Selling on Depop and Vinted #4 hi-ho-hi-ho off the scammers go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At this point, why even bother having vinted? 😂 reviews are absolutely shocking
Gotta adjmire the per⁷
Wow..

Just me or has anyone not really had any issues with buying or selling? I’ve had a couple of rude people and others not confirming receipt, but that’s it.
Someone sent a beach cover up that wasn't 'unworn' and had dirt round the neck. I wash everything I buy anyway, but I left her a one star rating and exposed her in my feedback. Then I blocked her. Just in case when I start selling, she tries to get 'revenge' and sabotages a sale! (Gotta think ahead LOL).

And the woman I complained about yesterday. Other than that, all my purchases have been fine.

Reactions: 3
Pfft. Mildly indignant this afternoon.
4 star feedback from a seller. I gave 5* feedback, I marked received as soon as the parcel was notified as being delivered so they weren't waiting around for funds.
What more do you want from me???

I also keep getting the cheekiest bleeping offers that I'm now taking the common advice and blocking instantly.

Reactions: 5
I don’t understand why any seller would give less than 5* feedback to the buyer (unless they were a pain in the ass, obviously!). Generally you buy, pay, confirm… what’s there even to rate? Have you asked why she didn’t give you 5?

Reactions: 11
I don’t understand why any seller would give less than 5* feedback to the buyer (unless they were a pain in the ass, obviously!). Generally you buy, pay, confirm… what’s there even to rate? Have you asked why she didn’t give you 5?
My SIL was given 4* as she took 3 days to collect the parcel 🤣 she marked it as fine as soon as received it, so they didn't have to wait 2 days for the money

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Even if people take a while to collect I give them 5*. We all have different priorities and not everyone can drop everything to go to collect a parcel 🙈 some people, jeez 😂

Reactions: 8
Even if people take a while to collect I give them 5*. We all have different priorities and not everyone can drop everything to go to collect a parcel 🙈 some people, jeez 😂
I've had someone wait until the 9th day to collect, still gave them 5* as you don't know what people deal with in their life, yes it's very annoying but if you aren't prepared to wait or are that desperate for the money you should use eBay 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I'm having my first item being sent back to me as the buyer failed to pick it up from an In Post locker. I sold it for £1.30. Such a waste of time for all.

• Sad
Back again but need some proper advice.
Just discovered that someone who bought an item off me a couple of weeks ago is now reselling as their own item - description states as much. And for twice what they haggled me down to.

Can this be reported? Their seller profile states that they only sell their own clothes.

Reactions: 1
Just discovered that someone who bought an item off me a couple of weeks ago is now reselling as their own item - description states as much. And for twice what they haggled me down to.

Can this be reported? Their seller profile states that they only sell their own clothes.
Nothing you can do unfortunately

Reactions: 4

I'm not sure there's anything you can do? I recently bought an item someone was selling for £2 and it was too big for me, so I resold it. I made a small profit because I believe the item was worth more (and I would have paid more for it anyway, for myself). I've had people buy vintage items from me and sell for double or triple the price on their accounts, but I sold them for what I wanted and was happy with what I got for them so I don't mind.

And technically if they bought it from you, it is now their item of clothing to sell.

Reactions: 12

You could try reporting it with proof that you sold it, but I don't think there are any rules with re-selling items. It's the same with charity shop sellers, they pretend they paid X amount, then sell it for tripple. Faye Jaye on YouTube does this. She scabs free fb stuff then re-sells. She has a thread on here.... You could leave them feedback comments reflecting this maybe?

Reactions: 1
Nothing you can do. They’ve bought it off you so technically they are selling their own item, as they now own it.

I buy stuff then resell it when it doesn’t fit or I’ve worn it for a night out all the time, but usually only for what I’ve paid or less because I’ve taken the tags off now. It’s annoying your buyer has listed it for more than she paid but there’s no guarantee she will sell it at that price she’s asking, and tbh there’s nothing stopping her asking for more for it. It’s cheeky of her but not breaking any rules.

Reactions: 6
Thanks everyone. Just very frustrating to be haggled down and then see it resold for double what she paid just a few days after it was received. Blocked her anyway out of annoyance.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Honestly. I'd be messaging her asking her to point me in the direction of the big spending buyers. 😂😂

• Haha

Just out of curiosity why would you care? Not asking in a nasty way I just don’t see why it would matter. I’ve had some higher end stuff sell within minutes and I feel like they’re the online equivalent of the people who would jump in your boot at sunrise at a car boot to resell on their own stall. I just feel like that’s their prerogative if they pay the price you ask.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.