Selling on Depop and Vinted #4 hi-ho-hi-ho off the scammers go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t find this but I’d like to have a look. Please can you explain how to find it as if you’re talking to a simpleton? Lol
Tia
Erm lol So Vinted website (not app). Click on your picture at the top...then payments...then on left says income....then download (only shows 2022 statement in full) then I added up my 23 sales

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve never had an issue with any delivery service. The only one which wasn’t an issue with the delivery company was the parcel shop rejecting my delivery. This same shop rejected two different parcels, one time it got sent back to seller but the second time they delivered to my house.
Inpost never had an issue collecting parcels but have to go a bit further to drop one off although only one time.
Evri and Royal Mail no issues

Vinted is my guilty pleasure and I spend far too much money on it 🤣 BUT I do get some amazing designer bits for the kids, £20 I paid for a moncler outfit which I’d paid £115 for brand new last year I just wanted it in a bigger size, come perfect and the code online says it’s real. 13 parcels I’m expecting today my evri delivery driver hates me 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
An item I bought wasn't sent, so Vinted cancelled and started the refund process. Silly cow had ignored me asking if she'd posted it, despite logging on daily.

As soon as Vinted cancelled the purchase, here she comes with "Oh I don't know what happened, I did send it." I ignored her.

New seller, no feedback. Lesson learned.

Oh and this is random but do your accounts suddenly translate into French?! It's happened to me about 4 times now. I can't turn the language back to English either. I just have to wait til it sorts itself out and reverts back. It's so weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Just dropped off at the Yodel shop and after they scanned it they decided to tell me that the delivery driver just dropped off a huge sack of parcels that should be in Swansea. I'm in Scotland 🤦‍♀️ fortunately the thing I dropped off is only a £2.50 item.

Got one of my sons care providers hooked on vinted. She keeps selling stuff for cheap though so had to give her all the vinted selling secrets. 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 5
One of my friends got me hooked in January. Made just over £400 on stuff that was just lying around 🙀

Reactions: 7
Please share your secrets with me too 😭
I block at the first hint of nonsense.

List things for more then you expect to get for them.

If someone's trying to scam - find their relatives on FB and gently break the news to them that their loved one is a vinted scammer...watch the money magically appear in your account.

Post on the forums regularly.

Also when buying I always check out the sellers other stuff and look for clues in the backgrounds as to the sort of person I'm buying off. I've never had to return an item.

Have a zero tolerance policy to sob stories.

Reactions: 12
I block at the first hint of nonsense.

List things for more then you expect to get for them.

If someone's trying to scam - find their relatives on FB and gently break the news to them that their loved one is a vinted scammer...watch the money magically appear in your account.

Post on the forums regularly.

Also when buying I always check out the sellers other stuff and look for clues in the backgrounds as to the sort of person I'm buying off. I've never had to return an item.

Have a zero tolerance policy to sob stories.
Wow..

Just me or has anyone not really had any issues with buying or selling? I’ve had a couple of rude people and others not confirming receipt, but that’s it.

Wow..

Just me or has anyone not really had any issues with buying or selling? I’ve had a couple of rude people and others not confirming receipt, but that’s it.
I haven't other than a really dirty item being sent to me when it was listed as unworn...! No one has been rude thus far, and I've never posted on the forums.

Guys there’s something I really want on vinted, but it’s a skincare item, and there’s no “buy now” option. I’ve contacted the seller who says it keeps getting removed because it’s classed as beauty. She’s asked me to buy something else and she will send the skincare item to me instead. I asked her to post it on depop and I can buy it on there, but she says she doesn’t have depop

is this a scam? 😂 she has good reviews but I can see other beauty items on vinted with a “buy now” button. After all the stories of vinted I’m worried I’m being soooo cynical 🤣🤣 it is very usually cheap tho
This happened to me-Evri won’t take beauty items but then wouldn’t let me have any other option to send. I reserved the item for the girl then changed the category to toy and she was able to buy it. Hopefully this works for you

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.