Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatwouldyoudo

VIP Member
I posted previously about a jacket that had been sent to a wrong address in Glasgow. The seller contacted me today saying I had to click “everything is ok” and Vinted will refund us both in a couple of days. I didn’t have the option as I had already clicked to report an earlier today. Seller encouraged me to click to resolve the issue and said she would refund me. I did this. Now I have no option to contact Vinted about the matter from what I can see and I only have her word I will receive said refund. I asked her to clarify what she meant when she said she will refund me and she replied that she can’t do anything and it all has to be dealt with by contacting Vinted again.
I’m so frustrated and now worried I’ve done the wrong thing closing it! She has been so nice throughout I just trusted what she has been saying.
I think she knew exactly what she was doing, she's purposely deceived you and now she has her money.

Reactions: 10

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I've never sold on Vinted and only bought once so far. But I'm thinking of selling so have been browsing various listings to get ideas about how to style/photograph things and how descriptive people are etc. (Probs overthinking it lol)

And I came across this account and I'm.....a bit perplexed. Is this a fetish thing?! Do I just not use Vinted enough and if I did I would know this is a whole thing/subgenre?! There were TWENTY photos for this scarf, all variations on this pose. Would I make more money if I styled everything like this 🤔

*silently seethes at her figure* 😂😂

• Haha

hol20x

VIP Member
About to take 10 parcels to the drop off at the shop across from where I work. They're gonna bar me. 😂

• Haha

hol20x

VIP Member
I'm officially done with ordering clothes off Depop/Vinted. I've only done it a few times and every time the item is minging!! A cap arrived today which was advertised as brand new never used and it's got yellow stains all over it! 😤

• Sick
  • Sad

idk21

Chatty Member
Everyone’s got to start with no reviews!
Sorry late to the party but I’ve learned to take accounts with zero reviews with a pinch of salt. My husband has recently joined Vinted and bought 3 things from different sellers. He’s left good reviews for all of them, but no one has left him any reviews back. No idea why, as he is fairly normal, doesn’t do anything wrong, and is 100% trustworthy! I’m half-tempted to get him to list something and then I’d buy it off him just so I can leave him a nice review lol!

Reactions: 9

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
If it's an expensive item, then I can understand people wanting the measurements to make sure it fits.... if it's a basic top for a quid and they're wanting an indepth analysis of the measurements, fabric, time on earth blah blah, those MF are getting a blocking for the sheer audacity

• Haha

pommynoir

VIP Member
I've come to the conclusion that people's favourites are like a collection of things they like but don't necessarily want. Or are waiting for the seller to reduce dramatically.
Cheeky offers make me so mad though!
Aye I favourite 10 of the same thing, to compare the price and I will obviously only buy one of them.
I also have pair of loubisharks favourited at £650. They’re only £40 off retail so if I wanted them I’d buy them in the shop but I’m just intrigued to see if they will sell. I’ve done that with a few overpriced items because I’m a nosy bitch.

• Haha

ClaretFairy

VIP Member
I love the Facebook groups but it drives me mad when people post “I brought” rather than “I bought”. I’m only on them for the drama.

• Haha

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Created a bundle, with discounts it came to £21.80. Seller sent me an offer of £30 because £21.80 was too cheap 🫠
I've had this before. I won't buy once they do that out of principle. If you don't wanna honour your discount bundles then don't offer them in the first place.

NikiV11

Guys I haven’t had much traffic to my page despite listing stuff recently, so last night I went through my old listings, re-photographed them (hanging from a door rather than on my wooden (clean) floor) and I’ve sold three items already. Might be worth looking through your old listings and doing the same? I know it’s a ball ache but I’m £20 richer today 😆

• Heart

Frankysaysrelax

VIP Member
I feel like I can smell these pictures 😭

I think these might have been uploaded for the attention of a certain type of buyer 👀 🦶
I draw the line at wearing someone else’s Birkenstocks. That sole is porous AF.

i agree these are in perfect condition for a pervert to wank over 😷

• Haha
  • Sick

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I posted about an actual wannabe scammer and they all took her side just because I was straight to the point with her. Apparently I 'fat shamed' someone because they said to me to go eat a snickers and I was like no thanks if I wanna eat I'll eat something nourishing. 😂😂😂😂
Also you know when you think of something after the argument and are kicking yourself after for not thinking it at the time. She kept asking for my username to block me and I fucking wish I'd replied with GymmySavile.

• Haha

pommynoir

VIP Member
Am I the only one that thinks 48 hours is fair? Sometimes I collect an item and am super busy / on my way somewhere and just passing the shop 🤷🏽‍♀️ get home and I’m wrecked so I’ll check it the next day.
I have never had someone chase me, and I do try to confirm asap but if someone messaged me to chase me I’d probably leave them negative feedback it would piss me off massively lol

slidders

Chatty Member
Had my first arsehole feedback. £1 item posted same day, said ‘brilliant thanks’ FOUR STARS! Fucker!

They didn’t have any feedback ratings so I gave them a 3 and blocked them. Play silly games, win silly prizes!!

• Haha

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Hello I need some advice. I sold a genuine leather jacket I'd hardly worn and got myself all muddled and uploaded it as topshop brand when it's asos design doh! The lady who bought it has opened up a case and I have of course accepted the return and apologised. Although there were many photos of the asos label I can't really blame her for this as I did the same 😂 no hard feelings but she's pretty upset she has to pay for the return once I opened the case. I totally get that but at the end of the day it's vinteds T&Cs. She'd be getting a £45 return less the delivery so she'd still be getting majority back it's not like it was £2 and she'd be left worse off. But looking at vinted terms I can see theres different terms foe SNAD significantly not as described - do you think this would fall under that? She's replying as if I set out to scam which I did not I have over 200 5* reviews and sell on vinted often without issues. It was a genuine mistake and obviously the pictures are the item it was just a case of tapping topshop instead of asos on the brand bit. I really don't want to cause a problem, should I offer to pay postage? Is there a way she could keep it and I don't get the money if she claims its SNAD? I'm a bit confused haven't had this happen before any advice?
If she's being arsey then fuck her let her pay her own return.

• Haha

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Is she from Yeovil? Be a shame if someone ordered a massive bundle from her and then cancelled. A real shame.

• Haha

stardust1

VIP Member
Was looking for a certain top, favourited one that was new with tags but folded still in the clear bag with no pictures of what the actual top was. It was up 9 weeks. She sends me an offer £3 off and i said ‘hello, can you send me a screenshot of which top this is so I know it is the right one please?’ And she replied back ‘it is brand new! Fuck off!’

what does being brand new have to do with the fact your description is vague as fuck and there could be anything in your fucking plastic bag

• Wow
  • Haha

Cheezychips

Chatty Member
That's a pervert.
100%

You should see the weirdos I've had on eBay, I've got some stories too tell. Ended up with a stalker once who found out where I lived because I was selling a pair of UGG boots.

They wanted me to walk in dog shit wearing them and post them. I said no. They somehow found out where I lived (they didn't buy them so didn't get my address that way) and asked if I could meet them where I worked (which they also knew) and hand them over, dog shitty, in person. Not on your fucking nelly.

Had other weird, pervo, requests too, would anyone like to hear them?
---
My Yodel guy is really weird. Stuff comes really quickly but I tend to hide from him when I know he is coming. Once he stood on my doorstep for ages telling me how bad his urine infection was 🙀 totally unrelated to vinted of course 😅
When I was pregnant, back in 2006, my postman regularly make innuendo laced comments and would ask if I was having sex toys delivered. It started off friendly chat but quickly escalated to that. I told me OH and he went ballistic, I think the guy thought I was a single pregnant mum to be, anyway I reported him to royal mail and never seen him again.
---
Maybe I just attract weirdos 🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Haha