Selling on Depop and Vinted #4 hi-ho-hi-ho off the scammers go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone has left me 2 star feedback 😡 they claim it’s too used. They bought a secondhand kid jumper and joggers originally from Primark and had clear photos so not sure what they were expecting 🙄

Is it worth responding to? Haven’t left them feedback so could leave them bad feedback too 🤣

Reactions: 1
Some people need to get off their high horse about the FEDEX charges like it effects them in anyway and that it makes them a better person cause they ‘knew there would be a loop hole’ and ‘i always read the T&C’s on EVERYTHING’ 🥱

Reactions: 2
Some people need to get off their high horse about the FEDEX charges like it effects them in anyway and that it makes them a better person cause they ‘knew there would be a loop hole’ and ‘i always read the T&C’s on EVERYTHING’ 🥱
Yeah there’s no loophole with UPS packaging as far as I know? :)

Yeah there’s no loophole with UPS packaging as far as I know? :)
I’m not sure sorry I have not sold anything or ordered packaging before just going off what I’ve been seeing on Facebook. What I’ve read though UPS seem ok x

Looking for some cheap clothes for my little one.. I can't understand the number of people selling individual t shirts from cheapo brands (F&F, George, Matalan) for £1 each?? Even in excellent condition, by the time you've added the protection fee and postage you'd be looking at about 4 quid for a second hand t shirt. What's the point? I guess if you made a bundle and got a discount on postage it might be worth it? when I'm selling kids clothes I maybe group like half a dozen of the same size tops together and sell them for maybe 2 quid the lot (or is it just me haha)

Reactions: 9
Looking for some cheap clothes for my little one.. I can't understand the number of people selling individual t shirts from cheapo brands (F&F, George, Matalan) for £1 each?? Even in excellent condition, by the time you've added the protection fee and postage you'd be looking at about 4 quid for a second hand t shirt. What's the point? I guess if you made a bundle and got a discount on postage it might be worth it? when I'm selling kids clothes I maybe group like half a dozen of the same size tops together and sell them for maybe 2 quid the lot (or is it just me haha)
I don’t sell but I only ever get the bundles cause with everything else on top you may as well have got tshirts from primark or sale sections. I just got 5 long sleeve next tops for £1.50 which makes it worth while getting

Someone has left me 2 star feedback 😡 they claim it’s too used. They bought a secondhand kid jumper and joggers originally from Primark and had clear photos so not sure what they were expecting 🙄

Is it worth responding to? Haven’t left them feedback so could leave them bad feedback too 🤣
I would respond. Just something along the lines of it was clearly photographed and condition accurately described

I’ve been on vinted a year and made my first mistake and send a parcel to the wrong person 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
so now someone who ordered a couple of t shirts has got 2 jumpsuits😭 cba with the faff of sorting a return though. What a nightmare

I’ve just had someone complaining of an issue and requesting a refund for a £1 kids swimsuit 🤦🏻‍♀️ they’re saying it’s not as described despite there being clear multiple photographs of the item. It’ll cost them more in postage just to get it back to me. Not sure what some people are expecting!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just had someone complaining of an issue and requesting a refund for a £1 kids swimsuit 🤦🏻‍♀️ they’re saying it’s not as described despite there being clear multiple photographs of the item. It’ll cost them more in postage just to get it back to me. Not sure what some people are expecting!
I'd make her return it. Whats her issue with it?

Guys I’ve started a “vinted saving challenge”, my aim is £500, and not spend any of it on vinted. It’s to help me declutter, and I feel more motivated when I tick off the £50 increments, like I’m working towards something 🥰 if anyone wants to join me? My current balance is £112 🙂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I'd make her return it. Whats her issue with it?
I am doing. Said there’s significant scuffs and stains (which there are a free marks, they’ve been photographed) and also that there’s a ‘nick’ At the back which I assume she means the material has pulled? It wasn’t like that when I sent it but who knows, could’ve got caught on the sticky packaging I suppose. For £1 I’ll just realise with an updated photo of the ‘nick’ and still sell it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Guys I’ve started a “vinted saving challenge”, my aim is £500, and not spend any of it on vinted. It’s to help me declutter, and I feel more motivated when I tick off the £50 increments, like I’m working towards something 🥰 if anyone wants to join me? My current balance is £112 🙂
Just don't keep it sitting in Vinted, just incase. The seem on a rampage at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I messaged someone on Sunday on fb mp asking if something was still available and if it was when could I collect. They haven’t responded but read my message do I ask again??

Guys I’m scared now 🤣🤣 should I withdraw it??
Yes, just keep it somewhere separate if you want to save it up. I withdraw at every £50 or so. I haven't had any issues personally but I am not prepare to take the risk, Vinted are unhinged sometimes!
---

I messaged someone on Sunday on fb mp asking if something was still available and if it was when could I collect. They haven’t responded but read my message do I ask again??
I would. I can forget to reply sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.