Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh, I sold an eyeshadow palette and the buyer received it today, over 2 weeks late. She says it’s all smashed and I didn’t use enough bubble wrap. I’m fairly certain I used 2 layers, it’s all I had and I’ve received the same palette unprotected and had no issues. It’s been through 3 sorting offices so in my eyes it’s a courier issue and must have been dropped. Can we both still get our money? Do I complain to Vinted or evri? Don’t have the head space to sort it tonight so will message her tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ugh, I sold an eyeshadow palette and the buyer received it today, over 2 weeks late. She says it’s all smashed and I didn’t use enough bubble wrap. I’m fairly certain I used 2 layers, it’s all I had and I’ve received the same palette unprotected and had no issues. It’s been through 3 sorting offices so in my eyes it’s a courier issue and must have been dropped. Can we both still get our money? Do I complain to Vinted or evri? Don’t have the head space to sort it tonight so will message her tomorrow.
Tell her if she doesn't click everything is OK the next thing to be smashed will be her jaw. If you've got pics or a video of you packaging it vinted will award you both. If not they will just refund her.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Well I blocked the guy who kept asking for a discount and someone has now bought it for the full price I was asking (which was cheap anyway) I now only have one thing left on there after listing about a dozen. Almost £200 in my Vinted account now, I’m well chuffed!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last thing I sold received by the buyer today. Now officially on holiday mode until after Xmas because I can’t be bothered with the fight for space in lockers and the nearest shop is too far away. About to start a run of nights taking me up to Xmas day with no day off in the middle so I’m not getting up in the day to trek 5 miles to the shop for a tenner 🤣

Reactions: 6
Forgot to block that person the other day. She then went on to buy it and I half forgot. Now messaging asking how long until she gets it. Thanks for reminding me so I can cancel and block you. I just get a real sense of looking for things to moan about so rather not risk sending my item out and vinted then saying she doesn't have to return it and refunding her.

Reactions: 3
Loads of stuff I really want off vinted but nothing in my balance and I'm feeling the xmas pinch so don't wanna start spending money I aint really got spare. Now I know its frowned upon here but I am thinking of asking a few people to reserve items. In my defence I always do buy reserved items and give them a time and date I will have it bought by.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Loads of stuff I really want off vinted but nothing in my balance and I'm feeling the xmas pinch so don't wanna start spending money I aint really got spare. Now I know its frowned upon here but I am thinking of asking a few people to reserve items. In my defence I always do buy reserved items and give them a time and date I will have it bought by.
You just know it will be somebody you advised on here and you will get an instant block 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Currently have 7 buyers that have received their items and none have marked as received!! So frustrating, just know they won’t bother to leave feedback either.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I sent two items out on Thursday and I've now marked myself as being on holiday mode cos I don't want to chance things getting lost over the holidays.

I sent two items out on Thursday and I've now marked myself as being on holiday mode cos I don't want to chance things getting lost over the holidays.
Lots of people have been doing this I've noticed in past week. I'll be available for posting til the bitter end (Xmas eve).

• Haha
I've hidden anything christmassy incase it gets delayed in the post and arrives after Christmas and they then say somethings wrong with it when they eventually get it 🤣 ill republish them in January

Reactions: 5
I just got a message saying “Do you have anything for a Christmas party”? Look at my page? 😐 🌲

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have an item that they hid and asked me to edit the caption as they didn’t like it. I’ve edited the caption to something super plain “cardigan” and it’s still showing as hidden, does anyone know how to un hide? It’s been 2 days ffs

Those of you who sell things how long do you personally take to post things? Sick of people taking so long to post but active on vinted and just not acknowledging it!

Those of you who sell things how long do you personally take to post things? Sick of people taking so long to post but active on vinted and just not acknowledging it!
I always try to send the same day if I’m working (there’s a locker about a minute away from my work, and I don’t start til 9pm so it’s easy to do on my way in). If I’m not working I’ll send the next day usually. If I know it’s going to take longer than 24hrs between them buying and me sending I always send the buyer a message to let them know.

It really winds me up when sellers take ages but don’t let you know. I don’t expect them to drop everything and run out with my item, but just give me a heads up if you’re taking a couple of days to send?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.