much - and I forgot about delivery charges on top - whoops!
Im the same originally downloaded it to sell stuff and I can’t stop buying stuff off it mainly for my daughter. I only downloaded it at the end of august and I’ve already bought over 20 odd items 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've been browsing but I'll be honest I'm not sure even what to search for. I find it a little overwhelming as there is so much stuff

I got a 4* review from someone over this. Paid then messaged to say they needed asap. I didn’t reply and sent it the next day. Left a review saying they were thinking of asking for a refund as I didn’t reply.
I had someone describe a tracksuit I sold as lovely, perfect and so soft. 4*. Wtf???

Reactions: 1
I'm getting really frustrated, agreed to sell an item on behalf of my step mum, it's basically brand new but just doesn't have tags. She paid £75 for it and said she wanted £40 or £35 for it. I explained sadly on Vinted that's a bit unrealistic especially as it doesn't have tags. Anyway, ended up putting it on for £35, said she would accept £30.

Keep getting offers for £25 and she keeps saying no I want £30, went back to one of them with £30 and they offered £28 and she said she's still holding out for £30 😂 it's £2 woman 😂 it's embarrassing for me and annoying for my dad as my step mum never checks her phone so I keep having to communicate all the offers through him :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Update have sold for £30 much to the relief of myself and my dad 😂 fingers crossed now for no delivery issues etc!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Some one just left me a review saying “nice item but package had too much tape” 🙃. Picky much 🤷‍♀️ I don’t even excessively use tape so no idea why they put that

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Some one just left me a review saying “nice item but package had too much tape” 🙃. Picky much 🤷‍♀️ I don’t even excessively use tape so no idea why they put that
I would be passive aggressive and reply to the review with "Sorry for packaging your item well"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Right sick of people taking the absolute piss out of me now. I’ve got a brand new with tags dress on there which people can clearly see cost me £49.99 I have it listed for £8 because I’m moving and desperately need rid of loads of clothes and someone offered £5.70 💀

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Are you allowed to put something on your advert such as “silly offers will not be entertained” or does that go against their rules?

Oh ffs what is wrong with people :ROFLMAO: I definitely use too much I get a bit happy with my tape gun 😂

Are you allowed to put something on your advert such as “silly offers will not be entertained” or does that go against their rules?
When I sell items that are worth quite a lot, I put in the description that I won't be accepting silly offers. Still had someone messaging saying "how low will you go?". They were ignored 🙃. Someone else bought for the full price shortly after!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.