Selling on Depop and Vinted #4 hi-ho-hi-ho off the scammers go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just out of curiosity why would you care? Not asking in a nasty way I just don’t see why it would matter. I’ve had some higher end stuff sell within minutes and I feel like they’re the online equivalent of the people who would jump in your boot at sunrise at a car boot to resell on their own stall. I just feel like that’s their prerogative if they pay the price you ask.
Good question, I don't know why I care really. Probably a bit pissed off that I didn't have the balls to list it for that price to begin with. I don't know, it just seems like a bit of a head move to me.

Reactions: 1
Had brand new next baby clothes that haven’t been worn, 2 rompers and a really nice sleepsuit. I accepted a bundle on it so £4 in total for 3 items. She came back 24 hours later and tried to get a discount on it for another 50p. Instant block I cba with people like that. I know that’s the whole point of Vinted but no sod off.

Reactions: 6
Just out of curiosity why would you care? Not asking in a nasty way I just don’t see why it would matter. I’ve had some higher end stuff sell within minutes and I feel like they’re the online equivalent of the people who would jump your boot at sunrise at a car boot to resell on their own stall. I just feel like that’s their prerogative if they pay the price you ask.
Good question, I don't know why I care really. Probably a bit pissed off that I didn't have the balls to list it for that price to begin with. I don't know, it just seems like a bit of a head move to me.
QUOTE="Pumpkins1506, post: 14411605, member: 292590"]
[/QUOTE]
It is a dick head move and the scroungers are annoying.

Reactions: 1
I may be being totally unreasonable here but do people ever look how long something has been listed before making an offer. I normally don’t even bother with an offer it’s only just been listed.
I just sold a really nice thick denim jumpsuit that had literally not been up an hour. Listed for £4.
Someone offered £3. I declined, already had people interested. Then offered £3.50. I declined. For the sake of 50p!
It sold for £4 10 minutes later to someone else. Am I too petty?

Reactions: 8
I may be being totally unreasonable here but do people ever look how long something has been listed before making an offer. I normally don’t even bother with an offer it’s only just been listed.
I just sold a really nice thick denim jumpsuit that had literally not been up an hour. Listed for £4.
Someone offered £3. I declined, already had people interested. Then offered £3.50. I declined. For the sake of 50p!
No, it annoys me too!

Reactions: 3
I listed a dress for £10 the other week and someone offered me £8, 6 mins after I listed it. I thought Jesus Christ give me chance 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Back again but need some proper advice.
Just discovered that someone who bought an item off me a couple of weeks ago is now reselling as their own item - description states as much. And for twice what they haggled me down to.

Can this be reported? Their seller profile states that they only sell their own clothes.
But the item is now theirs. Vinted even suggest selling items on if they don’t fit or suit you.

You got paid for it and they might not get anywhere near that price. It’s annoying but move on. They aren’t doing anything wrong.

Reactions: 12
not a scam but someone talked me down on a vintage leather duster & i was happy to let it go to clear the space but then kicked up that postage for a floor length leather coat?? in a ladies size 16?? would be £5 and not £2.50
cba put off selling

Yes I do. If its been a while I'll make a cheeky reasonable offer but if uploaded within say past 4 weeks I won't bother.

The offer button on Vinted brings out my inner evil Kermit.

“This seems cheap”

“But it could be cheaper” 🐸

I’ve found it really depends on the seller when it comes to offers! Some people are happy to just rid of stuff, whilst others want a set price and don’t want to budge.

I only started using the app last month and now I only offer on stuff that I don’t mind missing out on. If it’s something I’ve been looking for and it’s a reasonable price then it’s worth buying straight away before someone else does!

Reactions: 7
I don’t consider length of time as a buyer or a seller tbh. I wouldn’t give in to low offers if it’s been listed ages. Id sooner relist or donate 😂 I don’t like idea of people having one over on me, clearly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Getting stupid offers on stuff I only listed this morning. 🤦‍♀️ I'm just declining, not even negotiating.

Reactions: 4
So I’ve made an offer on something and she’s just not bothered responding, to accept or decline. And has been online numerous times since. What’s the point?

Reactions: 2
I favourited an item that was up for £5, fully intended on buying it today and they've just put it up to £8! Not buying it now.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
So I’ve made an offer on something and she’s just not bothered responding, to accept or decline. And has been online numerous times since. What’s the point?
I have to admit at this point now I do this to the stupid offers I get 😂 if it’s a reasonable one and I’m not 100% yet, I’ll message the person and say I’m looking for asking but I may accept your offer shortly after I’ve given it a day or two!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.