Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you ever risk sending not tracked? It’s like £1.50 cheaper but I guess it’s so easy for the seller to lie even if they seem nice :)

Would you ever risk sending not tracked? It’s like £1.50 cheaper but I guess it’s so easy for the seller to lie even if they seem nice :)
I just send regular 2nd class and ask for proof of postage. That way you've covered with RM to around the £25 mark. I've been sending this way with e bay for years and only had one parcel go missing but I did get compensation from RM and it was pretty fuss free. Maybe I've just been lucky!

Reactions: 1
I just send regular 2nd class and ask for proof of postage. That way you've covered with RM to around the £25 mark. I've been sending this way with e bay for years and only had one parcel go missing but I did get compensation from RM and it was pretty fuss free. Maybe I've just been lucky!
Oh that’s a good tip about you’re covered up to £25 with RM anyway with the postage receipt :)

Oh that’s a good tip about you’re covered up to £25 with RM anyway with the postage receipt :)
If you're sending higher value items you can ask for signed for too which usually works out cheaper than tracked x

Reactions: 2
I’ve sold loads on depop but then took a break as was moving house and put a few things back up a month or so ago and haven’t sold anything thinking of trying Vinted. People on depop are wild as well though I’d 2 oh polly dresses which where over £40 each still had tags on and hadn’t been worn and put them on depop for £20 each and free shipping, had someone message and ask if I’d take £10 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I wouldn’t have the balls to ask I just buy things for what their going for. Also think if your not charging a shipping fee it’s just rude to ask.

I pick custom postage, free hand the labels and send Royal Mail. Mostly clothing, I set postage to £3.35 which is 2nd class. If you're sending larger things then RM may get expensive.
I was wondering if you can free hand the shipping labels as that’s what I did with depop as well. Where do you find the custom postage setting?

I was wondering if you can free hand the shipping labels as that’s what I did with depop as well. Where do you find the custom postage setting?
Its the very bottom option if you click parcel size.

I wasn't sure if its something you were supposed to do but have never had buyers complain. I've not used my printer since home schooling so reluctant to buy the ink.

I really am struggling to find motivation with vinted.

Unless you have branded stuff and are willing to sell it for a fiver, everything else is £1 or 50p etc.

My sister sells loads on there and yes all the 50ps add up but the time it takes to list them and then package up and drop off all for pennies is really frustrating. I would rather donate to charity as its only 1 trip and they can benefit.

Reactions: 8
It always amuses me that people get so salty over people making offers on items.

I followed an item on Vinted and it had been on for months and not sold. I made an offer knowing this l, and was given such abuse.
What’s wrong with a polite decline? It’s just a simple question… will you accept x amount. Yes or no?
Why should someone be ashamed for trying to find a bargain

It always amuses me that people get so salty over people making offers on items.

I followed an item on Vinted and it had been on for months and not sold. I made an offer knowing this l, and was given such abuse.
What’s wrong with a polite decline? It’s just a simple question… will you accept x amount. Yes or no?
People don’t mind £20 down to £12, it’s more like £20 down to £2.50 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People don’t mind £20 down to £12, it’s more like £20 down to £2.50 😆
I see your point but it’s still a harmless question. No one’s forcing anyone to sell for less, just say no and move on. Why are people trying to shame each other, it’s shady

Winds me up more when something is up for £3 and they offer £2.50 like...really its 50p!

Has anyone tried Twig for designer? I had a DVF dress I sold for a good price on there but I've heard reviews of you sending the item to them and they reject it for arbitrary reasons, then you have to pay for the return :( You basically upload it, they quote you a price and you send it to them

This annoys me so much! When I was selling things people were putting in all kinds of ridiculous offers, and I would always accept, decline or counter offer. I put an offer in on a dress which has been on for 6 months and got a snotty message back, why not just decline 😂. I've got this dress in my favourites now which I have put an offer in on, I would pay full price too but because she's ignored it completely I don't know what I am meant to do now.

• Heart
Anyone had issues with returning stuff on Vinted? I bought a top which was advertised as an XL. It arrived as an XS. The seller made out like it was my fault I couldn’t fit in it 🙈 I didn’t realise you had to pay to return faulty/misadvertised items, that doesn’t seem fair? I closed the issue in the end as I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle and have already managed to resell the item. It has just put me off using Vinted!

Reactions: 3
This annoys me so much! When I was selling things people were putting in all kinds of ridiculous offers, and I would always accept, decline or counter offer. I put an offer in on a dress which has been on for 6 months and got a snotty message back, why not just decline 😂. I've got this dress in my favourites now which I have put an offer in on, I would pay full price too but because she's ignored it completely I don't know what I am meant to do now.
I’m not disagreeing with you as I 95% agree but it does have to be a reasonable offer. I had a MaxMara suit that had been up for seven months (forgot about Vinted or would have priced it a little lower after a while) and someone offered me £6 :) 👗

• Haha
I’m not disagreeing with you as I 95% agree but it does have to be a reasonable offer. I had a MaxMara suit that had been up for seven months (forgot about Vinted or would have priced it a little lower after a while) and someone offered me £6 :) 👗
Completely agree with more expensive items, I had a Valentino purse, used but came with the box, dust bag, even the receipt and label which showed I paid 230EUR for it and I still got people like £30?xx No 😂 The dress I offered on was £15 and I offered £12

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Anyone had issues with returning stuff on Vinted? I bought a top which was advertised as an XL. It arrived as an XS. The seller made out like it was my fault I couldn’t fit in it 🙈 I didn’t realise you had to pay to return faulty/misadvertised items, that doesn’t seem fair? I closed the issue in the end as I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle and have already managed to resell the item. It has just put me off using Vinted!
Yeah I don’t like that you have to pay to return either. I bought a lipsy dress that I was planning to wear to a wedding, it said excellent condition. It turned up stinking of fags and covered in dirty marks and fake tan stains. When I contacted the seller she was just like “sorry about that” as if she wouldn’t have noticed 🙄 I had to pay to send it back before I had my money returned

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.