Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

a2343

Tattlers - how do you deal with low ball offers? I donā€™t sell often so I know Iā€™m probably taking this too much to heart but I have a pair of Clarkā€™s womenā€™s boots for sale - never worn, still in box - selling for 35. I have one woman ask me a bunch of questions, requests additional photos - I send all of these through. Then she offers me 5. All I think is ā€˜what is your problem?!ā€™

I responding with 50 and she responds with ā€˜what?ā€™, and so I say ā€˜I thought we were throwing out ridiculous numbers and time wastingā€™ and then I blocked her.

but Eughā€¦ itā€™s so frustrating. I know selling online wouldnā€™t be a full time thing for me so respect to all of you who do it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Elisha97

Chatty Member
Someone sent a top to me in a cat litter tray liner bag that was just sellotaped up into a sausage shape today on VintedāœŒšŸ»

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Iā€™d block too.

I blocked someone this morning for asking if I could post today because ā€œI really need it asapā€. Then order from the original retailer hun, Iā€™m spending my bank holiday on the sofa, eating ice cream and watching Netflix while nursing a hangover, not running off to the shop to post your Ā£5 dress šŸ–•šŸ»

• Haha

stardust1

VIP Member
Someone gave me a 1 star for confirming all was ok 4 hours after it was delivered because I was outšŸ¤£fucking hell man should have left it longer

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Further FB Marketplace fuckery with my car sale. Bearing in mind if you were to stick a pin in a map of the UK Iā€™m probably about as close to the middle as youā€™d get, why would you ask me if Iā€™d like to swap my car for a FUCKING SPEEDBOAT. And one requiring work to boot.

I have sold it today, unsure whether Iā€™ll miss the amusement of my daily dose of marketplace weirdness or not tbh.

Last edited:
  • Haha

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
Last week I had 2 things come day after they posted. One royal mail and the other my firm faves yodel.
My Yodel guy is really weird. Stuff comes really quickly but I tend to hide from him when I know he is coming. Once he stood on my doorstep for ages telling me how bad his urine infection was šŸ™€ totally unrelated to vinted of course šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow

idk21

Chatty Member
Not strictly Depop or Vinted-related but this thread has inspired me nonetheless as you guys have beefed me up and made me feel less bad about being ruthless.

There is a WhatsApp group that I often give away items on to people who live locally for FREE. Whenever I post anything I usually put ā€œCollection [my postcode]ā€ in the caption. I often get a lot of questions asking stupid stuff like can I deliver (no), what is my postcode (itā€™s in the caption), where to collect from (my postcode is in the caption), what is my location / where am I (put my postcode into your Maps app), and so on. Up until today I would have given in and responded and then probably pulled my hair out. But, no more. This thread has inspired me to just ignore these types of questions and save my sanity šŸ™Œ. Also, Iā€™ve found that people who ask me this many questions often mess me about and donā€™t come to collect any items anyway šŸ˜’

• Heart

Justwatchin...

I saw someone on the fb group earlier who had a man message and say he'd pay Ā£20 for a pair of her used socks. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I know someone who put a balloon arch up on Marketplace for free after a party and a man messaged her asking if she would film herself standing on them and popping them for him...

• Haha

Frankysaysrelax

VIP Member
Further FB Marketplace fuckery with my car sale. Bearing in mind if you were to stick a pin in a map of the UK Iā€™m probably about as close to the middle as youā€™d get, why would you ask me if Iā€™d like to swap my car for a FUCKING SPEEDBOAT. And one requiring work to boot.

I have sold it today, unsure whether Iā€™ll miss the amusement of my daily doste of marketplace weirdness or not tbh.
You shouldā€™ve replied ā€˜ if i wanted a speed boat Iā€™d go on Bullā€™s Eyeā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 18

sydneymae

I wash, dry and lint roll every item of clothing before posting! I can't fathom why you wouldn't, especially having pets!
Maybe Iā€™ll get hate for this but I have pets and I always wash and lint roll every garment before posting but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get every single pet hair out of some materials in particular especially knit fabrics! I will go through a full roll of lint roller on one item of clothing and there will still be some hairs embedded that I just canā€™t take the time to individually pluck out every single one. I have ā€˜pet ownerā€™ in my bio and all items are in great condition but I just havenā€™t found a way around those times where there are some pet hairs leftover that are impossible to get out despite rolling the crap out of it.

ClaretFairy

VIP Member
One of my items has 141 views and 27 favourites. Iā€™ve sent every single person who favourited it a 10% discounted price offer and not one fucker has accepted.
Why are you favouriting it if you donā€™t want to buy šŸ˜­
To be fair I favourite anything I like the look of and then decide if I want to buy it after Iā€™ve compared it to other stuff/thought about it.

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
Bought a dress on Vinted. Wore it. Washed it. Sold it again for the same price. Basically got a lovely dress for a night out for the price of postage šŸ‘Œ