Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1682516
What the heck do I do!?? I had been messaging Vinted so this wouldn't happen but they didn't get back to me. So the transaction has been cancelled! So the woman has got the item for free!? I had to pay for postage as I don't have a printer.
I'd turn off the printing postage options, if not done already, as it will sadly only track with the options offered by Vinted.

You'll have to get the buyer to rebuy BUT I don't know how that works now we can't set custom postage or pickup as an option.... if the buyer is kind, see if they'll PayPal you the cost of the item etc as they'll get all their costs/post/fees back for it being cancelled

Reactions: 4
I'd turn off the printing postage options, if not done already, as it will sadly only track with the options offered by Vinted.

You'll have to get the buyer to rebuy BUT I don't know how that works now we can't set custom postage or pickup as an option.... if the buyer is kind, see if they'll PayPal you the cost of the item etc as they'll get all their costs/post/fees back for it being cancelled
Ah man! If I go with Yodel do they do a QR code get sent you or do you still have to pay?? The issue with me is that I don't have printer (should probably invest I know)

Ah man! If I go with Yodel do they do a QR code get sent you or do you still have to pay?? The issue with me is that I don't have printer (should probably invest I know)
I think it's only yodel and inpost you can use without a printer

Reactions: 2
Sorry haven’t caught up on what’s happened but if you use Yodel you get a digital QR code and you can get label printed at places like co op xx

Reactions: 1
Sorry haven’t caught up on what’s happened but if you use Yodel you get a digital QR code and you can get label printed at places like co op xx
Ah okay got it there's a yodel drop off 5 mins away from me I should of gone with Yodel in first place! What a dummy

I don't know what to do with the current situation. I don't have a PayPal to ask buyer to send the money there ahh what a mess 😅

View attachment 1682516
What the heck do I do!?? I had been messaging Vinted so this wouldn't happen but they didn't get back to me. So the transaction has been cancelled! So the woman has got the item for free!? I had to pay for postage as I don't have a printer.
Vinted are well know for being contracdictory on their advice. I cannot see how this will work, even if the buy does rebuy what happens with shipping? You have nothing left to ship.

How is the buyer, friendly? Set up a paypal and ask for the money or just let it go. I wouldn't trust Vinted at all. I had a case of item was not as described that I bought, they lied to me time and time again and then told me I was in the wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
View attachment 1682516
Oh that’s so annoying! I’d see if they will PayPal you the amount, I would if it was me

Reactions: 1
I sold a pair of dungarees, the order has been delivered. It was delivered on Tuesday. Vinted said I would automatically get my money today at 15:18 as long as the buyer hadn’t reported any issues. Has she reported an issue and I just don’t know yet or is it just being slow? I’ve never had this issue before, people have always confirmed that everything was okay with the order straight away!

Yes, as I don't have a printer for Evri but I've changed the option now to yodel. I had been messaging them since the day I sent it explaining so they wouldn't cancel but they did not reply to messages.
Soemtimes my tracker doesn’t update when I post but a few days after it comes up saying have you sent it? And I confirm I have, I wonder why that didn’t happen?

Yes, as I don't have a printer for Evri but I've changed the option now to yodel. I had been messaging them since the day I sent it explaining so they wouldn't cancel but they did not reply to messages.
I think it auto cancels if the label provided isn't used

Omff this is the second time this week whoever donkey unloads the inpost lockers has mixed my label with someone else’s parcel!!

I sold a pair of dungarees, the order has been delivered. It was delivered on Tuesday. Vinted said I would automatically get my money today at 15:18 as long as the buyer hadn’t reported any issues. Has she reported an issue and I just don’t know yet or is it just being slow? I’ve never had this issue before, people have always confirmed that everything was okay with the order straight away!
I have this loads. You'll get your money but sadly have to wait a few extra hrs after vinteds own cut off point.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.